Lotus = Shooters

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Lotus = Shooters

Post by kokopelli » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:35 pm

I went into Lotus today because I was in the area and had some time to kill.
I thought I had gotten sucked into a worm hole and had been transported to Shooters.
I could not believe the prices in there!! Ammo was ridiculous, and their guns were circus-crazy!!

Did I miss something? Is the J-Town air getting thin?
Last edited by kokopelli on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DDgunslinger
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Lotus = Shooters

Post by DDgunslinger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:37 pm

I have not been thrilled with Lotus the last few times I have been in there... they have a great selection of things, but there prices have not been great and the customer service was greatly lacking.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Lots of new faces in there on the sales team.

I will only buy from a couple of the original guys that know me.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Lotus = Shooters

Post by dbh » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:47 pm

I have been in there around six times (with a pocket full of money) and really wanted to buy something. Prices just too high !!

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:23 am

Thats the way I have seen every shop in Louisville.

CESTILL345
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CESTILL345 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 am

AMEN!

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Lotus = Shooters

Post by ssracer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:37 am

Dave1965 wrote:Thats the way I have seen every shop in Louisville.
I haven't been to lotus in a while. You can actually catch a decent deal at shooters every now and then, but it's rare. 111 and Tilfords prices are usually better than the others.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:13 am

I haven't been back to Lotus since the grand opening celebration. I've just never been tempted to lay down the cash for anything they had, IMO, it was all way overpriced.

Don't even get me started about Shooter's Supply, Skip has soured me on that place for good. Even when they do have a reasonable deal, it ain't worth my blood pressure having to put up with him or that oriental kid who knows everything under the sun, and can't be told he's been misinformed. This is a real pisser, too, because they are literally in my back yard.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:38 am

ssracer wrote:
I haven't been to lotus in a while. You can actually catch a decent deal at shooters every now and then, but it's rare. 111 and Tilfords prices are usually better than the others.
I guess I am just spoiled at the deals found in central KY stores.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 63 times

Lotus = Shooters

Post by Marcus » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:39 am

Dave1965 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
I guess I am just spoiled at the deals found in central KY stores.
From what I've seen, yes you are.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

GunningBadger
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GunningBadger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:13 am

I've got no problems with lotus. They've always been good to me. Got a good deal on a kriss super v from them yesterday.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 am

i stopped in to lotus yesterday and prices seemed high. yet their selection was nice. its a very clean store. i'd imagine their prices have a lot to do with the cost they put into the store. i'd imagine they are trying to recoup thier investment fast.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 am

I see 111 has getting closer to shooters prices and higher on some items. Tilfords is still got best prices but a limited selection.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:25 am

Dustin wrote:I see 111 has getting closer to shooters prices and higher on some items. Tilfords is still got best prices but a limited selection.
Yep I noticed that too... last time I was in there.

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by travisccook » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:52 am

111 is about the only place that I've found anything that it wasn't worth my time to drive to Lexington for instead. I'll spend a little more money on a local shop willingly because I appreciate the service and friendship. KAC sponsors get even more leeway, but when I can lower the price by 100's by driving to Lexington i'm going to have to do it. Not that rich yet :P.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:19 pm

What drives me nuts is when you ask for certain items you get..... "We sell a lot of those.". Maybe you should double your order size????

45 LC ammo
.410 shotgun shells
AR15 flash light mount
Black AK 47 Tapco stock
50rd 10/22 drums
Lower parts kits

Just to name a few items that I was looking for locally and then had to order online.

As for guns I bite the bullet and drive to Lexington or Bardstown. :)

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Lotus = Shooters

Post by ssracer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Walmart usually has .45LC ammo

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 pm

[quote="Next"]What drives me nuts is when you ask for certain items you get..... "We sell a lot of those.". Maybe you should double your order size????

45 LC ammo
.410 shotgun shells
AR15 flash light mount
Black AK 47 Tapco stock
50rd 10/22 drums
Lower parts kits

Just to name a few items that I was looking for locally and then had to order online.

