Thank You Vets...........!!!!

All things related to the veterans of our Armed Forces. Thank you for your service!
Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:57 am

Didn't like seeing this section empty so I will start off.

THANK YOU for your Service.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:08 am

Thank you indeed!

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Thank You Vets...........!!!!

Post by JustShootIt » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks isn't enough........but your service is greatly appreciated!
Thanks Dad!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0

Post by Nolan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 am

2/68 ARMOR, VILSECK GERMANY, 1983--SILVER LIONS!!!
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Doug

Post by Doug » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 pm

I spent 4 years in the Navy, I didn't do anything but party and get bored. Thanks to all of you that put your life on the line defending our country! I wish I could have helped more.

Netto
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Netto » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:45 am

Blitzkrieg

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Doug wrote:I spent 4 years in the Navy, I didn't do anything but party and get bored. Thanks to all of you that put your life on the line defending our country! I wish I could have helped more.
Just raising your hand at MEPS and saying you are down for whatever takes lots of courage alone. Being a veteran who has seen combat or has a purple heart from an injury took the same oath as those who never saw action. "Luck" of the draw really. I remember when i was talking my mom into being cool with me joining. I did the delayed entry program. I went and swore in about a week before sept 11 2001 and I remember the recruiter telling my mom not to worry because we hadn't been in a serious war since the gulf in 91. LMAO 3 tours later my mom has aged quite a bit. But it always offends me when people would ask, "did you kill any of 'em" like it qualifies my service more or something.

mtmetzger
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by mtmetzger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:01 pm

I always make it a point to thank everyone I meet who has served so I will do it here as well. Thank you for your services!

Doug

Post by Doug » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:15 am

justang1997 wrote:
Doug wrote:I spent 4 years in the Navy, I didn't do anything but party and get bored. Thanks to all of you that put your life on the line defending our country! I wish I could have helped more.
Just raising your hand at MEPS and saying you are down for whatever takes lots of courage alone. Being a veteran who has seen combat or has a purple heart from an injury took the same oath as those who never saw action. "Luck" of the draw really. I remember when i was talking my mom into being cool with me joining. I did the delayed entry program. I went and swore in about a week before sept 11 2001 and I remember the recruiter telling my mom not to worry because we hadn't been in a serious war since the gulf in 91. LMAO 3 tours later my mom has aged quite a bit. But it always offends me when people would ask, "did you kill any of 'em" like it qualifies my service more or something.
That's what my wife says, but I sometimes think I didn't do enough. I wasted most of my adult life and wish I could have something better to show for it. I sometimes think I really didn't do my part. I honestly can't say I made a difference.

But that deters from this thread, sorry.
Again for all of the VET'S... THANK YOU!

Return to “Veteran Affairs”