Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Kavanaugh chooses his words very carefully, and this is a dog whistle for going after birth control. He was nominated for the purpose of taking away a woman’s constitutionally protected right to make her own health care decisions. Make no mistake - this is about punishing women. pic.twitter.com/zkBjXzIvQI
— Kamala Harris (@SenKamalaHarris) September 7, 2018
Got that?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Hmm, Make you wonder what type of customers she has if police make them soooo uncomfortable.
A food truck owner in Detroit, Michigan says she won’t serve police officers or other law enforcement officials because she, along with the “majority” of her customers, “do not feel safe around law enforcement agents.”

The owner of Rocky’s Road Brew, Rocky Coronado, wrote on Facebook Friday that she is “well within [her] rights to refuse service to law enforcement agents,” such as Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security, and local police officers.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/09/de ... icers.html
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Nike doesn’t need older Republicans, conservatives, or Trump supporters to buy their products if the company has the eye of younger, nonwhite Americans living in urban areas with cash to spend. https://t.co/U2dkWcxhCd

— Vox (@voxdotcom) September 10, 2018
The responses to this are gold
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/09/ ... upporters/

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:57 pm

WLJ wrote:

Nike doesn’t need older Republicans, conservatives, or Trump supporters to buy their products if the company has the eye of younger, nonwhite Americans living in urban areas with cash to spend. https://t.co/U2dkWcxhCd

— Vox (@voxdotcom) September 10, 2018
The responses to this are gold
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/09/ ... upporters/

So Nike is aiming to keep making its money off of 12%ish of the population? nah.... they'll eventually realize their fuckup...
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Has jack burned all his Jordan’s yet? :llama:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:21 pm

ssracer wrote:Has jack burned all his Jordan’s yet? :llama:

Not that I could see from my house...haha

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:29 pm

He probably went out and stocked up on some more.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:46 pm

I wasn't going there

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Mine are pre-dipshit. I been wearing NB and Adidas pretty much for past few years anyways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:11 pm

jackalo626 wrote:

Mine are pre-dipshit. I been wearing NB and Adidas pretty much for past few years anyways.

Heard UofL likes Adidas too :lol:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:14 pm

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:39 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Not sure, I don't follow sports. There's more politics and drama in it than real politics.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:48 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Not sure, I don't follow sports. There's more politics and drama in it than real politics.

Guess you didn't catch the Adidas scandal at UofL. It's one of the things that got the NCAA down on them

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:12 pm

Nice depressing story from the NYT

Americans Want to Believe Jobs Are the Solution to Poverty. They’re Not.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/11/maga ... eless.html

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Guess you didn't catch the Adidas scandal at UofL. It's one of the things that got the NCAA down on them
What did Adidas do wrong?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:25 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

'More than just a 'sideline' contract': Louisville's Adidas deal goes beyond sports and scandal
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 928088001/

How a midlevel school became The University of Adidas at Louisville
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id ... ges-excess

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:30 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

'More than just a 'sideline' contract': Louisville's Adidas deal goes beyond sports and scandal

Shorten it up, i got tired of reading that shit before I asked

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Long story short
Bribes, Jurich's daughter get a big cushy job with Adidas, more bribes, huge eye brow raising contract gets signed by UofL, athletes are involved, millions are missing. All still under investigation by the FBI and they won't say more.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:47 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Long story short
Bribes, Jurich's daughter get a big cushy job with Adidas, more bribes, huge eye brow raising contract gets signed by UofL, athletes are involved, millions are missing. All still under investigation by the FBI and they won't say more.
Yeah that doesn't explain shit to me about Adidas doing wrong. What I keep seeing is UofL did shit with the money that they earned that people didn't like and all Adidas did was pay a school (like always) to wear their gear 100% legal and expected.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:53 pm

It's quite convoluted but apparently money was passing hands in a way that involved Adidas that violated NCAA rules.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 am

Michael Moore doesn't like it when someone makes a biggest fool of themselves than he does.
Left-wing activist David Hogg made a fool out of himself in Canada late last week while joining leftist Michael Moore for the premiere of his anti-Trump propaganda film "Fahrenheit 11/9."

Appearing on stage with Moore at the Toronto International Film Festival, Hogg spoke to the Canadian crowd about saving America and turning their "shame" into "votes."

"I have a question for you guys: Who's ready to save America? Who's ready to make America the country we say it is on paper and make it the actual country that it wants to be?," Hogg asked the Canadian crowd. "I think the most important thing to realize, however, is the problems we face as a country, whether it be water in Flint, Michigan or the amount of mass incarceration of people of color that can't vote."

Hogg continued by suggesting that Canadians can donate money to political campaigns in the United States, which is a felony.

