Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:27 pm

'Double denim' jeans are the latest crazy pants
http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2018/0 ... pants.html

For only $695 you too can look like a shoplifter

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 am

IMG_6537.JPG
IMG_6538.JPG
IMG_6539.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 am

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature.
PHILADELPHIA (CNN) – Hundreds of people had their homes foreclosed on because software used by Wells Fargo incorrectly denied them mortgage modifications.

The embattled bank revealed the issue in a regulatory filing this week and said it has set aside $8 million to compensate customers affected by the glitch.
Wells Fargo Says Hundreds Of Customers Lost Homes Because Of Computer Glitch
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/ ... er-glitch/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:43 pm

:lol:
A grassroots campaign on Facebook called "Betty White to Host SNL (Please)" began in January 2010. The group was approaching 500,000 members when NBC confirmed on March 11, 2010 that White would in fact host Saturday Night Live on May 8. The appearance made her, at age 88, the oldest person to host the show, beating Miskel Spillman, the winner of SNL's "Anybody Can Host" contest, who was 80 when she hosted in 1977.[38][39] In her opening monologue, White thanked Facebook and joked that she "didn't know what Facebook was, and now that I do know what it is, I have to say, it sounds like a huge waste of time."[22
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_White#2010s

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:46 pm

David Hogg protests outside NRA HQ — protected by armed guards?
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/david- ... ed-guards/

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:52 pm

WLJ wrote:David Hogg protests outside NRA HQ — protected by armed guards?
Why is this skinny little turd still relevant?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:55 pm

rustynuts wrote:
WLJ wrote:David Hogg protests outside NRA HQ — protected by armed guards?
Why is this skinny little turd still relevant?
He's like Kim Kardashian without the boobs

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 pm

POLICE: Elizabethtown man claimed he 'accidentally' sodomized 8-year-old
He allegedly told officers he had been asleep and thought the boy was his girlfriend.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/38820298/poli ... 8-year-old

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:30 am

But they're "educated" and ready for Hillary and/or Bernie
This month, a new study was released analyzing Americans’ perception of the First Amendment, as well as their knowledge of what it entails. As many would expect, the results were bleak.

For example, 40 percent of those surveyed were unable to list any of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment, while another 36 percent could list just one.

"Now I feel like I need to go home and just read..."

[RELATED: SURVEY: Americans support 1A rights, but don’t know what they are]

Wanting to know if millennials at an Ivy League School would fare better, I headed to Columbia University to talk with young people about their knowledge of the First Amendment.

Offering $20 to any person who could tell me the five freedoms guaranteed under the amendment (Speech, Religion, Assembly, Press, and Petition), it quickly became clear no one would be going home with the money.
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11196

SURVEY: Americans support 1A rights, but don’t know what they are
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11182

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:35 am

WLJ wrote:But they're "educated" and ready for Hillary and/or Bernie
This month, a new study was released analyzing Americans’ perception of the First Amendment, as well as their knowledge of what it entails. As many would expect, the results were bleak.

For example, 40 percent of those surveyed were unable to list any of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment, while another 36 percent could list just one.

"Now I feel like I need to go home and just read..."

[RELATED: SURVEY: Americans support 1A rights, but don’t know what they are]

Wanting to know if millennials at an Ivy League School would fare better, I headed to Columbia University to talk with young people about their knowledge of the First Amendment.

Offering $20 to any person who could tell me the five freedoms guaranteed under the amendment (Speech, Religion, Assembly, Press, and Petition), it quickly became clear no one would be going home with the money.
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11196

SURVEY: Americans support 1A rights, but don’t know what they are
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11182

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:37 am

Seems education has achieved its goal
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 pm

PDM wrote:Seems government run public education has achieved its goal
FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm

I say its fake news...they don't teach history in schools anymore.

Ask a teenager you don't know when ww2 was or korea or vietnam. They have no relevant clue.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I say its fake news...they don't teach history in schools anymore.

Ask a teenager you don't know when ww2 was or korea or vietnam. They have no relevant clue.
Agreed

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Most of what the teach of the constitution is abridged (poorly and with a spin on it)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:06 pm

Govt funded news services. Just what we need, new services that will never dare question the government's narrative. Why not just skip the chase and just go ahead and call it Pravda from the get go.
Can you imagine the MSM outcry if a R governor was doing this?
Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy is on the verge of signing a bill into law that would create a nonprofit group that would funnel $5 million in public money into local news organizations.
The “Civic Info Bill,” as it’s called, would aim to encourage more local news reporting and soften the blow that the last decade of budget slashes, staff layoffs, newsroom closings and media consolidations have had on news coverage of small communities and cities across the state and the nation.
New Jersey Civic Info Bill to subsidize local press comes with risks
https://www.syracusenewtimes.com/new-je ... info-bill/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Okay, let me gets this out of the way first. Alex Jones is a loud mouth nut case.
That said, stuff like this worriers me
Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it.
— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) August 6, 2018
In other words, if it goes against the narrative, ban it. Plus this is ironic coming from Chris Murphy considering some of the BS that has come from his mouth.
Combine this with the above post on many people having no clue what's in the 1st A.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 pm

WLJ wrote:Okay, let me gets this out of the way first. Alex Jones is a loud mouth nut case.
That said, stuff like this worriers me
Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it.
— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) August 6, 2018
In other words, if it goes against the narrative, ban it. Plus this is ironic coming from Chris Murphy considering some of the BS that has come from his mouth.
Combine this with the above post on many people having no clue what's in the 1st A.
Yeah it's terrible but their usual tantrum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:36 pm

University Of Louisville Grad Satirizes Gun-Toting Graduation Pic With Dildo
Haley Davis, 21, was inspired by Kaitlin Bennett’s rifle photo that went viral in May.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/un ... 5abaa7ede6

Her "heroic" photos https://twitter.com/IsARealGal/status/1 ... 41/photo/1
Haley Davis didn’t just leave the University of Louisville with a bachelor’s of science in criminal justice. She also left with some memorable graduation photos starring her clutching a dildo.

