NEED HELP

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
CESTILL345
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

NEED HELP

Post by CESTILL345 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:58 am

Awhile back I bought some MAGPUL 30 round mags. Well the mags fit my DPMS AR15 but when I pushed the mag release to let the mags fall out, the mags would not just fall out like my metal mags would. I have been told the my weapon could be out of spec. Can someone help me out with this? What else can it be. Where I bought the weapon they told me the weapon was in spec and it must have been the mags. HELP !

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Re: NEED HELP

Post by Whootsinator » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:04 am

Honestly, it's probably an out of spec magazine well. It's not unheard of, and I wouldn't trust a gunshop on pretty much anything.

But to be sure, get a hold of someone else's PMAGs (from as many different batches as you can) and see if any drop free. It's possible the mags are out of spec, if they're all from the same batch, and Magpul will replace them if that is the case. If multiple batches of PMAGs don't drop free, it's not the mags.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:06 am

They had some Gen 1 Pmags that wouldn't lock the bolt back when empty but I never heard of a drop free issue.
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:09 am

I would imagain that your mags are the problem not the rifle

CESTILL345
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CESTILL345 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks for the help, I was begining to think my weapon was bad.

CESTILL345
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CESTILL345 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm

/magpul said that they were coming out with mags that fit all ar platforms and not just colts, does anyone know if that is really going to happen or did it already.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Think I heard that these are called E Mags

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:16 pm

EMAGs do fit all magazine wells that will fit STANAG magazines. However, Magpul has announced the next generation of PMAGs that are closer to STANAG dimensions and will fit non-Colt spec magazine wells (HK416, for instance).

Cestill, your weapon may still be out of spec. Don't discount it. Try someone else's PMAGs. If multiple batches of PMAGs don't fit, your magazine well or magazine catch might be out of spec.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

CESTILL345
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CESTILL345 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 pm

can i replace the magazine catch without any problems? the place i bought the ar said it was in spec, that dpms does a great quility control on all their weapons.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Whootsinator wrote:EMAGs do fit all magazine wells that will fit STANAG magazines. However, Magpul has announced the next generation of PMAGs that are closer to STANAG dimensions and will fit non-Colt spec magazine wells .
Try using E/P mags in F/FS2000, they'll go in, if you force them in with enough force, but they're not coming back out without tearing the gun apart. F/FS2000s are dust sealed and the magwell has a tight STANAG only fitting only dust seal in it. It (the dust seal) can be removed but even then E/P mags won't work without modding the mags.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Return to “Everything Else”