KY. Appleseed dates

For the local ranges, post up here for places to shoot at, matchs, GLIPSIC, IDPA, 3 gun, night matchs, range dates, etc. please stay on topic. Appleseed as well.
Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

KY. Appleseed dates

Post by Mudcat » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 pm

I was asked about dates for our events in KY. so rather than clutter that thread up more I thought I would make a thread here with all the info. The link to the Appleseed site is below we are always adding new dates and events so it is best to view the dates there probably.
If I can answer any question for anyone I would be happy to.

http://appleseedusa.org/search-states.p ... e=Kentucky

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 338 times
Been liked: 92 times

Re: KY. Appleseed dates

Post by Niceguy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks for the info sir... Any chance of there being more Carrolton dates later in the year, late fall or winter?

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mudcat » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 pm

There are usually some fall and Winterseed dates come up but not usually at Carrolton because there is no cover there unless we bring it. When we get into the fall and winter there are more chances for bad weather and it is nice to have a cover of some sort because we shoot rain, snow or shine.
Here is a picture of a Winterseed. 2 full days of this will test your equipment. One of the young ladies rocked a PTR91 for 2 days and 400+ rounds.

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Mudcat wrote: Image
That was the weekend I got my Winterseed patch. Where I met SOL and I think Unbridled was there.
That pic was Sat, it got colder Sun... and that "young" lady w/ the PTR91 was older than me.
I'm still contemplating the Wilmore shoot.

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

KY. Appleseed dates

Post by Mudcat » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:06 pm

I will be at the Wilmore shoot too. Hope to see you there

Sent from my evil black iPhone using Tapatalk

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 am

My fat ass chooses cold and snow over 100+ degrees anyday! haha I'm going to try to make the Oct Knob Creek event. I'll confirm when it gets a little closer. What gun or guns work best in your opinion? Just one gun or is a second option a good idea to bring? What else is a good idea to have other than guns, ammo, eye and ear protection?

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

KY. Appleseed dates

Post by Mudcat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 am

At KCR like most events I recommend a .22 rifle semi auto or bolt, with a removable magazine. Iron sights preferably an aperture type sight like tech sights or a lower powered scope. Sling swivels and a cheap GI web sling like comes on the Garand. A couple extra magazines but a minimum of 2. Water lunch and snacks, chair, shooting mat rug or carpet remnant work well, staple gun,note book, pen, bug spray, safety glasses and ear pro. But most importantly is an open mind and a teachable attitude.
I recommend the .22 because we will shoot right at 500 rounds through the weekend. Center fire ammo gets expensive and you can learn the skills on the .22 for cheap then switch to a center fire on Sunday afternoon. Some people do shoot their AR, M1 and others for the entire time.

Sent from my evil black iPhone using Tapatalk

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:28 am

I greatly appreciate the info and look forward to making one of these.

Unbridled Liberty

Post by Unbridled Liberty » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:58 am

That was an endurance test for sure. The older I get the more I prefer the hot stuff over this...

UL

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by travisccook » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Really can't wait to be able to make one of these. Keeping eyes closely peeled for weekend I'm available!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

Return to “Matches/ Range Dates”