Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:40 am

Where's the advil?
On July 11, the BABEL Working Group published an open letter to the organizers of the International Congress on Medieval Studies (ICMS), which is planning to host its annual conference of about 3,000 academics at Kalamazoo College in May 2019, outlining two “concerns” about the conference.

"Decisions that seem in favor of ‘academic freedom’ or ‘fairness’ to the current small group of decision-makers, for others, reinforce structural inequalities."

“The first is that there seems to be a bias against, or lack of interest in, sessions that are self-critical of medieval studies, or focused on the politics of the field in the present, especially relative to issues of decoloniality, globalization, and anti-racism,” the letter explains, adding that the second concern relates to an alleged “lack of transparency around the process by which ICMS programming decisions are made.”

[RELATED: Profs fear 'alt-right' is taking over Medieval Studies]

The letter, which has been signed by more than 600 people as of press time, argues that by rejecting workshops such as “How to Be a White Ally in Medieval Studies 101,” “Toxic Medievalisms,” and “Intersectionality and the Medieval Romance,” the ICMS organizers are hurting scholars of color and excluding their perspectives.

“The rejection of multiple sessions co-sponsored by Medievalists of Color (MOC) in particular minimizes the intellectual guidance that scholars of color would provide at the conference, when these scholars are already severely underrepresented in the field,” the letter protests.

Other workshops rejected by ICMS organizers included “Toxic Medievalisms: Misuses and Abuses of the Medieval in Contemporary Culture,” “Race and the Medieval,” “Translations of Power: Race, Class, and Gender Intersectionality in the Middle Ages I and II,” and more.
The letter goes on to invoke “the current political climate here in the US and abroad” as justification for why the rejected workshop proposals should be reinstated, suggesting that the field of medieval studies should serve as “a site of resistance” against the “darker forces” of nationalism and academic freedom.
Activists demand more social justice in Medieval Studies
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11140
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Funny, but not funny :shock:

Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/20 ... tocks.html
An incident of this nature isn’t exactly unheard of in Japan.

In the comments
Talk about your Weapons of AssDestruction ..
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Japanese love playing Kancho

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:07 pm

IMG_6206.JPG
IMG_6206.JPG (113.32 KiB) Viewed 747 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Honestly now-a-days I have trouble telling if that kind of stuff is fake anymore, there are people walking around who are actually that stupid.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:34 pm

WLJ wrote:Honestly now-a-days I have trouble telling if that kind of stuff is fake anymore, there are people walking around who are actually that stupid.
Maxine Waters style shit

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:26 am

Alexa in the bedroom

Smart sex toys get ALEXA upgrade – your first threesome could be with an artificial intelligence
A leading sex toy company is letting randy sex toy owners control their vibrators using voice commands
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/6825412/s ... -vibrator/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Nationally, over 21M Americans spend more than 30% of their paychecks on rent. That’s absurd.

I introduced the #RentReliefAct to help ease the burden. This equals more money in people’s pockets at the end of the year.

— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) July 21, 2018
https://twitter.com/hashtag/RentReliefA ... wsrc%5Etfw

Lets see, want to upgrade you apartment to the deluxe model? Go ahead, the govt will pick up the extra. Oh and you landlord just jacked up the rent 100%. That okay the govt will pickup the increase for that too.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 am

More govt spending

Leave it to the govt to think paying the contractors by the ton was a great idea.
In the end, the government-run program was the most expensive disaster cleanup in California history. The project, managed by the Army Corps of Engineers, totaled $1.3 billion, or an average of $280,000 per property. The bulk of that $1.3 billion comes from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), but state and local governments are also responsible for about $130 million.
It’s an astonishing price tag. For comparison, the 2015 Valley Fire cleanup in Lake County, which was managed by the state instead of the Army Corps, totaled around $92 million, or $77,000 per parcel.
Krickl pointed to where his home used to stand. It’s a 6-foot deep depression that he affectionately called his “pond”.

That “pond” was created when contractors removed the foundation, soil and an entire concrete pad for Krickl’s garage, leaving behind a large hole.

This is another side effect of the incentive structure of Army Corps contracts. Paying contractors by the ton incentivizes them to haul away as much dirt, rocks and concrete as they can.
Cleaning Up: Inside the Wildfire Debris Removal Job That Cost Taxpayers $1.3 Billion
https://www.kqed.org/news/11681280/clea ... -3-billion

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 am

Reason #34,671 why our insurance rates are too darn high!

