Chipotle doesn't want your money

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Chipotle doesn't want your money

Post by Rem700 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:55 am

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05 ... ur-stores/

Not an all out ban, but basically asking you to come in unarmed. No skin off my back. Qdoba and Salsaritas are both much better IMO. Chipotle has no queso.....WTF good is mexi food with no queso.....no bueno

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Chipotle doesn't want your money

Post by ssracer » Tue May 20, 2014 12:00 pm

I blame this one on the open carry rifle assholes.

Just because a business allows carry doesn't mean they are pro gun. They are just neutral and follow the law. Pull a stunt like this and suddenly you shove them into a debate that they didn't want any part in. They are going to bow to media pressure and the other side has a lot more of that than we do.

Also, don't fucking dress like trailer park trash when you try to champion a cause.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Tue May 20, 2014 12:09 pm

I think Racer is spot on. I also think it important to submit feedback on their website and respectfully tell them we are taking our business elsewhere. If there is no backlash they will roll with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:10 pm

I agree the whole open carry of rifles makes the carrier look like an idiot, but if its legal then its his/her choice to look like an idiot. However as a company Chipotle should have responded with "we follow the laws" and left it at that. But as you said political and media pressure seems to win these days.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue May 20, 2014 12:12 pm

This article lays it out pretty good

http://bearingarms.com/long-gun-open-ca ... -mistakes/

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by travisccook » Tue May 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Was just about to post that same article. I don't agree with Chipotle in the long run (obviously - I'm a member of this site) but the folks executing the 'open carry' statement could not have f'ed it up more. There's something to be said for being a responsible second amendment advocate. Everything points to at least one of these kids being nothing more than a Call of Duty advocate - this supports the second amendment about as well as a mexican place without queso supports my fat kid desires. :llama:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Tue May 20, 2014 12:59 pm

I am with racer on this one. The 2 open carriers are not a good image for the rest of us.. If you want to open carry rifles at least try not to look like total douche nozzles while doing it.
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 20, 2014 1:04 pm

ssracer wrote:I blame this one on the open carry rifle assholes.

Just because a business allows carry doesn't mean they are pro gun. They are just neutral and follow the law. Pull a stunt like this and suddenly you shove them into a debate that they didn't want any part in. They are going to bow to media pressure and the other side has a lot more of that than we do.

Also, don't fucking dress like trailer park trash when you try to champion a cause.
I agree with this 100%.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Your gun rights does not superside other peaple rights.
A restaurant is not public property , open rifle , call of duty trailer park morons. :llama:
Last edited by guncrank1 on Tue May 20, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Tue May 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Niceguy wrote:
ssracer wrote:I blame this one on the open carry rifle assholes.

I agree with this 100%.
also agree
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:03 pm

I'm of the opinion that if they aren't breaking the law, then that's all that matters. It doesn't matter if they meet your approval or imaginary dress code, or social status.
Poorly dressed dumb pot smokers can walk around with rifles slung just the same as anyone else.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue May 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Sure, they can do what they want. But the unfortunate consequence, like it or not, is that it makes the entire gun community look bad and gives groups like MDA one more thing to harp on and brag about as a "win". It also gives those who are on the fence or otherwise may not care a bad opinion of gun owners, thus weakening our overall position.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 pm

I don't feel like what those dingleberries did make me, you, or anyone else in the gun community look bad. If there are fence sitters that will view these incidents and cross over to the dark side, then they probably would not be very supportive on our side anyways. Surely there are some fence sitters who will see the videos of unlawful police stops/searches and come to our side. It goes both ways.

I hate to see the second amendment supporters forget that it applies to military arms more than single stack .380's in your pocket. Like it or not, Joe Dirt can walk around with a rifle slung.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 20, 2014 2:26 pm

I agree with SS completely. Even if I agreed with the 2 morons, it is still stupid to have their mags in, on your front posing with hand on the grip and rail "ready to fire" so to speak...

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:35 pm

justang1997 wrote:I don't feel like what those dingleberries did make me, you, or anyone else in the gun community look bad. If there are fence sitters that will view these incidents and cross over to the dark side, then they probably would not be very supportive on our side anyways. Surely there are some fence sitters who will see the videos of unlawful police stops/searches and come to our side. It goes both ways.

I hate to see the second amendment supporters forget that it applies to military arms more than single stack .380's in your pocket. Like it or not, Joe Dirt can walk around with a rifle slung.

People judge entire groups based on the actions of one everyday. So yes i do believe these ass hats made us all look bad. However I also agree with you that if no laws are broken then who cares (but try explaining that to the common person who has been taught by the media to fear all things guns....and rednecks lol)

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:37 pm

If the mags aren't in, then how can they use the guns as intended as defensive weapons?
As far as the guy holding the gun at the "Low ready", what is the proper way to hold an open carry rifle? There isn't one. Is he brandishing? It doesn't look like there is any intent to intimidate.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue May 20, 2014 2:38 pm

That's all well and good, but don't then go and blame the company for trying to do what they think is best to preserve their business based on outside pressure that was brought on by these guys

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by irishrob » Tue May 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Copied from Facebook
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (112.7 KiB) Viewed 565 times

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:52 pm

I don't blame the company for asking people not to carry guns. They can do that all they want.
I think if stores put up signs saying no free speech or no wearing holy cross necklaces it would be a shit storm.
If they said, we really don't want to serve Asians so please don't come here if you are Asian, everyone would scream discrimination. But if it's a rifle in plain sight, holy Jesus even pro 2a people back down.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:28 pm

justang1997 wrote:I don't blame the company for asking people not to carry guns. They can do that all they want.
I think if stores put up signs saying no free speech or no wearing holy cross necklaces it would be a shit storm.
If they said, we really don't want to serve Asians so please don't come here if you are Asian, everyone would scream discrimination. But if it's a rifle in plain sight, holy Jesus even pro 2a people back down.

I agree. Till you use said right, do you even have it?

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by travisccook » Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 pm

irishrob wrote:Copied from Facebook
Capture.JPG
I'm not exactly a chipotle expert... but... that doesn't look like a chipotle. Not even close. Someone has taken pics of another rally and is trying to swing things.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue May 20, 2014 4:36 pm

I will still eat those yummy burritos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Tue May 20, 2014 4:36 pm

ssracer wrote:That's all well and good, but don't then go and blame the company for trying to do what they think is best to preserve their business based on outside pressure that was brought on by these guys
I agree but the company needs to see a negative financial impact from their decision or they will never change their stance.

If anyone here thinks this decision was about protecting there customers you're confused. This decision was about protecting their sales. The only way to change the decision is to show them it was a poor decision and that can only be done by affecting their sales.

These companies don't give a flying fuck about your safety. Only about your impression of safety making you spend your money elsewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue May 20, 2014 4:46 pm

I never said it was about protecting customers. It was all about pressure and not wanting to lose money.

Hell, I've never even been in a chipotle.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue May 20, 2014 4:49 pm

travisccook wrote:
irishrob wrote:Copied from Facebook
Capture.JPG
I'm not exactly a chipotle expert... but... that doesn't look like a chipotle. Not even close. Someone has taken pics of another rally and is trying to swing things.
those pics are from a month or so ago at like a jack in the box or something. That was the one where the story was that supposedly the employees were so scared they hid in the freezer or some shit

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”