On Monday, the 21-year-old shared two snapshots of herself standing in front of her alma mater’s name with her arm raised, dildo in hand.

“Come and take it!!!” the now-viral post reads.

Now that I’ve graduated from the University of Louisville, I can finally arm myself on campus! Come and take it!!! pic.twitter.com/XV7zSRyyUn
— Johnny Tomato Seed (@IsARealGal) August 6, 2018

The photos of Davis posing with the sex toy, sans context, are humorous, but she told HuffPost that she took them to satirize another graduation photo from this year that also went viral.

In May, Kent State University graduate Kaitlin Bennett posted an image of herself in front of her university’s sign with a rifle affixed to her back and a cap that read, “Come and take it.”

Bennett’s post said that she “should have been” able to carry a gun on her campus but wasn’t allowed to.

Now that I graduated from @KentState, I can finally arm myself on campus. I should have been able to do so as a student- especially since 4 unarmed students were shot and killed by the government on this campus. #CampusCarryNow pic.twitter.com/a91fQH44cq
— Kaitlin Bennett (@KaitMarieox) May 13, 2018

Davis told HuffPost that she wasn’t “enraged” by Bennett’s post, but that she did think, “Dang, this girl takes things too seriously” and that “bringing an assault rifle to the campus is in poor taste.” Those thoughts led her to recreate the photos herself.

“Knowing I would be graduating soon, I wanted to make satire out of her very bold photos just to lighten it up a little bit. I think comedic relief is very valuable and can ease pain people may be feeling,” Davis said.

Bennett, a conservative student activist, called for students to be able to carry concealed weapons during her time at Kent State. She cited the Ohio National Guard’s killing of four unarmed student protesters at Kent State in 1970 as a reason she should be able to carry a weapon. “If the government has it, we should have it. Machine guns — any weaponry,” she told The Washington Post.

Though her first image garnered vitriol online, Bennett was undeterred and posted a second one just days later:

I have no apologies for my graduation photos. As a woman, I refuse to be a victim & the second amendment ensures that I don’t have to be. pic.twitter.com/5CKmQobrMb
— Kaitlin Bennett (@KaitMarieox) May 15, 2018

Davis says she has “mixed feelings” about gun control and doesn’t feel that she’s fully educated herself on the subject.

“But I personally would not feel comfortable arming myself with a gun,” she told HuffPost. “I also don’t believe it’s necessary for civilians to own assault rifles.”

As for why she chose a dildo to hold, Davis said: “As a feminist, I value sexual liberation and acceptance of sexuality. That, combined with my desire to provide comedic relief, is why I chose to pose with a dildo.”

Davis frequently tweets “comedic things involving sex toys,” she added.

As for what she’s up to now that school is over, Davis says she’s planning to take “a gap year to work a little bit before pursuing more education.” She says she wants “to pursue family law, but my mind could be changed.”

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 am

Here's their logic, if you can call it that, is that if you don't like ST:Discovery (which is a big streaming pile of dog shit BTW), that can only be because you're anti diversity or something, and if you like the fact that Patrick Stewart is returning as JLP then it can only be because you're racist and/or sexist or something like that.
Can SLWs even take a dump in the morning without finding something racist about it?

New 'Star Trek' reboot starring Patrick Stewart is CBS' latest All Access offering. But who's the audience?
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/n ... ncna898121

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:38 am

Rem700 wrote:Most of what they teach of the constitution is abridged (poorly and with a spin on it)
Who is this "they"?

I'll bet you that 99% of the members of this board couldn't tell me what freedoms (other than freedom from self-incrimination) are protected by the 5th Amendment without asking the Google.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:47 am

Frailer wrote:
Rem700 wrote:Most of what they teach of the constitution is abridged (poorly and with a spin on it)
Who is this "they"?

I'll bet you that 99% of the members of this board couldn't tell me what freedoms (other than freedom from self-incrimination) are protected by the 5th Amendment without asking the Google.
Okay, I'm waiting on someone to plead the 5th.

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:20 pm

fif1.jpg
fif1.jpg (15.5 KiB) Viewed 948 times

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 am

Frailer wrote:
Who is this "they"?

Okay, back to serious.
I seriously doubt anyone on here is actually trying to use to anything in the 5th right now. On the other hand the 1st is constantly being invoked, by all sides mind you, to justify a lot of things. If you keep people ignorant of what it actually says and condition them to never look themselves it's easy to manipulate such people.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:44 am

Oh boy

Is this a good time to point out that NYPD surveiled Wahhaj's mosque because its security force was suspected of engaging in illegal weapons trafficking and participating in paramilitary training? And that this surveillance was shutdown by the ACLU? pic.twitter.com/q3k8suDwnG

— Kyle Shideler (@ShidelerK) August 9, 2018

I feel like… maybe in some alternate universe, this fact, and the fact that Wahhaj's son was arrested in an New Mexico desert compound while alleging training kids for jihad might make an interesting news story.

— Kyle Shideler (@ShidelerK) August 9, 2018
Report: NYPD had surveilled mosque connected to New Mexico compound, but ACLU intervened
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/08 ... ntervened/

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”