walmart ammo search!

Ammo talk and ammo related topics
icehouse1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

walmart ammo search!

Post by icehouse1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:14 am

I recently had a member on here ask me if I shot all of the ammo that I had picked up yet, or was going to keep hitting every Walmart. I am not bitter, but I have tried to stockpile so that IF something happens to the supply, I can hold out. Sooooooooo..... I am going to let you all in on how I have been finding my ammo around me.. Some of you may already know about this, if so, good for you. Those of you that don't, hopefully it will help you out in your search.

http://ammo-can.net/index.php?st=KY&cal=22

This only for Walmart. You simply select the caliber of ammo that you are looking for in the top dropdown, state in which you are looking for it and hit enter. It will immediately show you what Wallys are getting ammo in, if any. Be sure to pay attention to the dates on the right hand side. Here, locally, the trucks arrive the nite before, so I pay attention to the time as well. It is not 100% accurate, but I will say that it is 80% accurate. For me that is good enough, because I only live about 5 minutes from our local Wallys. I get up on Sat and Sun mornings at my normal time ( 4 am ) and check this website. If it says that they had some come in, I go there around 6 am and wait. I don't feel bad for it because there is usually about 6 ~ 8 people behind me by 6:30 am. LOL! Our local Wallys doesn't bring it out until 7:15 or so. Some others put it out when it comes in. You will need to know what you local does. I have even had the luxury of having one of the managers to tell me whether or not they had it because he, like me, is trying to stock up on 22s.

Use it if you like... if you don't like it, please don't harp at me for not having the insight years ago to start stocking up on ammo. I have read several posts from a lot you over the past year that wished you had stocked up more. I have learned my lesson!

I am now at the point of, if they have it, I will buy it. If not, no biggie because I have some.. May be mean or rude, but that is the way it is. I feel like by me buying it, I am preventing someone else who is reselling it from hurting/gouging someone else and trust me, I know who they are, because they are there EVERYDAY, not just the weekends. I have actually been able to help out a couple of others who really needed some for presents this year.

Remember, 80% not 100%

Ulwembu
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: walmart ammo search!

Post by Ulwembu » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:20 am

No idea how much ammo is at Walmart but this is the company that we used last time we were in the US (shot 4000 rounds of remanufactured 9mm 115 gr without a single hickup in 2 weeks):

http://www.freedommunitions.com/
DSR 506
IPSC 08-P69 Multi-Gun
Shooting at a range near you!

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bigelowe » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks for the hookup. 22lr is the only thing I can seem to find inmy limited time
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:33 am

I learned my lesson last time.

I don't need to stand in line for ammo. Glad you are finding it.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:09 am

I agree about hoarding ammo. I've always kept a decent stash and did have a nice one at the beginning of this too. But, I never expected a year plus of dry shelves. A few months, maybe even 6, but not a year or more. I LOVE to shoot and fortunately can walk out my back door and do it so I usually go through a lot of ammo. I've had to cut WAAAAAAY back and it F'ing sucks! I will buy every round at a decent price I can get my hands on, even if it comes down to going the Walmart route and I HATE Walmart. I hate not shooting whenever I want more though. I am an officially a ammo hoarder...haha Good luck to all the other ammo hoarders and go F yourself to all the jobless pos'es hitting the Walmarts every single morning and buying up all the ammo to resale and not ever shoot a round. Also go F yourself to the suppliers not getting it to the gun shops that would probably slow that BS down a whole lot but instead catering to the big retailmarts...

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:20 am

Nice

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:37 am

I don't like the reselling of it but I won't deny them the right to. I just won't spend $500 on a brick of .22 and the suckers that are buying it at that price only perpetuate the gouging. If you are buying for yourself to shoot now or later then I have no ill feelings and there isn't a number you can put to it for a cut off. There is an arbitrary number I where you know you couldn't shoot it in a lifetime and if you are still grabbing it at 6am so others can't buy any then you are a jerk and shame in you. This is not directed towards you Iceman but only a generalization of my outlook on it and from what you say about you buying to shoot I definitely don't think what you are doing is bad.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:39 am

I had a member sell me some because he had been fortunate enough to have plenty and helped me get a little bit extra padding so I didn't feel bad for shooting the stock I have.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:02 am

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:52 pm

I would put this at about 60% accurate for the Lexington area & I've been watch these type of apps most of the yr. It's only as good as what each store reports in the system, and apparently the Lex crew is lazy. Glad some of the other locations are on the ball.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Its the same douchebags at my Walmart that are there every morning to buy and resell it.
One of them is a member on here who hasn't logged back on since he got called out about doing this at Cabela's as well.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Totally wrong here in PA...not reliable at all.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:53 pm

I have no ill feelings against anyone buying it for whatever their reasons are. Who am I to determine why you can buy something? I don't care. I don't care if you have 56K rounds stashed away. Not my problem or concern. If I had the know how and means to buy it all the time and sell it for twice the price I would do it as well. It's no different than when several of us on here were going to Shooters Supply early this year and buying bolt carrier groups for $150 then flipping them online for twice the price.The same ones doing that are complaining about "gougers".

