Service stars on Iraq campaign medal

All things related to the veterans of our Armed Forces. Thank you for your service!
justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by justang1997 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 am

If I were in 4 phases of the Iraq campaign I would wear 4 bronze service stars on the medal correct?
Pictures usually show phase 5 of the campaign with a silver service star but that would only apply if you were in the first 4 phases also right?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_star#section_3

DDgunslinger

Re: Service stars on Iraq campaign medal

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am

I assume you are correct, granted I never gave two shits about medals/ribbons so I never bother keeping up with them lol My Class A's haven't been touched in years. I think I'm missing 4-6 ribbons, a few service stripes, new rank, and etc hahaha

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 am

Yeah I NEVER wore my class A's after basic and AIT while I was active. Wore them once for a funeral in the national guard so I am the worlds worst on setting up class A uniform.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:20 am

justang1997 wrote:Yeah I NEVER wore my class A's after basic and AIT while I was active. Wore them once for a funeral in the national guard so I am the worlds worst on setting up class A uniform.
I wore them once after basic and that was for the Battalion Ball right after my first deployment... They haven't been touched since and that was back on 2007 I think lol

ben_p

Post by ben_p » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 am

"Can you feel the tension? I can! I can feel it... down in my plums. They're getting a nice bluish hue, gettin' ready to take 'em to the farmer's market." -Ashley Schaeffer

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Buccman37 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:11 pm

yeah you can get your 214 fixed. Hell I have three stars so Im not really sure on what to do if you have more than that.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Same as previous wars I believe, silver campaign star replaced a certain number of bronze to keep the ribbon from becoming overcrowded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_star

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:24 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:I assume you are correct, granted I never gave two shits about medals/ribbons so I never bother keeping up with them lol My Class A's haven't been touched in years. I think I'm missing 4-6 ribbons, a few service stripes, new rank, and etc hahaha
i guess that is a difference from active to reserve, granted im not loaded with ribbons, but i feel i earned my ribbons just as anyone else has

active duty must keep theirs up to date, as not only do we wear them a lot more, but also reflects on us to be considered for promotion

just got my shiny new set of flat ribbons updated today, just in time for a DA photo next monday

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 am

My stuff was always updated.

I think I wore my greens once or twice after I left flight school. I wore my blues a lot though.

Army Officer Guide (my older version) concurs with the Wiki post above.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Return to “Veteran Affairs”