After making the embarrassing remarks, Moore took the microphone away from Hogg.
Nearly ten minutes later, Hogg was briefly allowed to speak again. He called out to the IRS, which he hoped was watching him speak, and asked them to investigate President Donald Trump for getting "$30 million from Russia via the NRA."
David Hogg Makes A Fool Of Himself In Canada, Gets Mic Taken Away
https://www.dailywire.com/news/35640/wa ... n-saavedra

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 am

Triggered!

Granted, I am only a few hours into the game, but so far the primary objective boils down to Help The Cops. Not just any cops, either, but the NYPD specifically, because the game takes place in a true-to-life rendering of New York City. It’s dumb to expect video games to be responsible reflections of real life, but it is also impossible, for me at least, to not feel some ickiness about the game forcing me into cahoots with even a fictionalized version of the NYPD, an organization that routinely oppresses some of the most vulnerable residents of the city I live in.
Spider-Man deserves better than to be allied with such forces. A big part of the character’s appeal is that he is just as much under the thumb of the city as the people he tries to help. He’s from a shattered family, he works multiple jobs, he can’t pay his bills, he’s stressed out all the time. He’s not a hero who swoops down from on high in order to save the commoners from themselves, he is a commoner. Therein rests everything that is inspiring about the character; he’s just a guy who wants to make life better for the people who are dealing with the same struggles he is.
They Turned Spider-Man Into A Damn Cop And It Sucks
https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/they- ... 1828944087

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 am

WLJ wrote:Triggered!

Granted, I am only a few hours into the game, but so far the primary objective boils down to Help The Cops. Not just any cops, either, but the NYPD specifically, because the game takes place in a true-to-life rendering of New York City. It’s dumb to expect video games to be responsible reflections of real life, but it is also impossible, for me at least, to not feel some ickiness about the game forcing me into cahoots with even a fictionalized version of the NYPD, an organization that routinely oppresses some of the most vulnerable residents of the city I live in.
Spider-Man deserves better than to be allied with such forces. A big part of the character’s appeal is that he is just as much under the thumb of the city as the people he tries to help. He’s from a shattered family, he works multiple jobs, he can’t pay his bills, he’s stressed out all the time. He’s not a hero who swoops down from on high in order to save the commoners from themselves, he is a commoner. Therein rests everything that is inspiring about the character; he’s just a guy who wants to make life better for the people who are dealing with the same struggles he is.
They Turned Spider-Man Into A Damn Cop And It Sucks
https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/they- ... 1828944087
have they never seen or read anything Spider-Man before? Doesn’t he always catch the bad guys and turn them over to police? He doesn’t kill people and he doesn’t have some secret spidey prison where he locks people up....wtf did they think he does?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:10 pm

I was fully expecting this
President Trump issued several warnings on his Twitter feed Monday, counseling those in Florence’s projected path to prepare and listen to local officials. That was good advice.

Yet when it comes to extreme weather, Mr. Trump is complicit. He plays down humans’ role in increasing the risks, and he continues to dismantle efforts to address those risks. It is hard to attribute any single weather event to climate change. But there is no reasonable doubt that humans are priming the Earth’s systems to produce disasters.

Kevin Trenberth, a climate researcher at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, co-wrote a May paper showing that Harvey’s cataclysmic wetness came from the unusually hot Gulf of Mexico water that fed the hurricane before it slammed into Texas. “Harvey could not have produced so much rain without human-induced climate change,” he and his colleagues concluded. Now Florence is feasting on warm Atlantic Ocean water. “The ocean is warming up systematically,” Mr. Trenberth said, explaining that, though natural variation can turn surface temperatures up or down a bit, the oceans’ energy content is inexorably rising. “It is the strongest signal of global warming,” Mr. Trenberth added.
Another hurricane is about to batter our coast. Trump is complicit.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... nes&wpmm=1

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:16 pm

But wait, there's even more Nutty Professor

Professor's Note Says He Shot Himself With Derringer On Campus To Push AR-15 Ban
https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter ... 54LFqqkiQ/
In the letter, the 58-year-old professor apologized for his actions and explained why he had shot himself in a bathroom of the K building on the school’s Charleston campus.

Despite the fact that Bird told students, staff and arresting officers on the scene that the “the main reason why he shot himself was due to the fact that he is upset with the way President Trump was running our country,” his explanatory letters never mentioned the President.

In the apology note, Bird referenced a CBS news story that said 100 million people had been killed by malnutrition and pollution over the past decade. The he blamed the Las Vegas massacre for his actions.

“A less significant motivation relates to the October 1, 2017 mass shooting from the Mandalay Hotel that killed 58 people,” Bird wrote. “Since this incident, there has been no national legislation banning bump stocks, banning civilian ownership of AR-15 type assault weapons, and the passage of universal background checks legislation.”

“Apparently it is about as easy to buy an AR-15 as a 2-shot derringer,” he continued, referencing the weapon he’d used to shoot himself.
So there you have it, shooting yourself in the arm feeds the children and cleans up pollution.
Last edited by WLJ on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”