Bitch and complain all you want but we are all capable of doing the legwork and getting it just like everyone else. The problem is most of us don't want to do the work to squire it and want to have it all given to us easily. Those days are gone!

Now the ones paying the prices they are paying for it are the ones causing the mess to continue.
:llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:35 pm

^^^ no we don't have all the same opportunity to wait at walmarts until they open, we work. We also don't get to ride around in a company car all day and stop or shop when we feel like it. I work from 8-10 hrs a day and a lot of Saturdays as well. I am not telling anyone they can't, I'm just saying they are assholes.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:44 pm

jackalo626 wrote:^^^ no we don't have all the same opportunity to wait at walmarts until they open, we work. We also don't get to ride around in a company car all day and stop or shop when we feel like it. I work from 8-10 hrs a day and a lot of Saturdays as well. I am not telling anyone they can't, I'm just saying they are assholes.
YEp.
We don't do this shit on a daily basis. We don't rape friends with marked upped prices. When I see this douchebag at Walmart or Cabela's with his 2 or 3 minions, I feel like punching them in their douchebag faces.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:38 am

Toddstang wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:^^^ no we don't have all the same opportunity to wait at walmarts until they open, we work. We also don't get to ride around in a company car all day and stop or shop when we feel like it. I work from 8-10 hrs a day and a lot of Saturdays as well. I am not telling anyone they can't, I'm just saying they are assholes.
YEp.
We don't do this shit on a daily basis. We don't rape friends with marked upped prices. When I see this douchebag at Walmart or Cabela's with his 2 or 3 minions, I feel like punching them in their douchebag faces.
This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:55 pm

God forgive me, but I really wish that fat ass would get hit by a bus...

he would come into Cabela's EVERY day, 7 days a week at opening with 3-6 'friends' and they would buy every single box of .22 they put out- then go out in the parking lot or nearby lots and sell it for double- listed it for sale on the forums and Armslist- and would take orders for the next day!

I wouldn't buy .22 at work simply because I had some but now I wish I had bought it when I had the chance. I have a couple boxes left, and if I shoot them, I won't be able to afford to replace them! -I got rid of my AR's because I couldn't afford to shoot them, I never thought I'd be in the same situation with Freaking .22's!

I haven't seen a box of .22 on a shelf in a store (other than working there) for over a year- and it is directly their fault for this!.
Last edited by kokopelli on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:58 am

Looking on Armslist makes me want to throw up! The same couple of sellers are on there with $50 bricks of .22 that cost them ~ $22 retail- they're the ones buying it all up every day so no one else can find it on the shelf at retail! These A-holes are creating the shortage!

"Numerous bricks available" ....yeah- no wonder- you've bought them all!

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:48 am

I know what you mean. I hit the streets this morning trying to find a box but didn't have any luck. Everyone was completely out. :(

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:04 pm

kokopelli wrote:God forgive me, but I really wish that fat ass would get hit by a bus...

he would come into Cabela's EVERY day, 7 days a week at opening with 3-6 'friends' and they would buy every single box of .22 they put out- then go out in the parking lot or nearby lots and sell it for double- listed it for sale on the forums and Armslist- and would take orders for the next day!

I wouldn't buy .22 at work simply because I had some but now I wish I had bought it when I had the chance. I have a couple boxes left, and if I shoot them, I won't be able to afford to replace them! -I got rid of my AR's because I couldn't afford to shoot them, I never thought I'd be in the same situation with Freaking .22's!

I haven't seen a box of .22 on a shelf in a store (other than working there) for over a year- and it is directly their fault for this!.
And he would be on the forums acting all high and mighty bitching about the stores not getting the 22 ammo out when he wanted them to.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

icehouse1

Post by icehouse1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:51 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:I know what you mean. I hit the streets this morning trying to find a box but didn't have any luck. Everyone was completely out. :(

I went this morning as well with 2 of my boys, stupid me.. Yesterday was Christmas, so most of the stores did not get any trucks in last nite! Tomorrow should be a different story.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Coach wrote:
WLJ wrote:
kokopelli wrote:God forgive me, but I really wish that fat ass would get hit by a bus...

And he would be on the forums acting all high and mighty bitching about the stores not getting the 22 ammo out when he wanted them to.

Who is?
Nomad

http://forum.kentuckianafirearms.com/ba ... ville.html
Last edited by Dustin on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:53 pm

icehouse1 wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:I know what you mean. I hit the streets this morning trying to find a box but didn't have any luck. Everyone was completely out. :(

I went this morning as well with 2 of my boys, stupid me.. Yesterday was Christmas, so most of the stores did not get any trucks in last nite! Tomorrow should be a different story.
I have to work tomorrow so I'll be SOL. Good luck to you though.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:54 pm

icehouse1 wrote:

Try Shooters supply. They still have 22 ammo.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Icehouse1, if you strike out on .22 ammo to take your boys shooting, come see me. I'll happily give (as in gratis) you a bulk pack of ammo so the boys can go try out their Christmas present(s). Just shoot me a PM.
Last edited by Wyldman on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Return to “Ammo”