So I posted a funny craigslist ad

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

So I posted a funny craigslist ad

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:21 pm

My wifes car. I was in a joking mood when I wrote this ad. I have gotten more responses to this ad than any other serious ad I've ever posted. Check it out, you'll enjoy it.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4438303415.html
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: So I posted a funny craigslist ad

Post by Dustin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Dude if it manual transmission I would buy it. I have to hand it to you for piling on BS like no tomorrow.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Craigslist showed me where you live.....................

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:04 pm

Who said I was BSing?
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:05 pm

son of liberty wrote:Craigslist showed me where you live.....................
Actually it didn't. I only posted my zip code and the google map just gave you the center point of Shelbyville Ky. I panicked the first time I posted an ad that included maps too. Until I zoomed and realized it was nowhere near my house.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Plus, if anyone goes to that specific point that google maps is pointing at...I hope they are carrying. I don't care if it's broad daylight.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Can't you put a transmission in it? My boy would enjoy it and so would I but have no clue on how much it would cost to fix.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Dave1965 wrote:Can't you put a transmission in it? My boy would enjoy it and so would I but have no clue on how much it would cost to fix.
Sure, I could put one in it. I just don't want to spend that money or time. We replaced this car with another already too.

I was quoted for a remanufactured transmission and labor to swap it $1,900
A complete rebuild was $1,600 with labor

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:19 pm

My intention wasn't really to advertise the car here...mostly just to show off my sense of humor. However, if you're a member here and interested, I'd definitely work on that price for you if you PM. It just wasn't my original angle for posting it here. I just wanted to share the laugh.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:49 pm

Haha!! Great ad, also to help bouts sales, you might want to attach a pic of some cleavage. Female preferred.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:Haha!! Great ad, also to help bouts sales, you might want to attach a pic of some cleavage. Female preferred.
I would cleverly work that into the ad but it would definitely get flagged.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:03 pm

but at least I thought about it...

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:10 pm

It helps when a model displays the item for sale.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Will this car make my dick bigger?

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:20 pm

KYgundude wrote:Will this car make my dick bigger?
EXPONENTIALLY!!!

Dicksclosure: all penile enhancement due to ownership of this car, greatly varies based upon owners standard issued equipment.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:04 am

Ad was flagged for removal....boo
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:27 am

craigslist is fail

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:56 am

And my wife reposted it in her words...boring ad now. Blah.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:00 am

Heres a copy of the text from the original ad.

I'm selling the most amazing looking and running, transmission-less Mitsubishi Eclipse that money can buy!!! Read along for a bit of back story on the car.

My wife and I bought this car from a college aged couple that were starting a family and needed a car with more room. They were a pretty good looking couple but as soon as we got the car from them WE got better looking (see also: younger) ourselves. I told you that this car is amazing! We have had the car for several years now (or maybe it's only been a year, I can't remember because like I said, it made us younger and we lost all sense of time).

This ride has been awesome to us. It has made trips to the daycare to pick our kids up in record setting times! The tires have so much tread left on them that they corner like hooker heels!

The car is so shiny it looks wet all the time. Disclosure: this paint job is NOT a viable option for quenching your thirst. So please...roll your tongues up now and no licking the car if you come to view it.

The engine doesn't make any scary noises. As a matter of fact, it's been regularly maintenance at a reputable shop. I don't have anything funny to say about this part. I'm THAT serious now! You can bring your own mechanic if you like.

The interior looks good. Now...if you come look at the car, I must warn you. You are not seeing polar bear hair clinging to the fabric of the seats in some places. No. We own a Great Pyrenees dog and he has made trips to the vet in this ride. If he could talk, he would tell you how fantastic this car performs. You are more than welcome to bring along your very own dog whisperer with your mechanic to verify all my claims!

Now...I know with all this mumbo jumbo about how awesome this car performs and hangs corners, you're thinking to yourself: Has this car been run ragged? Hot rodded? Beat on like lazy sweat shop worker? The answer is NO! This car performed all of these awesome feats I described, without having to be abused to achieve it. Just look at the pictures...it looks fast sitting still! So you can't even imagine what it looks like in a 25mph school zone or 45mph city streets between the historical buildings of Shelbyville! It's JUST THAT AWESOME by itself.

The bad:

The transmission has given up. Thrown in the towel. Waved the white flag. (Enter your own witty remark here to further describe its surrendering of service. That's right. With all of the figurative power that the looks of this car radiates, the transmission just couldn't keep with putting on the show. Just suddenly one day, it decided to stop pulling this car around. The fluid wasn't low nor burnt smelling. No sensors failed. Just a flashing neutral light and a code P0734 "4th not synchronized". This is an internal mechanical failure. This is sad for me to talk about.

BUT!

For $1,500 you could have this fast looking, age defying, amazing car sitting in YOUR driveway turning heads now! I don't need it. The white turbo Volvo that replaced it, is a fine suitor for the Eclipses former position.

OR!

You could spend more money and give it several more years of life and access all of these amazing features I've pointed out! Someone, somewhere, wants this thing. So stop scrolling your mouse and reading all this in disbelief. Text me. Call me. Help me make more room in my driveway for a Volvo. Whichever angle of this ad that sucked you in...just go with that feeling. Take it. You know you want it. 

I'm cutting you a hell of a deal. I was going to ask $999,999 but the wife said at $1,500 it might sell faster.

Return to “Everything Else”