Apparently our standards are lower then I thought..

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Apparently our standards are lower then I thought..

Post by Ian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:21 am

When the immigrants that are making your coffee every morning can't even put up our nations flag right, our standards have hit rock bottom....
1476586_574302002636954_474056821_n.jpg
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Apparently our standards are lower then I thought..

Post by Rem700 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:26 am

My local McDonald's also.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:31 am

get your red blooded American asses out there and drop the flag and fix it. if I was out there I'd do it
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:00 am

Just think, they were forced to touch that symbol of racism and oppression, and at min wage! The ACLU will be informed of this immediately. Bet they're even being forced to speak English to customers and actually serve them.

BTW: All joking aside, there are groups in America that refer to the flag that way. Wish they would move to their N. Korean paradise.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:34 am

Sad, just sad

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:36 am

Im sure the owner could give a shit less about it. Paying these anti-Americans $6 an hour to serve us shitty food, he is laughing all the way to the bank.

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Probably told to put flag at half mast. So he/she put flag halfway on mast.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

Winner
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Winner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:19 pm

My Mother went to the post office one day any noticed the flag was upside down. She went in and asked if the postmaster was there, didn't tell him but brought him outside and said look. He couldn't believe it and changed it as fast as he could. He apologized over and over and thanked her for telling him and said if anyone complained or the right person would have seen it, he would be fired.

Roman

Post by Roman » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:22 pm

The one that kills me are schools in my area. One has it up all the time correctly, another one down the street it is a crap shoot on if they will have it up at all.
I live my life, you live yours

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
- Thomas Jefferson.

Glock 17
Glock 26
AR-15: PSA 16" no frills.
Remington 870

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Very doubtful an "immigrant" put up the flag. Anyone who works towards becoming an American citizen has nothing but my respect. People who want to come here, work hard, and build a better life for themselves should be able to.

If it isn't clear, I'm obviously talking about legal immigrants. Places like McDonalds would have difficulty hiring illegal immigrants to work directly for the company.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:54 am

Jason wrote: Places like McDonalds would have difficulty hiring illegal immigrants to work directly for the company.
No they would not. Any company will hire anyone who works for less if they can obtain certain ID's ,legally or illegally. The jack ass that builds homes around us uses illegal laborers, but he takes them to Indianapolis to get their ID's so he can claim their labor on his taxes. Illegals know the system better then we do and they can slip past every fucking crack unnoticed, sending their money back south of the border.

Edit: Indiana is one of the states still issuing illegals drivers license's, then its on to the SS office for a temporary SS #.
http://www.wbez.org/news/indiana-rep-in ... ill-104814

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:02 am

Not really. An illegal immigrant working directly (that means not under a contractor) for McDonalds would be exceedingly rare. They wouldn't be able to fill out a valid I-9. If your friend's laborers are truly getting temporary SS #'s then they are probably here on temp. work visas. There are much easier ways to fraudulently hire illegal immigrants than the scenario you describe. At any rate, McDonalds doesn't do that.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:57 am

I can't stand to see the flag improperly displayed or used.
Tomorrow I will go by the local car wash and leave a note to take down their flag until they replace it. I noticed it last week and haven't had time to do it. The flag is HUGE an after that one storm a few weeks ago, I noticed a small tear in it. The guy is usually on the ball and had to replace this flag several times over the years. It is now has several shredded pieces flying off of it. I looked at the price of these and it appears they are in the 500 to 1000 dollar range so I know its not cheap but if you put up that tall of pole, you know what you are getting in for.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 338 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:12 am

Jason wrote:Very doubtful an "immigrant" put up the flag. Anyone who works towards becoming an American citizen has nothing but my respect. People who want to come here, work hard, and build a better life for themselves should be able to.

If it isn't clear, I'm obviously talking about legal immigrants. Places like McDonalds would have difficulty hiring illegal immigrants to work directly for the company.
Your first paragraph I totally agree with. The ones that want to come here legally and be American are hard working and very proud of the US and don't abuse it. I've worked for 2 different landscapers and the two types of immigrants were VERY obvious. I also have an adopted uncle that's Mexican. They work their asses off to make it, and don't abuse our tax $. They work hard at their day jobs, they work hard at night to learn English and become apart of the US. They have a big problem with the ones that come here illegally and solely to abuse the system.