Local Moron Straps Washing Machine to SUV Hood Instead of Perfectly Good Roof Rack
https://jalopnik.com/local-moron-straps ... 1827686777

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Gun-control activist David Hogg apparently thinks President Trump will cancel the 2020 election.

In a tweet Sunday afternoon, Mr. Hogg, who had earlier in the day insinuated that all the National Rifle Association’s 2016 political spending money came from Russia, encouraged people to vote with a stark warning.

“These Midterms could be the last election of our lifetime. VOTE,” he wrote on Twitter.
'Vote': David Hogg insinuates Trump may cancel 2020 election
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -election/

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:01 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:I think it’s funny that people rag on millennials all the time. I would lump myself into that group. We’ve worked just as hard as generations before us to earn a good living all while having to suffer through enormous amount of student loan debt the previous generation didn’t have to incur. I wasn’t given a free ride. I’ve earned it all. That said... It’s still kinda funny.
Working as hard as generations before is is very untrue (speaking as a generalization of course, today's society is much lazier) and suffer through debt? Nobody is made to take a loan out. You borrow money and then you pay it back, it is ln't suffering, it is a contract agreed by mutual parties. Your great grandparents would burn this mother to the ground if they came back to see what has happened.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:21 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:I think it’s funny that people rag on millennials all the time. I would lump myself into that group. We’ve worked just as hard as generations before us to earn a good living all while having to suffer through enormous amount of student loan debt the previous generation didn’t have to incur. I wasn’t given a free ride. I’ve earned it all. That said... It’s still kinda funny.
Working as hard as generations before is is very untrue (speaking as a generalization of course, today's society is much lazier) and suffer through debt? Nobody is made to take a loan out. You borrow money and then you pay it back, it is ln't suffering, it is a contract agreed by mutual parties. Your great grandparents would burn this mother to the ground if they came back to see what has happened.

Back then student loans would never cover "Gender Studies" and all the other BS classes either.
Millennials that took loans for these BS classes deserve what they get. The ones that didn't, thank God you had good sense.

1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:38 pm

jackalo626 wrote:

25 years ago you could raise a family bagging groceries. You didn’t need college to get a decent job. That’s not the case anymore. I never said anyone forced anyone to get loans. It’s just the way it is now. Education costs are higher than ever.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:43 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

25 years ago you could raise a family bagging groceries. You didn’t need college to get a decent job. That’s not the case anymore. I never said anyone forced anyone to get loans. It’s just the way it is now. Education costs are higher than ever.
You don't need college to get a good job, people spread the falsehoods that you need college for a good job. Hard workers move up fast and hustlers hustle. Tons of successful people that shaped the world like bill gates, Steve jobs etc etc are billionaire drop outs. Because they have hustle. Not shitting on you trying to do the way most think is only way. I applaud you but it is your loan and it is yours to give back.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:21 am

jackalo626 wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

You don't need college to get a good job, people spread the falsehoods that you need college for a good job. Hard workers move up fast and hustlers hustle. Tons of successful people that shaped the world like bill gates, Steve jobs etc etc are billionaire drop outs. Because they have hustle. Not shitting on you trying to do the way most think is only way. I applaud you but it is your loan and it is yours to give back.

I have to agree with Jack on this one. I know too many people, my daughter and son-in-law included, that manage to do quite well without a degree. It just takes effort and desire, same as always.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:32 pm

WLJ wrote:
Gun-control activist David Hogg apparently thinks President Trump will cancel the 2020 election.

In a tweet Sunday afternoon, Mr. Hogg, who had earlier in the day insinuated that all the National Rifle Association’s 2016 political spending money came from Russia, encouraged people to vote with a stark warning.

“These Midterms could be the last election of our lifetime. VOTE,” he wrote on Twitter.
Sounds familiar.

“What if Obama isn’t looking to his “legacy”? What if the threat of nuclear devastation he helps to arm with this agreement (an America-hating Iran with nuclear bombs) is to be brandished, along with a related threat from ongoing terrorist uprisings on U.S. soil, to create the exigent circumstances needed to justify imposing martial law throughout the United States and a plausible excuse for demanding that Obama remain in office until the emergency passes?”

https://mobile.wnd.com/2015/04/is-iran- ... 3gRVslF.03

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:

Sounds familiar.

