This could get nasty.

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

This could get nasty.

Post by WLJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Or she is just an idiot, take your pick.
Md. woman won't share $105M lotto jackpot with McD's co-workers

* Pool gal: $105M is all mine

By EVAN SERPICK and WILLIAM FARRINGTON in Baltimore and BOB FREDERICKS in NY

Last Updated: 9:46 AM, April 2, 2012

Posted: 2:02 AM, April 2, 2012
More Print

EXCLUSIVE

Mega Millions mania has plunged a Maryland McDonald’s into a bubbling cauldron of controversy hotter than a deep-fried apple pie.

Workers at the fast-food joint who pooled their cash for tickets are furious at a colleague who claims she won with a ticket she bought for herself and has no intention of sharing.

“We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,” McDonald’s “winner’’ Mirlande Wilson 37, told The Post yesterday, insisting she alone bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.
MONEY TROUBLES: Mirlande Wilson (above) claims she purchased a winning Mega Millions ticket for herself and won’t share it with co-workers in her pool, including Davon Wilson and Suleiman Osman Husein.
William Farrington

MONEY TROUBLES: Mirlande Wilson claims she purchased a winning Mega Millions ticket for herself and won’t share it with co-workers in her pool, including Davon Wilson and Suleiman Osman Husein

“I was in the group, but this was separate. The winning ticket was a separate ticket,” the single mother of seven said as she and her fiancé left her home in the squalid Westport neighborhood to attend church.

The Haitian immigrant refused to show what she said was the winning ticket, claiming she had it hidden in another location and would present it to lottery officials today.

Pressed as the day went on, she became more cagey.

“I don’t know if I won. Some of the numbers were familiar. I recognized some of [them],’’ she said. “I don’t know why’’ people are saying differently. “I’m going to go to the lottery office [today]. I bought some tickets separately.”

With winning tickets also sold in Illinois and Kansas, a single Maryland winner would get an after-tax lump sum of $105 million, or $5.59 million a year for 26 years.

If Wilson won, and if it was with a pooled work ticket, the situation would be shockingly similar to that of New Jersey lottery louse Americo Lopes, who tried to screw five former colleagues after hitting a $24 million jackpot before a jury ordered him to spread the wealth.

Wilson’s co-workers — who make little more than $7.50 an hour — are sizzling with anger over the notion.

“She can’ t do this to us!” said Suleiman Osman Husein, a shift manager and one of 15 members in the pool. “We each paid $5. She took everybody’s money!”

A man identifying himself as the boyfriend of a McDonald’s manager named Layla, who was part of the pool, said Wilson bought tickets for the group at the 7-Eleven in Milford Mill, where the winning ticket was sold.

The group’s tickets — along with a list of those who contributed to the pool — were left in an office safe at the burger joint, said the man, who gave only his first name, Allen, as he stood next to Layla. She declined to comment.

Then, late Friday, before the night’s drawing, the owner of the McDonald’s, Birul Desai, gave Wilson $5 to buy more tickets for the pool on her way home from work, and she went back to the 7-Eleven and bought them, Allen said.

Wilson took those tickets home with her, Allen said.

But Wilson insisted yesterday that she had bought the second batch with an unidentified pal — not for the pool — and that the winning ticket was among them.

A day earlier, a delirious Wilson had called co-workers to break the news — tellingly used the first-person singular.

“I won! I won!” she cried, Allen said.

Another colleague, Davon Wilson, no relation, said he was there when Mirlande Wilson called.

“She said, ‘Turn on the news.’ She said she had won. I thought it was a joke or something. She doesn’t seem like a person who’d do this,” he said.

Allan said he and Layla went to Wilson’s home and pounded on the door for 20 minutes until she finally came out.

“These people are going to kill you. It’s not worth your life!” Allen said he told her.

“All right! All right! I’ll share, but I can’t find the ticket right now,” she finally said, according to Allen.

Yohannes Michael, a clerk at the 7-Eleven where Wilson bought the tickets, expressed doubts about her story when he said yesterday that lottery officials have reviewed the store’s video and believe that a man bought the winning ticket. Lottery rep Carole Everett would not confirm that.

Reached at his Fairfax, Va., home, Desai, the McDonald’s owner, declined to comment except to say, “It’s all bulls--t, if you ask me. It’s speculation.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/what ... z1qv83jYBk
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

This could get nasty.

Post by ssracer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:48 pm

I am in a pool at work. The guy in charge of buying the tickets sends out an email with a scan of all of them that are for the group when he buys them

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

This could get nasty.