The second paragraph I don't agree with at all. The same two landscapers had no issues at all with hiring illegals and didn't even have their hands smacked when they repeatedly got caught hiring them. They had perfect fake SS cards and drivers license. I've seen a few of them. They looked as real as mine. Also, Walmart has been repeated busted with them. What makes McD's any different?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:51 am

I've known several restaurant owners over the years, most of them had no trouble hiring illegals. In fact they preferred doing so since they could pay them less with less overhead and if they give them any trouble all they had to do was throw them out. Who were they going to complain to? Walk into most Chinese restaurants and I would bet 80%+ of the employes are illegals, I know this for a fact in a few.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:34 pm

niceguyr6 wrote:Also, Walmart has been repeated busted with them. What makes McD's any different?
Walmart was busted for using illegal contract workers on cleaning crews. They weren't a direct employee of Walmart e.g. Cashier, Stocker, etc. When you're directly hired by Walmart you have to fill out an I-9 form to prove your work status. Obviously, like everything else, it isn't foolproof and there are definitely ways for illegal immigrants to fraudulently gain employment but it's pretty uncommon in places like Walmart and McD's because it isn't necessary. It's easy enough to get work at any number of places, which pay more than retail or restaurant work, as an illegal immigrant without having faked documents because every employer doesn't follow the law.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:38 pm

WLJ wrote:I've known several restaurant owners over the years, most of them had no trouble hiring illegals. In fact they preferred doing so since they could pay them less with less overhead and if they give them any trouble all they had to do was throw them out. Who were they going to complain to? Walk into most Chinese restaurants and I would bet 80%+ of the employes are illegals, I know this for a fact in a few.
Totally different than a huge corporation like McDonalds. There is far less, if any, I-9 compliance at local or regional restaurants. It's a pretty flawed system but it's something the big corporations do pay attention to. Ambercrombie & Fitch had to pay $1 million in fines a few years ago due to a violation.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Jason wrote:
WLJ wrote:I've known several restaurant owners over the years, most of them had no trouble hiring illegals. In fact they preferred doing so since they could pay them less with less overhead and if they give them any trouble all they had to do was throw them out. Who were they going to complain to? Walk into most Chinese restaurants and I would bet 80%+ of the employes are illegals, I know this for a fact in a few.
Totally different than a huge corporation like McDonalds. There is far less, if any, I-9 compliance at local or regional restaurants. It's a pretty flawed system but it's something the big corporations do pay attention to. Ambercrombie & Fitch had to pay $1 million in fines a few years ago due to a violation.
And in the same paragraph you give an example of a Corp/chain store(s) doing it and they got caught. A lot goes on in chains that corp may or may not know about. We're talking real world companies here, not something taught in a college classroom.
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Jason wrote:
Are you really serious? Do you even watch the news or check the net for news on this??? Tyson has been busted numerous times for hiring illegals, as well as a few of the large outsourced vendors for Toyota, Ford, and GM here in Kentucky. Anyone can obtain fake SS#'s.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:05 pm

WLJ wrote:
Jason wrote:
And in the same paragraph you give an example of a Corp/chain store(s) doing it and they got caught. A lot goes on in chains that corp may or may not know about. We're talking real world companies here, not something taught in a college classroom.
And in the same paragraph I said it's a flawed system. Of course there are going to be cases where the system breaks down and an employer doesn't verify the I-9 or they just get lucky and don't get audited for years. The OP seemed to be implying McDonald's is a bastion of illegal immigrants. That is 100% false. Read the background on the A&F case and how/why they were busted.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:43 pm

The OP was making a statement. Fiction or not, who cares?

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Jason wrote: The OP seemed to be implying McDonald's is a bastion of illegal immigrants. That is 100% false.
In no way shape or form do I believe McDonald's to be a bastion of illegals, actually I didn't even use the word "Illegals" in my original post. But like previously stated, the immigrants who are actually here to gain their citizenship the right way, take pride in this new country of theirs. When I worked at that location a couple years ago I frequently visited that McDonald's. It was mostly employed by Hispanics, most who didn't speak fluent English. I find it hard to believe that someone with any sort of pride would do something so careless.

I do understand that other races employ McDonald's and any of them could have hung the flag.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 am

This has gone OT, so I'll chime in- we used to lock up illegals with fake everything- drivers license, SS cards, passport, 'green card', etc MOST of them had a job in a large national business- McD's, Wendy's, Wal Mart, etc...we'd charge them for all the forged instrument possessions and alert ICE (Immigration). Sometime in the late 90's agents actually said that "once they got this far North, they don't deport anybody" and to not alert them unless they committed a violent crime. The managers and owners of the restaurants and stores would always play the innocent victim and say 'well, they had id...'

Wal Mart or McD's would hire my dog if I sent him in with an identification of some type.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:44 pm

kokopelli wrote:This has gone OT, so I'll chime in- we used to lock up illegals with fake everything- drivers license, SS cards, passport, 'green card', etc MOST of them had a job in a large national business- McD's, Wendy's, Wal Mart, etc...we'd charge them for all the forged instrument possessions and alert ICE (Immigration). Sometime in the late 90's agents actually said that "once they got this far North, they don't deport anybody" and to not alert them unless they committed a violent crime. The managers and owners of the restaurants and stores would always play the innocent victim and say 'well, they had id...'

Wal Mart or McD's would hire my dog if I sent him in with an identification of some type.
LOL!

Return to “Everything Else”