“What if Obama isn’t looking to his “legacy”? What if the threat of nuclear devastation he helps to arm with this agreement (an America-hating Iran with nuclear bombs) is to be brandished, along with a related threat from ongoing terrorist uprisings on U.S. soil, to create the exigent circumstances needed to justify imposing martial law throughout the United States and a plausible excuse for demanding that Obama remain in office until the emergency passes?”

https://mobile.wnd.com/2015/04/is-iran- ... 3gRVslF.03
It was stupid then and it's stupid now.
Remember the fema "coffins"?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:24 pm

A millionaire businessman running for mayor in Chicago blessed a multitude of churchgoers – and potential voters – Sunday by handing out hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Willie Wilson, one of several Democrats who plan to take on incumbent Mayor Rahm Emanuel, handed out $300,000 to about 2,000 worshipers at a church on Chicago’s South Side Sunday morning, an aide told WGN-TV.
F. Scott Winslow, Wilson’s campaign manager, claimed the donations were legal since it was “absolutely not” a campaign event.
Oh, okay, that makes all good then :roll:

Chicago mayoral candidate gives out hundreds of thousands of dollars to potential voters at church
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07 ... hurch.html

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:38 pm

ssracer wrote:
WLJ wrote:When someone has way way too much time on their hands

Motivated by ‘Rage and Hopelessness,’ Robert Longo Takes Aim at American Gun Violence in an Epic Work for Art Basel
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/rober ... el-1300301
It isn’t until viewers draw much closer to the shimmering surface that they see its alluring, illuminated topography consists of polished copper shell casings. About 40,000 of them, to be more precise—roughly one bullet for each gun death in the US last year.
The original Death Star—today held in the collection of Buffalo’s Burchfield Penney Art Cente—comprised a mass of only about 18,000 rounds of ammunition, symbolizing the roughly 18,000 American gun casualties the year before. (Longo excluded gun suicides from both Death Stars.)
18,000 and now 40,000? Where the F are they getting these numbers from?
Since it’s now illegal in New York State to order blank rounds by mail, as Longo did for the original bullet ball, the artist had to transform his studio into a munitions factory for assault-rifle ammo.
That’s actually kind of bad ass looking. I’d hang one in my house...lol

I know right. Bet he would flip his shit if he knew that that is actually awesome looking.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:13 pm

I guess when you got to go, you got to go
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6842956/s ... s-engaged/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Hogg again

First this little exchange between Roihani and Trump
This week the president of Iran served up a warning for the U.S.:

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Sunday cautioned U.S. President Donald Trump about pursuing hostile policies against Tehran, saying “war with Iran is the mother of all wars”, but did not rule out peace between the two countries.
[…]
“America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars,” Rouhani said, leaving open the possibility of peace between the two countries, at odds since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

“You are not in a position to incite the Iranian nation against Iran’s security and interests,” Rouhani said, in an apparent reference to reported efforts by Washington to destabilize Iran’s Islamic government.

In an apparent reaction to those comments from Rouhani, Trump took to Twitter to serve up this reaction late Sunday night:

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 23, 2018
Now Hogg steps in
OK, we’ve got a confession to make: We’ve had David Hogg pegged all wrong. For months, we’ve been sharing his hot takes to illustrate his ignorance and obnoxiousness.

But today, with this twist on Donald Trump’s ALL-CAPS tweet at Hassan Rouhani, he proved that he’s actually a genius:
To US President Trump: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) July 23, 2018
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/ ... ent-trump/

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Now that’s just funny
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:59 pm

In case you hadn’t heard, a man with a handgun went on a shooting spree in Toronto Sunday night, reportedly shooting pedestrians at random before opening fire on crowded restaurants, killing two and injuring 13.

Christine Estima, a Toronto-based novelist and writer who claims to have bylines at VICE, The New York Daily News, and the CBC, offered up this hot take Monday morning:
We need to put a ban on white men until we can figure out what’s going on. We’re going to build a wall around them, and get Gavin McInnes to pay for it.#TorontoStrong #TorontoShooting #ToxicMasculinity

— Christine Estima (@christineestima) July 23, 2018
The #ToxicMasculinity hashtag would have sufficed, but there was more:
Tax white men higher and use the extra funds to pay for social services and community initiatives.

— Christine Estima (@christineestima) July 23, 2018
That’s one hot take: because of a mass shooting, ban white men, then tax them higher to pay for social services.

The take only gets hotter, because police have now identified the gunman as Faisal Hussain, 29.
BREAKING NEWS: SIU identifies Danforth shooting suspect, now deceased, as Faisal Hussain of Toronto. Hussein’s family says he had “severe mental health challenges, struggling with psychosis and depression his entire life.“

— Rosa Hwang (@journorosa) July 23, 2018
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/07 ... oting-but/

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:24 am

Peaceful talks with Russia...TREASON!
Tough talk with Iran....TREASON!

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”