Post by Marcus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Ours too. The tickets are placed in our breakroom before the drawing.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: This could get nasty.

Post by son of liberty » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 pm

I play alone...... ya with nobody else.

Jff24Gordn
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jff24Gordn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm

I won the mega millions game the other day and I ain't sharing with anyone.

Its my $9 and I am going to do what I want with it :llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Jff24Gordn wrote:
Its my $9 and I am going to do what I want with it :llama:
$1.27 after taxes.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Off with her head!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Nevermind

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Cats r man handling Jayhawks

Edit: thought I was n the pit....
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:27 am

Play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 am

I had this happen to me....on a smaller scale...kinda.

Wife asked me to pick her up a ticket, so I did.

She won $100 on it. First time I ever bought a lottery ticket.

I saw about $0

I was fine with that though.
:llama:

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:36 am

Mike wrote:I had this happen to me....on a smaller scale...kinda.

Wife asked me to pick her up a ticket, so I did.

She won $100 on it. First time I ever bought a lottery ticket.

I saw about $0

I was fine with that though.
Same thing seems to happen with my paycheck every week. :llama:

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 am

We do the same at work but we just copy all the tickets so everyone can have there's and the actual tickets are locked in the safe.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:55 pm

This is getting goofy
How much you want to bet he never had the ticket and as soon as someone says they have it she'll sue them for stealing it. Someone tried that before.

Maryland Mega Millions 'winner' appears, but mystery deepens

Published April 04, 2012

| FoxNews.com

Marlinde Wilson and attorney

WTTG

"I have not seen the ticket, nor do I want to see the ticket," said attorney Edward Smith, right, as Marlinde Wilson stood behind him.

The Maryland Mega Millions mystery only got more confusing after a woman who claimed to be one of three winners of a record prize appeared with her lawyer -- and without the ticket.

"I have not seen the ticket, nor do I want to see the ticket," said attorney Edward Smith, as Marlinde Wilson, who was an hour late for the news conference, stood behind him. She did not speak.

"We believe it to be a legitimate claim," Smith continued. "When it is time to present the ticket or whatever it is that needs to be presented to the lottery commissioner, I am sure that we will be there."

Smith lectured the media gathered in his cramped office and told them not to pester his client, who bought tickets for a pool of workers at a Baltimore-area McDonald's but claimed the winning ticket she holds was bought separately.

"God knows, by next week or next month, this will all be over and we will still be friends," Smith said.

Wilson, 37, earlier told the New York Post the winning ticket was stashed somewhere in the McDonald's restaurant where she works.

“I left my ticket there, and it’s somewhere safe that only I know about,” she told the newspaper through a Creole-speaking translator.

"I don't think she wants her 15 minutes of fame," Smith said. "We just want y'all to go home."

A Maryland Lottery spokeswoman told FoxNews.com that no one has claimed the record-setting prize as of Wednesday afternoon. Three winning tickets were sold in Maryland, Kansas and Illinois. Of those states, only the winner in Illinois must be identified.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/04/me ... z1r6D88YVE

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:58 am

How much you want to bet she's already run up a huge bill and is waiting for someone to come up with the ticket and she'll cry that they stole it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/me ... latestnews
Mega Millions wannabe 'loses' $105M winner, not sure she has it

Published April 06, 2012

| New York Post

Mirlande Wilson

Reuters

April 4, 2012: Mirlande Wilson (R) of Haiti arrives with her attorney Edward Smith Jr. to a news conference where Wilson claimed to have the winning ticket for the Mega Millions jackpot lottery in Baltimore, Md.

BALTIMORE, Md. – The Maryland Mega-nut who insists she won a record Mega Millions jackpot now says she lost the winning ticket -- but is not breaking a sweat looking for it.

"I have no idea where it is. I'm not sure I have it," Mirlande Wilson said in her latest tortured explanation of the mystery ticket's fate.

The world's most famous McDonald's employee incredibly claimed she had not even checked the uniform she was wearing the night she bought it.

"I'm still looking for it. I haven't even looked in my uniform pants yet," the flaky single mom of seven admitted. "I'm still looking everywhere to find it, in my purse, everywhere."

And she did not put her kids to work on the treasure hunt even though they have the week off for spring break.

"I wanted to look for it. I was crying. She wouldn't let us. It's a lot of money," lamented her disappointed daughter Stephanie, 15.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/me ... z1rFxTMkkv

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”