.223 Pistol

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: .223 Pistol

Post by ProCroation » Mon May 26, 2014 10:01 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:Issues already cited aside, building a semi-auto pistol for a round with a chamber pressure almost double that of a 10mm or .44 magnum would prove to be an...interesting...engineering problem.
Yes it is a design that is been done before
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMT_AutoMag_III

AutoMag .44AutoMag used cut down .308 rifle cases.
Desert Eagle is another large/heavey caliber self feeding handgun.

And right ProC , it would have a massive grip diameter.
Yeah I guess I kind of answered my own question when the grip came to mind. I suppose we could end this thread now, or keep it going for any discussion centered around this topic. Case closed. No .223 pistol for me and that's quite alright. I'm excellent with my .40 IMHO. Keep going with what works for me, right? It's the only pistol I've ever been accurate with. Was just thinking about simplifying things a little more.

As is, I only have one pistol because I'm good with it. No need to collect. My Savage .308 is the only rifle I feel I need. I can bag a deer with a single trigger squeeze, every time so far. My AR is just my fun gun but it's a damn straight shooter too. Figured an AK in .223 would just be some more fun.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:23 am

ProCroation wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:Issues already cited aside, building a semi-auto pistol for a round with a chamber pressure almost double that of a 10mm or .44 magnum would prove to be an...interesting...engineering problem.

AutoMag .44AutoMag used cut down .308 rifle cases.
Desert Eagle is another large/heavey caliber self feeding handgun.

And right ProC , it would have a massive grip diameter.
Yeah I guess I kind of answered my own question when the grip came to mind. I suppose we could end this thread now, or keep it going for any discussion centered around this topic. Case closed. No .223 pistol for me and that's quite alright. I'm excellent with my .40 IMHO. Keep going with what works for me, right? It's the only pistol I've ever been accurate with. Was just thinking about simplifying things a little more.

As is, I only have one pistol because I'm good with it. No need to collect. My Savage .308 is the only rifle I feel I need. I can bag a deer with a single trigger squeeze, every time so far. My AR is just my fun gun but it's a damn straight shooter too. Figured an AK in .223 would just be some more fun.

Never have enough guns.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Tue May 27, 2014 8:26 pm

guncrank1 wrote:

SAAMI peak pressure for the .44 AMP is significantly less than that of the .223 Remimgton.

teronjonnz

Post by teronjonnz » Thu May 29, 2014 11:35 am

A .223 rifle modified and cut down to a pistol. This is a one-of-a-kind firearm, obviously made with love and skill.This handgun is one of the best of the small pistols. It does more damage than any other non-energy pistol, and fires .223 FMJ rounds, which have the best DR modifier and second-best AC modifier of any ammunition. The only downside is the low ammunition capacity, a paltry 5 rounds. Even 14mm pistols and .44 revolvers hold more ammunition. Still, with .223 a common caliber and the damage on the .223 pistol being astronomical, it's easily one of the best weapons in the game.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Thu May 29, 2014 11:42 am

teronjonnz wrote:A .223 rifle modified and cut down to a pistol. This is a one-of-a-kind firearm, obviously made with love and skill.This handgun is one of the best of the small pistols. It does more damage than any other non-energy pistol, and fires .223 FMJ rounds, which have the best DR modifier and second-best AC modifier of any ammunition. The only downside is the low ammunition capacity, a paltry 5 rounds. Even 14mm pistols and .44 revolvers hold more ammunition. Still, with .223 a common caliber and the damage on the .223 pistol being astronomical, it's easily one of the best weapons in the game.
Um, what?
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 am

teronjonnz wrote:A .223 rifle modified and cut down to a pistol. This is a one-of-a-kind firearm, obviously made with love and skill.This handgun is one of the best of the small pistols. It does more damage than any other non-energy pistol, and fires .223 FMJ rounds, which have the best DR modifier and second-best AC modifier of any ammunition. The only downside is the low ammunition capacity, a paltry 5 rounds. Even 14mm pistols and .44 revolvers hold more ammunition. Still, with .223 a common caliber and the damage on the .223 pistol being astronomical, it's easily one of the best weapons in the game.

rifle to pistol = SBR
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Thu May 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Attachments
Wat1.jpg
Wat1.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 332 times
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Thu May 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Attachments
Wat2.jpg
Wat2.jpg (66.43 KiB) Viewed 331 times

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Thu May 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Attachments
Wat3.jpg
Wat3.jpg (71.5 KiB) Viewed 331 times

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

SAAMI peak pressure for the .44 AMP is significantly less than that of the .223 Remimgton.
My link was for a .30 carbine which is a rifle round.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu May 29, 2014 6:02 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

30 Carbine - 38,000psi
223 -55,000 psi
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:42 pm

WLJ wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

30 Carbine - 38,000psi
223 -55,000 psi
And you mean that a .223 is too much for a design like a AutoMag?

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu May 29, 2014 8:22 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

30 Carbine - 38,000psi
223 -55,000 psi
I'm no engineer, but I think it would be a problem.

I'm aware of no short-recoil firearms that fire high pressure cartridges without also having a massive barrel assembly.

Without a significant amount of inertia to prevent the action from unlocking early I *believe* (again, not an engineer) the chamber pressure would be too high when the bolt face disengaged from the barrel extension.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu May 29, 2014 8:57 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

30 Carbine - 38,000psi
223 -55,000 psi
Automag 44 AMP - 35,000 psi
AMT Automag II 22mag - 19,000 psi
AMT Automag III 30 Carbine - 38,000 psi
AMT Automag IV 45 Win Mag - 40,000 psi
AMT Automag V 50AE - 36,000
source for the round pressure
http://www.lasc.us/SAAMIMaxPressure.htm

I seriously doubt any of the Automags could handle 55,000 psi safely. Besides the length of the 223 round would necessitate a complete redesign anyway not to mention the grip would require Godzilla hands.
Last edited by WLJ on Thu May 29, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

30 Carbine - 38,000psi
223 -55,000 psi

I'm aware of no short-recoil firearms that fire high pressure cartridges without also having a massive barrel assembly.

Without a significant amount of inertia to prevent the action from unlocking early I *believe* (again, not an engineer) the chamber pressure would be too high when the bolt face disengaged from the barrel extension.
The Desert Eagle and Widley are rotating locked bolt designs, so it is possible to chamber a round but the handle diameter would be impractical.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu May 29, 2014 10:24 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

30 Carbine - 38,000psi
223 -55,000 psi

The Desert Eagle and Widley are rotating locked bolt designs, so it is possible to chamber a round but the handle diameter would be impractical.
With *very* short gas systems.

Neither is designed to hold up to .223 pressures.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:24 am

Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:

30 Carbine - 38,000psi
223 -55,000 psi

With *very* short gas systems.

Neither is designed to hold up to .223 pressures.
Ok , I believe it is possible to use a rotary bolt design or someother design.
But I am not a engineer either.
Last edited by guncrank1 on Fri May 30, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Fri May 30, 2014 8:52 am

wat

Return to “Everything Else”