Another school shooting.

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Another school shooting.

Post by WLJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:14 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/02/1- ... al-school/
5 dead, suspect in custody in classroom shooting at Oikos University in California
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Another school shooting.

Post by WLJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:16 pm

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law ... ssr/nMHdf/
Six dead, three wounded in Oakland university shooting
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Mudcat » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Cannot be there are no guns allowed on campus property.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:44 pm

but legal gun owners cant carry on campus...its insane to think an illegal gun owner would do such a thing.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by scorpionmain » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Heck, I didn't think Cali allowed guns in their state.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm

WTF!!! They have gun laws don't they?!

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 pm

kokopelli wrote:WTF!!! They have gun laws don't they?!
I guess not enough, we should add more to prevent this sort of thing! :llama:

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Was it an AK47 or a Glock?

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I heard it was an AR-47 assault pistol with a high capacity CLIP!!!!

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Btw condolences to the families. It is sad that they must go through this. I feel very bad for them and my jokes are only because we all know what this will lead to....and it ain't allowing legal gun owners the right to carry on campus

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:06 am

Says they still haven't found the gun.

http://www.wave3.com/story/17313515/gun ... tion-style
Gunman lined up, shot students execution-style

OAKLAND, CA (RNN) - The man arrested for killing seven people at a Christian university lined his victims up against a wall before shooting.

"This was a calculated, cold-blooded execution in the classroom," Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan told CNN.

Jordan said that the shooter, One Goh, 43, wanted to get back at the administration of Oikos University and "felt the urge to inflict pain" on the students as a form of revenge for being kicked out of school.

Five of the victims died on the scene, two later died at an area hospital. The remaining victims were described as having non-life threatening injuries.

According to Jordan, Goh entered the building, took a secretary hostage while looking for a particular female administrator before entering the classroom where he lined the students up against the wall execution-style.

"Once he realized (the administrator) wasn't there, he first then shot the secretary, and then the others," Jordan said.

Jordan would not comment further on if who the administrator is or if she was in the school at the time of the shooting.

"The victims didn't have a chance to stop it," Jordan said. The police believe the victims were chosen at random.

Jordan said the shooter left the classroom and returned when he realized there were other students hiding in the classroom, and that Goh had the opportunity to reload his semi-automatic weapon.

"He then went on what we call a shooting rampage," Jordan said.

The police haven't located the weapon Goh used as of yet, but have enough ballistic evidence to know that it was a semiautomatic weapon.

The first call came into 911 at 10:33 a.m., about the same time a police officer was flagged down around the corner from the school. Around 35 students were said to be in and around the building at the time.

About 100 students attend the school located in an industrial park near the Oakland airport. The school also caters to Korean students.

Goh casually walked out of the school after the rampage and left in one of the victim's vehicle.

Police said Goh fled was later picked up by police at a Safeway store in Alameda, CA, five miles away from the school. KGO-TV reported that a security guard approached Goh because he was acting suspiciously, and that he told the guard he shot people and needed to talk to police.

Goh is a South Korean national from Hayes, Virginia who was said to be experiencing money problems when he was dismissed from school. He was evicted from his apartment in Virginia, owing $1,300 in back rent, according to KGO-TV, and has outstanding tax debt to the IRS.

CNN also reports that Goh lost his mother and brother within the past year; his brother in a car accident.

The reason for Goh's dismissal from school has not been released.

Oakland Major Jean Quan said the day's events "will leave the community asking questions for a long time."

"This is the kind of situation where we need to pull together and support the Korean community, where most of the victims appear to be from," Quan said.

Quan said a local Korean Methodist church would be holding a memorial service on Tuesday.

Copyright 2012 Raycom News Network. All rights reserved.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:13 am

so he lined them up first? Why in the fuck did they not go apeshit on the guy and beat the ever loving fuck out of him??? Hey I"m a sheep, I am going to line up for a guy with a gun so he can shoot me in the back.. TO HELL WITH THAT! Pen, pencil, pocket knife, stapler WHAT THE FUCK ever can be used as a weapon, desk, chair leg I am going down fighting not lined against a wall............
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 am

BIGC wrote:so he lined them up first? Why in the fuck did they not go apeshit on the guy and beat the ever loving fuck out of him??? Hey I"m a sheep, I am going to line up for a guy with a gun so he can shoot me in the back.. TO HELL WITH THAT! Pen, pencil, pocket knife, stapler WHAT THE FUCK ever can be used as a weapon, desk, chair leg I am going down fighting not lined against a wall............
agreed.....he says line against the wall....i say f u and at least go down fighting!

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Another school shooting.

Post by ssracer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:26 am

I've never understood that mentality. Granted, I've never been in that situation so I can't say for sure how I would react, but if you have a group of people and one person with a gun at close range, you can either all give up and die or fight and maybe some or all of you live

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:29 am

Didn't you get the memo, you're suppose to do everything the criminal (sorry I mean misunderstood, suppressed, underpaid individual who's oppressed for not getting free healthcare, free education, free housing, free food, free birth control (ie 99%er) all because of mean spirited unfair racist conservatives/radical tea partiers ) wants you to do so he won't hurt you. Because deep down inside he's really a nice person and if you do anything to defend yourself you'll be violating his rights and will be subject to arrest for a hate crime and/or murder.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:45 am

ssracer wrote:I've never understood that mentality. Granted, I've never been in that situation so I can't say for sure how I would react, but if you have a group of people and one person with a gun at close range, you can either all give up and die or fight and maybe some or all of you live
I have been in the situation of having the barrel of a gun stuck in my face with the guy threating to "blow my head off".. Let's just say I am still alive and he didnt get a chance to keep good on his threat....
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:47 am

BIGC wrote:
ssracer wrote:I've never understood that mentality. Granted, I've never been in that situation so I can't say for sure how I would react, but if you have a group of people and one person with a gun at close range, you can either all give up and die or fight and maybe some or all of you live
I have been in the situation of having the barrel of a gun stuck in my face with the guy threating to "blow my head off".. Let's just say I am still alive and he didnt get a chance to keep good on his threat....
sounds like someone got an ass whoopin that they deserved.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Pictures of the victims
All young women.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ead_module

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Another school shooting.

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Douchebag. That doesn't convey the lowest of low but it just on the tip of my tongue.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”