Proposed (Ky) gun law bill seeks tax exemption for guns

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Proposed (Ky) gun law bill seeks tax exemption for guns

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Proposed gun law bill seeks tax exemption for guns
http://www.whas11.com/news/Proposed-gun ... 97501.html
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Proposed (Ky) gun law bill seeks tax exemption for guns

Post by kokopelli » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:32 pm

cool- but I'd rather have the 'made in Ky, stays in Ky' law- ie...SBR's, Suppressors, Full Auto, etc...

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 pm

kokopelli wrote:cool- but I'd rather have the 'made in Ky, stays in Ky' law- ie...SBR's, Suppressors, Full Auto, etc...
THIS!

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:58 pm

I can't say I really see the point in this bill, but what the hell

Of course I have seen comments on stories about this that say "there should be more tax on guns for all the victims of gun violence"

I always reply with "then there should be more tax on cars for victims of drunk driving"

Jason
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Jason » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:59 pm

kokopelli wrote:cool- but I'd rather have the 'made in Ky, stays in Ky' law- ie...SBR's, Suppressors, Full Auto, etc...
That would be badass

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:16 pm

I don't mind paying tax. I do kind feeding drug dealers who watch Maury all day and then drive to the grocery in their escalades to get $300 worth of food On my dime while I am buying generic brand cereal. Basically I don't mind paying my share but I do mind paying others shares.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:54 pm

jackalo626 wrote:I don't mind paying tax. I do kind feeding drug dealers who watch Maury all day and then drive to the grocery in their escalades to get $300 worth of food On my dime while I am buying generic brand cereal. Basically I don't mind paying my share but I do mind paying others shares.
Agreed.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:24 am

ssracer wrote:I can't say I really see the point in this bill, but what the hell

Of course I have seen comments on stories about this that say "there should be more tax on guns for all the victims of gun violence"

I always reply with "then there should be more tax on cars for victims of drunk driving"
The point of a bill like this is to get public support for what seems to be a good idea, and then load it down with amendments and riders that get masked in the shuffle, passed by acclamation, and then pop up to bite us in the ass, once passed. I find it curious that this would be proposed with a 4 year sunset clause, knowing that the pork and venomous traps attached to it would not be subject to that same sunset.

Why is it that they never apply these sunset clauses to new taxes, yet offer us a break from a tax, and then want to take it back a short time later? I'd be very leery of anything our state lawmakers offer us like this, as it could, and most likely would, prove quite harmful in the end.

The State Dept. Of Dirty Tricks never sleeps, and remember that most of our lawmakers in Frankfort are demonrats. Anyone remember the smoke and mirrors from the lottery passing? How much of that money ever made it into the education coffers, as it was originally supposed to? ZERO.
Last edited by Wyldman on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:43 am

There is no "share" we should have to pay. I am sick and tired of taxes for no reason. I have Ben using e-cigs for 6 months now and many millions of other people have started also which has put a huge cut into the tax income of tobacco sales. What do you know now they are demonizing e -cigarettes and trying to regulate and tax the shot out of them to re-coup the loss.

The way e -cigarettes and guns are treated is extremely similar in a scary way.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:23 am

Wyldman wrote:
ssracer wrote:I can't say I really see the point in this bill, but what the hell

The point of a bill like this is to get public support for what seems to be a good idea, and then load it down with amendments and riders that get masked in the shuffle, passed by acclamation, and then pop up to bite us in the ass, once passed. I find it curious that this would be proposed with a 4 year sunset clause, knowing that the pork and venomous traps attached to it would not be subject to that same sunset.

Why is it that they never apply these sunset clauses to new taxes, yet offer us a break from a tax, and then want to take it back a short time later? I'd be very leery of anything our state lawmakers offer us like this, as it could, and most likely would, prove quite harmful in the end.

The State Dept. Of Dirty Tricks never sleeps, and remember that most of our lawmakers in Frankfort are demonrats. Anyone remember the smoke and mirrors from the lottery passing? How much of that money ever made it into the education coffers, as it was originally supposed to? ZERO.
THIS ^^^^

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:29 am

This+100

Hey Koo-puff make a machine gun right after it passes, that way you can be the first test case :llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:05 pm

etownguy wrote:There is no "share" we should have to pay. I am sick and tired of taxes for no reason. I have Ben using e-cigs for 6 months now and many millions of other people have started also which has put a huge cut into the tax income of tobacco sales. What do you know now they are demonizing e -cigarettes and trying to regulate and tax the shot out of them to re-coup the loss.

The way e -cigarettes and guns are treated is extremely similar in a scary way.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
I have a hand in those coming into the country by way of container. As protected as they are (imports and tailgate containers) you would think they don't get compromised but I promise you they are very much targetable by the people you named and the criminal organizations in town who act like they are stacks of money.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”