The Original Space Brand All Weather Emergency Blanket

From tools and knives to para-cord bracelets and tactical items,he has you covered.
BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

The Original Space Brand All Weather Emergency Blanket

Post by BIGC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

$18.87 +Tax ($20.00 otd)

shipping 5.99 (will combine shipping with other items if ordering multiple items)

Description

The Space Brand All Weather Blanket is a by-product of the original super insulating materials that were developed by MPI for the NASA/Apollo Space missions.

The All Weather Blanket reflects and retains up to 90% of radiated body heat to help provide warmth, comfort and protection, even in sub-freezing temperatures. The fully bound material measures 60" (152 cm) by 84" (214cm) and weighs just 12 ounces (340 g).

The multi-ply laminated construction along with the reflective metal surface make this the ideal outdoor safety blanket, for personal protection, shelters, ground covers, boating, hiking, sight visibility and it is a radar reflector.

The All Weather Blanket is a four ply laminate of clear polyethylene film, a precise vacuum deposition of pure aluminum, a special reinforcing fabric and a layer of colored polyethylene film. This new Astrolar® reinforcing fabric provides up to 50% more tear and puncture resistance than MPI's previous product. The special four layer construction techniques of the All Weather Blanket and its unique physical properties help to make it a perfect accessory item for all outdoor activities.

Features
Camping - Provides a multitude of uses around any campsite as a moisture resistant ground cover, as an emergency sleeping bag, dining cloth, a survival blanket, rain poncho or as an emergency signal.
Backpacking - The lightweight, compact and durable design makes it easy to fit into any pack, being there as protection if and when needed. An extra measure of personal safety and physical security that makes the trip safer.
Hunting - Offers a large surface area on which to clean your game, provides warmth and protection while sitting or walking and can be very useful as a backdrop cover in any shelter to reflect back heat from a fire.
Fishing - Prevents chills by capturing and reflecting your body heat when you are wet. Will act as a sunshade, as an emergency poncho, as a radar reflective signal and can be used to carry and protect your catch.
Boating - The waterproof material makes it an ideal accessory that can be used as personal protection from the effects of the sun, wind, rain or cold. The material is radar reflective when flown, and will provide needed visual recognition.
Medical - By reflecting and capturing radiated body heat, the blanket will help to prevent post trauma shock resulting from an accident or a natural disaster. Provides a much needed sense of personal security and protection to anyone who has been injured.

Specifications
Lightweight
Compact
Durable
Flexible even in sub-freezing temperatures
Waterproof
Windproof
Grommets in all corners
Easy to clean-wipe of dirt
Fade-resistant color
Full edge binding
Radar reflective material
Weight: 10 ounces
Dimensions: 60 x 84 inches

1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: The Original Space Brand All Weather Emergency Blanket

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 pm

different colors?
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Just the red for right now...

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 pm

BIGC wrote:Just the red for right now...

I'd prefer something not so bright. Let me know if you find one in OD or something. Been looking for these locally and found only the cheapos.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 am

ChopperDoc wrote:

I'd prefer something not so bright. Let me know if you find one in OD or something. Been looking for these locally and found only the cheapos.
Rothco has one thats about the same price called a Casualty blanket that is OD instead of red.

Aluminized blanket. Lightweight. Holds body heat. Reflects and retains body heat. Made in USA. Official military casualty blanket. Casualty blankets is usually used in cases of emergency since hypothermia is a major risk for a casualty, the blanket must be wrapped around the casualty to avoid the heat leak. A must for any camping survival kit. Doubles as a suntan blanket. Ideal for hunters, backpackers, or anyone subjected to adverse outdoor conditions. Olive Drab GI aluminized casualty blanket. Dimensions: 60" x 84".
GSA Compliant.
Made In USA.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 am

BIGC wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:

Rothco has one thats about the same price called a Casualty blanket that is OD instead of red.

Aluminized blanket. Lightweight. Holds body heat. Reflects and retains body heat. Made in USA. Official military casualty blanket. Casualty blankets is usually used in cases of emergency since hypothermia is a major risk for a casualty, the blanket must be wrapped around the casualty to avoid the heat leak. A must for any camping survival kit. Doubles as a suntan blanket. Ideal for hunters, backpackers, or anyone subjected to adverse outdoor conditions. Olive Drab GI aluminized casualty blanket. Dimensions: 60" x 84".
GSA Compliant.
Made In USA.

That be the one I want.

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 am

ChopperDoc wrote:
BIGC wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:

GSA Compliant.
Made In USA.

That be the one I want.
I'm working on a Rothco order as I type this, you want 1 or more?

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 am

BIGC wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:
BIGC wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:

GSA Compliant.
Made In USA.

That be the one I want.
I'm working on a Rothco order as I type this, you want 1 or more?
1 is good for now.

many thanks.

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:51 am

Bump. 2 of the all weather blankets available

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Bump 2 of the red all weather blankets available
1 of the OD space blankets available

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm

2 OD blankets now available...

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:30 am

2 red blankets are gone. Have 2 of the OD casualty blankets.. Have them listed on Ebay for $24.99 w/free shipping. Ebay will add sales tax for state of KY...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140955074600?ss ... 1555.l2649

Jhud
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Jhud » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:54 pm

I have an OD green one in my B.O.B. Good stuff.

Return to “Big Charlies Knife & Tool”