Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by WLJ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Maybe next time they want to open a place called Bartertown they should hire these guys

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:42 am

Gunsmokin wrote:Hahahahahahahaha haha hahahahahaha ha!
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:42 am

rustynuts wrote:What a fucked up world we live in....
Yep

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:57 pm

I guess next time come up with a better excuse. :roll:
The surviving members of the Brazilian soccer team that lost most of its players when its plane crashed in Colombia have been fined $30,000 for missing their final match of the season, according to a report.
Soccer plane crash survivors fined $30K for missing match
http://nypost.com/2016/12/12/soccer-pla ... ing-match/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:04 pm

A truly special snowflake at Loyola University in New Orleans saw a fellow classmate in a full police uniform and became “uncomfortable” at the sight of the officer’s sidearm. That’s right: the sight of Josh Collins, a sheriff’s sergeant in uniform with his sidearm, caused a delicate little flower to complain to the professor. What did the professor of the Law and Morality class do? He called the police!
Call the Police! There’s a Cop in my Classroom!
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/1 ... classroom/

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:23 pm

WLJ wrote:
A truly special snowflake at Loyola University in New Orleans saw a fellow classmate in a full police uniform and became “uncomfortable” at the sight of the officer’s sidearm. That’s right: the sight of Josh Collins, a sheriff’s sergeant in uniform with his sidearm, caused a delicate little flower to complain to the professor. What did the professor of the Law and Morality class do? He called the police!
Call the Police! There’s a Cop in my Classroom!
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/1 ... classroom/

Saw that earlier on USATOday.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 166 times

Post by nemo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Loyola University has alway been a weirdo haven since I can remember. Founded by the Jesuit order but morphed into a very liberal arts centered collage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:05 pm

City offering workers therapy to cope with Trump-induced stress
http://nypost.com/2016/12/12/city-offer ... ed-stress/
New York City is offering its municipal workforce counseling services and other support for dealing with election-year stress brought on by Donald Trump’s election.

In a Dec. 1 email, the de Blasio administration pointed to mental health resources that are available to workers who are “feeling distressed or vulnerable following the election results.”

“We have seen the concerns expressed on social media and we are monitoring them closely,” the emails reads.

The half-dozen agencies involved include the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs, the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and the Department of Education, as well as Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policies Richard Buery, who is overseeing the city’s mental health initiative known as Thrive NYC.

Since the election, Mayor de Blasio has been reassuring New Yorkers that his administration will work to protect them from potentially harmful polices that have been proposed by Trump over the past year — particularly on immigration.

Asked about the email, City Hall press secretary Eric Phillips said it was a show of care for employees’ well-being.

“The post-election period has been anxiety-producing for many people, understandably,” he said. “When you throw the holidays into that, it can be a very difficult time for those coping with mental health challenges.”

Nearly 80 percent of city votes cast in the 2016 presidential election went to former Secretary of State and former New York Senator Hillary Clinton.

Trump got less than 20 percent of the votes and lost to Clinton in every borough except Staten Island.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 pm

WLJ wrote:Image

City offering workers therapy to cope with Trump-induced stress
http://nypost.com/2016/12/12/city-offer ... ed-stress/
New York City is offering its municipal workforce counseling services and other support for dealing with election-year stress brought on by Donald Trump’s election.

In a Dec. 1 email, the de Blasio administration pointed to mental health resources that are available to workers who are “feeling distressed or vulnerable following the election results.”

“We have seen the concerns expressed on social media and we are monitoring them closely,” the emails reads.

The half-dozen agencies involved include the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs, the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and the Department of Education, as well as Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policies Richard Buery, who is overseeing the city’s mental health initiative known as Thrive NYC.

Since the election, Mayor de Blasio has been reassuring New Yorkers that his administration will work to protect them from potentially harmful polices that have been proposed by Trump over the past year — particularly on immigration.

Asked about the email, City Hall press secretary Eric Phillips said it was a show of care for employees’ well-being.

“The post-election period has been anxiety-producing for many people, understandably,” he said. “When you throw the holidays into that, it can be a very difficult time for those coping with mental health challenges.

Nearly 80 percent of city votes cast in the 2016 presidential election went to former Secretary of State and former New York Senator Hillary Clinton.

Trump got less than 20 percent of the votes and lost to Clinton in every borough except Staten Island.

