Any experiences with QUICKENLOANS?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Any experiences with QUICKENLOANS?

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:49 pm

Thinking of refinancing the house for lower rate. They seem to give me the best deal. Saw some negative stuff online about them but also saw it online with my current company who I have had no problems with.

Just thought I would ask for personal experiences.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Any experiences with QUICKENLOANS?

Post by Rem700 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:13 pm

They will pester you if you give them any info. That being said I have heard they had great rates and on par closing cost. I also have a buddy that works at lending tree ( if that's what they are still called now). They shop around for rates and cost. Pm me if you want his contact info.

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by iron369 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:38 pm

I called them. Within 5 minutes they wanted $500 to continue the process to give me a preapproval letter. We declined. They put several managers on the phone trying to pressure me into paying the fee. I finally hung up. They called back 4 times a day for the next 3 weeks until I told them I was calling the bbb. Just my experience though. I'm sure others have been happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:07 pm

I refinanced my condo with them in the end of 2012. They are a little bit pushy to get you to agree to work with them (AKA make the sale) but the process was simple and flawless. Since then they have been wonderful. Nice online interface. Easy to get yearly documents. I personally recommend them.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks all especially KYDude, I know they are pushy, that doesn't bother me when it comes down to the bottom line of lowering my rates and costing me less. What they quoted me will save me a bunch of money in the long run. Loan won't require an appraisal, no upfront money on my part, and good rate because I have tons of equity and value in my house. I just hate changing stuff around thats been working for ton of years.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:56 am

Been awhile, but they sold my loan to a place with shitty customer service the 2nd year of the loan. But, i guess you can get that with 99% of the companies out there.

Had no issues with the loan itself.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:13 am

ChopperDoc wrote:Been awhile, but they sold my loan to a place with shitty customer service the 2nd year of the loan. But, i guess you can get that with 99% of the companies out there.

Had no issues with the loan itself.

That's interesting as they told me they don't sell loans. But they are shopping around to get the best type of loan (is what they told me) so that may be where that comes in.

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by ChickenLady » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:14 pm

From an insurance standpoint I hate dealing with them. Incredibly pushy, usually sells the loans quick after closing, and half the time the closing date isn't right.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:52 pm

They told me they used to sell their loans off but in the last two years have stopped and hold all their loans now.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Dave1965 wrote:They told me they used to sell their loans off but in the last two years have stopped and hold all their loans now.
That's comforting. I'm really happy and have no desire to change.

Return to “Everything Else”