Great: Bacon and whiskey. Greatest: Whiskey infused bacon.

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Great: Bacon and whiskey. Greatest: Whiskey infused bacon.

Post by Dustin » Fri May 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Great: Bacon and whiskey. Greatest: Whiskey infused bacon. GREATEST THING OF ALL TIME: Bacon made from pigs fed the grain used to make whiskey

http://wqad.com/2014/05/08/iowa-distill ... e-whiskey/

We use alcohol in meat marinades all the time, but what if your food already had the taste without the wait?

The founders of Templeton Rye Distillery in Templeton, Iowa are trying to do just that by creating pork that tastes like their famous whiskey.

“We have a little motto here. My dad always told me, ‘Nothing good happens after 12 p.m.’ So, it seems like that’s when this idea was probably thought of – after we had a few drinks,” laughs the distillery’s co-founder, Keith Kerkhoff.

He hopes the Templeton Rye Pork Project will be the exception to his dad’s motto.

They’re raising 25 pigs, born in early January 2014, on a farm in Woodward, Iowa, about an hour east of Templeton. Nick Berry, who has a Ph.D. in Animal Science focused on meat and eating quality, looks after the pigs. Berry works in the commercial pig industry for an animal health company, and he’s a friend of the Templeton team.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Great: Bacon and whiskey. Greatest: Whiskey infused baco

Post by travisccook » Fri May 09, 2014 1:51 pm

Drunk pigs make great porkchops?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Fri May 09, 2014 1:55 pm

travisccook wrote:Drunk pigs make great porkchops?
I willing to try them. Better yet can you get drunk of pork chops ?
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri May 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Pigs are fed the leavings from bourbon production down here all the time. It's called "slop". Every night on my way to work I wind up behind a truck heading for Jim Beam to pick up a load.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri May 09, 2014 8:24 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Return to “Everything Else”