As for guns I bite the bullet and drive to Lexington or Bardstown. :)[/quote]

So you where the one wanted .45 LC ammo :llama:
Sorry not all "local shops" are stores

I do not carry
Ammo
Alot of gun parts for retail sales
Guns

One that is money tied up in inventory that is taxed, two I was never interested in selling as a retail store.
I sell a occasional new or used gun but not many.
I think I have used more ammunition in test firing than sold.

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Well if a shop talks about how many Judge pistols you sell maybe you should carry the bullets...... :o

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:47 pm

I have always had good dealings with Lotus, they have always treated me very well. Same for 111.

I haven't seen anything yet in Lexington that warranted me spending the time to drive back and forth to trade time for savings. My spare time is in very short supply these days.

I don't expect every shop to carry everything, and I don't expect every shop to be the lowest on everything. As a business owner, I understand overheads. I just expect fairness. I give respect and expect respect. I can find things cheaper on the internet, and I do often buy that way. But the internet doesn't talk back and give me the good one-on-one service I expect, so I balance my shopping between the ether and the locals, also balancing the convenience of local with the delay of shipping.

Just my two cents.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

SonicBlue02

Post by SonicBlue02 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Dustin wrote:I see 111 has getting closer to shooters prices and higher on some items. Tilfords is still got best prices but a limited selection.

My prices/mark up is the same as its always been since I moved the store from Indiana. I have not ever waviered on those. If its something thats in demand then... yes it could possibly be higher, if its something that I had to pay more for to have it then.... yes it possibly could be higher as well, its part of doing business.

I am a little local shop and I am not in the buying group like alot of other dealers are, so in those cases they are getting better deals than me.

I have much respect for the man/woman who works hard for their money, I am not in this business to make a million dollars,I enjoy getting up for work everyday and playing with guns. I am out to make a living doing something I enjoy.

People ask me all the time how in the hell I remember what they bought from me 2 yrs ago when I ask them about it, my response is always because I care and because you always remember the people who help you pay your bills, not just pad your pockets.

I have respect for all the other shops in the area, we are out to do one thing and that is to provide the community with their firearms needs, if I don't have something and someone needs it nor doesn't want to order it and wait I tell them where to go get it in the area and so will my guys.
Competion is good for business and each of us are our own animal.

I am a business woman and I know I can not always make people happy with what I have to offer or the prices that I have. Its what I am able to do and I try my hardest to respect everyone and offer the best prices I am capable of offering.

BTW Dustin I haven't seen you in awhile, you should stop in sometime and not be such a stranger. :D

Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:09 pm

111 is my local go to shop.
My last 3 NEW guns came from there.
Most my used gun are usely found locally online.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:48 pm

LOL just ask Misty what happens to me when I walk into 111 to pick up a bore snake, or a couple 10/22 magazines. As I recall, those were my two most recent reasons for stopping by, and I did buy them, but something else happened on the way to the cash register.

In the FWIW department, I find 111 prices to be very fair. The 10/22 mags were Ruger factory, and her price was similar to what I found on the interwebz. The gun prices are also in-line with my research as well, especially when I factor in my time to drive anywhere else, or shipping and transfer costs. I believe the total cost of ownership, including my time, must be considered.

One thing to remember on the used ones, if items are on consignment, the store may not have a lot of negotiating latitude on the price.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by KYgundude » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:33 pm

I think Lotus is ridiculous. They promised me a call the minute a Sub 2k came in ( this was months ago ). A few weeks later I checked in with them again ( I had feelers out to all the local stores ). They told me they had 2 last weekend. I asked why they didn't call me as I was on top of the call list. I got a stupid deer in headlights stare. 3 months later they call me to let me know they have them in stock and marked way the hell up for the sucker sales. Screw you!!

Misty at 111 bends over backwards to take care of me. She has my loyalty. Can she beat the price of big online gun retailers who buy 200 of a gun she buys 5 of? Of course not. Would Buds go out of their way and call and badger their distributes to get a gun specifically for me? I highly doubt it.

111 FTMFW!

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:00 pm

My local shop had gotten one of the new Ruger .45s today for 629. My only gripe is he won't keep a list of people to call. Says it is too much trouble?!?! He gets this in just when I am waiting for a money recharge!!!

Return to “Everything Else”