7.62 Reasons to watch Strike Back (Cinemax Series)

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

7.62 Reasons to watch Strike Back (Cinemax Series)

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:58 am

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscou ... rike-back/

I still think that the character Damien Scott is based off our own KAC member, Robert Paulson. As I mentioned in a post in the PIT, Season 1 was the best one to be free of Hollywood-ism's in the tactics. Season 2 added a few more, and Season 3 had several in each episode, but the character development and teamwork in the shoot 'em ups is still pretty fun.

We shall see how season 4 goes.

-------------------
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscou ... rike-back/

I recently discovered the show Strike Back on Cinemax. I think it’s awesome. I think you should watch it. Here’s why.

1. It Accurately Depicts The Ratio Of Trigger Pullers To Support Personnel

The show follows Michael Stonebridge (former SAS) and Damien Scott (former Delta) as they fight terrorism and celibacy around the globe. With a few exceptions, they’re the only good guy shooters we see. The rest of Section 20, a secretive unit which is part of “British Intelligence,” is composed of people who wear Multicam and stare at computer screens. The ratio of shooters to support people – some of whom we come to know well and some we only see briefly – is about five or eight to one. Compare this to “The Unit,” a show where seemingly everyone was either a steely-eyed killer or their wife, and you’ll see that this show has at least a small bit of realism.

2. Some (Not All) Of The Tactics Used Make Sense

While some of the decisions made by Stonebridge and Scott make me shake my fist at the TV, other things make it pretty clear that they went through some decent training before the show. They communicate really well, for one. Whether they’re moving through a building or one of them needs to reload, they use clear and appropriate terminology for the situation. Also, they do a pretty good job of covering while the other moves. Not that they have much of a choice, because there are only two of them, after all. It also helps that the pair are always teamed up against the most poorly trained soldiers, henchmen, terrorists and militia on the planet.

3. The Ridiculous Parts Of The Plot Are Mostly Forgivable

Section 20 has amazing real-time satellite coverage and communication capabilities. Stonebridge and Scott need only earpieces or microphones the size and shape of dog tags to communicate with their base camp, which might be in another country or on another continent, and they never need a power source for their comm gear. Unless it’s necessary due to a plot point, their satellite coverage (visual and infrared) and comms never fail. I find myself able to forgive this for the most part simply because it’s so ridiculous. If it was just mostly accurate with a few glaring errors, I’d probably have much more to complain about.

4. There Are Lots Of Attractive Women, And Many Of Them Take Their Clothes Off, If You Like That Sort Of Thing

Damien Scott’s primary role in the unit is apparently to convince a lot of women to sleep with him. This unfortunately (or fortunately, if you like that sort of thing) results in his naked butt being prominently displayed in nearly every episode. On the other hand, more screen time is given to a bevy of attractive young women in various states of undress.

5. You Can Make A Fatal Drinking Game Out Of How Often Damien Drops The F-Bomb

That’s … pretty much it, actually. Damien might swear more than he shoots in some episodes. It adds to the hilarity and awesomeness of the show. Rob Curtis and I vowed to count how many times he dropped the F-bomb in every episode, but we kept losing track. (Ed. Note: See reason 4.)

6. There Are Strong Female Figures

Rather than serve only as eye candy, several women play vital roles in the show, including as commander of Section 20. They’re not afraid to get their hands dirty and/or bloody when necessary, and they don’t hesitate to make tough decisions.

7.62. It Has Vz.58s

While there are plenty of silly firearms such as M4s, AKs, MP5s, and so on, there are a good number of Vz.58s used in the show as well. I cringed when I saw one with a Magpul AFG attached, but it’s cool to see nonstandard firearms used in a show like this. You’ll also see oddball stuff like suppressed FALs and G3s. An AI AW makes an appearance, too, though under another name.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Re: 7.62 Reasons to watch Strike Back (Cinemax Series)

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:32 pm

i can niether confirm or deny that i have aided in the character of sgt scott. But We could possibly be brothers. I say fuck more than him. my beard is better.

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:i can niether confirm or deny that i have aided in the character of sgt scott. But We could possibly be brothers. I say fuck more than him. my beard is better.
And hot chicks run when they see you !! :-)

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:35 pm

I will inform my wife you said she is not a hot chick. She may cut your balls off.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:48 pm

I acquired the first 3 seasons of this never heard of it. One episode in pretty good show

its amazing I did this using tapatalk!

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:I will inform my wife you said she is not a hot chick. She may cut your balls off.
Actually your wife is a goddess. What was she thinking !! :-)

Bama

Post by Bama » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:56 am

Actually, "The United States did not initially air the first series, but it is due to start airing on 25 October 2013, it is being aired in the US with the title Strike Back: Origins. "
We have only been able to see Season's 2, 3, and 4.

I grabbed the 10 episodes from season 2 and just started watching them. I really like it.
The above is just some information I gathered while trying to watch the episodes in order.

P.S. you can NEVER go wrong with attractive naked women having sex in each episode.
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:56 am

I watched season one already.. It is a good show. The wife asked what it was about I told her it is operators operating in operational operations hahah.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Return to “Everything Else”