Well at least De Blasio addmitted the city employees have mental health problems lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Wait a minute. Weren't we suppose to use the word holiday instead of Christmas so as to not offend anybody not Christian but now the word holiday is offensive too?
Check please
Don’t call your holiday party a holiday party.

That’s the recommendation from Texas Woman’s University – posting a series of tips on how to make December office parties ‘all-inclusive’ and ‘multicultural.’

“Not all faith traditions have holidays in December, and not everyone identifies with a particular faith tradition,” TWU writer Anna Ryan wrote in “A Festivus for the Rest of Us: Tips to plan an all-inclusive multicultural holiday party at the office.”

That means dropping the word “holiday” for starters, said Dr. Mark Kessler, a professor of multicultural women’s and gender studies – and the university’s expert on party planning.

“’Holiday’ connotes religious tradition and may not apply to all employees,” Kessler told the news service. As an alternative he recommended calling your December gathering an “end of the semester party.”
Texas university takes the 'holiday' out of parties in December
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/ ... rties.html

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:22 pm

WLJ wrote:Wait a minute. Weren't we suppose to use the word holiday instead of Christmas so as to not offend anybody not Christian but now the word holiday is offensive too?
Check please
Don’t call your holiday party a holiday party.

That’s the recommendation from Texas Woman’s University – posting a series of tips on how to make December office parties ‘all-inclusive’ and ‘multicultural.’

“Not all faith traditions have holidays in December, and not everyone identifies with a particular faith tradition,” TWU writer Anna Ryan wrote in “A Festivus for the Rest of Us: Tips to plan an all-inclusive multicultural holiday party at the office.”

That means dropping the word “holiday” for starters, said Dr. Mark Kessler, a professor of multicultural women’s and gender studies – and the university’s expert on party planning.

“’Holiday’ connotes religious tradition and may not apply to all employees,” Kessler told the news service. As an alternative he recommended calling your December gathering an “end of the semester party.”
Texas university takes the 'holiday' out of parties in December
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/ ... rties.html
Fuck you.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:18 pm

If it offends them, they don't have to attend. Simple. Fuck all this bullshit.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:13 pm

But they'll gladly take the day off.

My book has two choices. Call it Christmas or forfeit your PTO
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:37 pm

And I bet they gladly take home the "holiday pay".

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:12 am

rustynuts wrote:And I bet they gladly take home the "holiday pay".
That's entitlement pay

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:47 am

Education is in the toilet

UC Berkeley to Offer Class on Bathroom Politics
http://heatst.com/politics/berkeley-bathoom/
Bathroom politics swept the nation in 2016, thanks to the North Carolina legislature and its controversial HB-2 bill, which mandated individuals use public restrooms that correspond to the genders on their birth certificates.

The bathroom debate is likely to continue in the coming year. Students at the University of California-Berkeley, for example, will soon be able to enroll in a course examining “public restrooms and the politics of needing to go.”

The course, which is being offered by the university’s department of theater, dance, and performance studies, will force students to confront the public restroom as a “charged social site,” and consider compelling bathroom-related questions, including:

Who has access to it? Who cleans it? How have public restrooms segregated people into strict categories of gender, race, class and ability? What does it mean for a public space to be designed for private activities? Who are we socially when our bodies need to go?

Students will augment their study by reading “academic texts in the fields of performance studies, queer and transgender studies, disability studies, critical race studies, homelessness, civil engineering, and design, as well as works of dramatic literature.”

Other courses offered by the theater department in spring 2017 include:

Undocumented Subjects: Performance and Immigration in/outside the US
Students will consider “literary and visual materials representing violence, death, and sex.”
What a Body Can Do
Invites students to “consider how we choreograph our humanity and explore the physical qualities of our contemporary moment.”
Performance Workshop: Performing the 1960s
Offers students a “better grasp [of] that profound, complex and influential decade,” and its influence on current movement such as Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives Matter.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 am

rustynuts wrote:If it offends them, they don't have to attend. Simple. Fuck all this bullshit.
If it offends them......they wouldn't have been invited in the first place because by now we should all know who the whiny snow flakes are and we should shun them.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:43 am

