Vets face confusion using GI Bill at state schools

All things related to the veterans of our Armed Forces. Thank you for your service!
Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Vets face confusion using GI Bill at state schools

Post by Nolan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:15 am

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Vets face confusion using GI Bill at state schools

Post by scorpionmain » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:41 am

It shouldn't be this complicated but the red tape & the amount of bureaucracy BS just to get your school paid is astounding. A lot of people will just give up.
I couldn't tell you how many hours I spent chasing paper & signatures to jump through these hoops just to pay my school. Glad, I finally got my Bachelor Degree over with but I did end up having to pay some out of my own pocket.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 am

I did my Bachelors degree as soon as I retired back in 1996 and went to school on Ft Riley--was lucky and had no issues

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 pm

scorpionmain wrote:It shouldn't be this complicated but the red tape & the amount of bureaucracy BS just to get your school paid is astounding. A lot of people will just give up.
I couldn't tell you how many hours I spent chasing paper & signatures to jump through these hoops just to pay my school. Glad, I finally got my Bachelor Degree over with but I did end up having to pay some out of my own pocket.
This, every quarter I have attended College has been a nonstop battle... For funds to go when and where they are suppose to... It is fu@king ridiculous.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:58 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:
scorpionmain wrote:It shouldn't be this complicated but the red tape & the amount of bureaucracy BS just to get your school paid is astounding. A lot of people will just give up.
This, every quarter I have attended College has been a nonstop battle... For funds to go when and where they are suppose to... It is fu@king ridiculous.
I really hate hearing veterans having problems going to school and dealing with a bunch of BS red tape--I know all the non-american, non-veteran, non tax paying personnel going to Purdue do not have any problems getting there all expense paid tuition/room/board vacation at West Lafayette. Same as VA hospital though--get treated like second class citizen

Return to “Veteran Affairs”