Vanity Fair has studied the election carefully, and concluded that Donald Trump won because angry American white men fell in love with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In fact, Vanity Fair‘s Peter Savodnik concludes in “Why Angry White America Fell for Putin,” voting for Trump was a way for American men to express racial pride, and a preference for “submissive” women from the former Communist countries.
Vanity Fair: Angry White Trump Voters Wanted ‘Submissive’ Russian Women
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... tin-crush/

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 am

WLJ wrote:Image
Vanity Fair has studied the election carefully, and concluded that Donald Trump won because angry American white men fell in love with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In fact, Vanity Fair‘s Peter Savodnik concludes in “Why Angry White America Fell for Putin,” voting for Trump was a way for American men to express racial pride, and a preference for “submissive” women from the former Communist countries.
Vanity Fair: Angry White Trump Voters Wanted ‘Submissive’ Russian Women
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... tin-crush/

But but but what about all the white women, black men, black women, latino men, latino women, asian men and women, legal immigrant men and women who voted for trump?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:05 am

What use to be satire is now real life

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/15/stude ... ion-world/
Student Launches ‘Safewalk’ Program Due To Perceived Danger Of Post-Trump Election World
Photo of Alex Pfeiffer
Alex Pfeiffer

WASHINGTON — America just elected a dictator and “differently abled” individuals might get beat up at night, according to American University student Ray Scheinman.

Two days after Trump’s election Scheinman launched “Safewalk,” which is a “way for students to connect with other students, for late night walks from the library, going home and around Tenleytown, navigating DC, etc.” A 2012 SafeWalk group created after reported incidents of groping near AU’s campus was the inspiration for Scheinman’s group.

“The world we’re living in is getting more dangerous, a xenophobic misogynist dictator was just elected to our nation’s highest office, making the world more dangerous for POC, LGBTQ+ individuals, Muslims, the differently abled, women, the undocumented, etc,” Scheinman wrote in a post in a private Facebook page for the group.

She added that, “American University has shown that it will not take the full course of action required when students make others unsafe on campus,” so the AU community will have to “take matters into our own hands.”

Several American University students, alumni, and employees then posted on the group the times they are able to help escort people. One AU employee made sure to point out to people that he “uses he/him pronouns.” There are just over 200 members in the private Facebook group for Safewalk.

Students at the Washington university have held multiple protests in the wake of Trump’s election. They burned a flag at one protest and at another demanded the resignation of trustee Gary Cohn for meeting with President-elect Donald Trump. Cohn has since been named the head of Trump’s economic council.

Several American University students told The Daily Caller that they thought Scheinman’s post was ridiculous.

One student in the Safewalk group made a sarcastic post making fun of the service. “Ive began to thank Moses for this group. As a Jew who voted for Hillary, I just don’t safe anymore. Especially considering that 93% of the District of Columbia voted for her too. I’ll just never know when one of the almost 10,000 trump voters in this whole city might be within a 100 meter radius of myself, which actually terrifies me to my inner core. Thanks guys.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/15/stude ... z4SvInHWO5

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:09 am

If only those precious snowflakes had a way of protecting themselves on campus...too bad for them that guns are such scary evil things...

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:29 pm

ssracer wrote:If only those precious snowflakes had a way of protecting themselves on campus...too bad for them that guns are such scary evil things...

They called the cops cause a cop had his gun on him in class. I cant even.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Rem700 wrote:
ssracer wrote:If only those precious snowflakes had a way of protecting themselves on campus...too bad for them that guns are such scary evil things...

They called the cops cause a cop had his gun on him in class. I cant even.
i just want to hear the audio recording from that phone call.
"Hello? Police? I need to report that there is a man with a gun in my classroom. Describe him? He's white and wearing a police uniform. No he's. it threatening anyone, he's just taking the class. Hello? Hello? Did you hang up?"

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:22 am

You mean after 8 years of you and your husband's "Hope" and "Change" we don't have hope? Wow wonder how that happened? Must be the Russians again. Yeah, that must be it.
“We feel the difference now. See, now, we’re feeling what not having hope feels like, you know,” the first lady said on “CBS This Morning" on Friday.

"What do you give your kids if you can’t give them hope?” she added.
Michelle Obama Says We Have No 'Hope' Right Now
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobr ... w-n2260703

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Well I guess we some more emoji since all of ours are currently Asian.
Except for the one green Martian of course.

People are mad at actress Ellen Pompeo because she used ‘black emojis’
http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/12/2 ... ck-emojis/

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”