KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

10/22 capabilities

Post by Till » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:37 am

What's its max range?

What is the best grouping you've done at 100 yards
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

drwhite

Re: 10/22 capabilities

Post by drwhite » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:34 pm

I am sure Coach will chime in but Ive had 2-3" groups at 100 yards with a stock carbine 16" barrel. I am pretty sure I have seen pictures of one of coaches tricked out rugers getting sub MOA.

Ulwembu
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ulwembu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Smallest groups I had were 1 MOA. Had a 20 inch Butler Creek barrel with compensator slits in it.
DSR 506
IPSC 08-P69 Multi-Gun
Shooting at a range near you!

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Barrels and ammo I agree with, but without a properly tuned trigger, they are much harder to get good groups from, even with the other components.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

10/22 capabilities

Post by justang1997 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:00 pm

I have a butler creek barrel also. With a hogue stock and I can punch some crazy small groups with it at 100 yards. I have popped spent 12ga shells at about 120yards at kcr. One time at 25 yards I put 5 rounds in a hole that was no joke too small to put a 9mm casing through.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Marlin 60 > 10/22

IMHO
I'm banned now aren't I?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Actually I'm starting to get the impression I'm the only one in the forum that doesn't have a 10/22.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 pm

The one I got from Coach is absolutely a tack driver.

Shooting from the bench (just my elbow support) I was getting 1" groups at ~100 yards.

I did not do so well at the Appleseed with it, but that ain't bench shooting and the heavy barrel combined with the standard (not extended) mag release cost me some points on missed opportunities when time ran out (fumble f**king mag changes) and standing shots with the heavier barrel were more difficult than when using the M&P 15-22 or the REM 597.

Great rifle though. Think I am going to build one just for Appleseed.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm

WLJ wrote:Actually I'm starting to get the impression I'm the only one in the forum that doesn't have a 10/22.
I don't have a 10/22 and don't plan to get one anytime soon. I too have a Marlin model 60 and a Marlin 717M2 carbine.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

10/22 capabilities

Post by etownguy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:45 pm

WLJ wrote:Actually I'm starting to get the impression I'm the only one in the forum that doesn't have a 10/22.
I have not joined the wagon either

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mudcat » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 pm

The rifles usually shoot much better than we do with them.
Seems like every time I take mine out to do some long range .22 shooting I get to the range and the wind is blowing so hard. Mine will hold 2" at 100 yards with just a sling for support, stock trigger, barrel and stock. My Savage SVSB will do slightly better. Both with cheap $45 Simmons 3x9 scopes and Blazer ammo.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Howdy Mudcat!
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by travisccook » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:43 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:The one I got from Coach is absolutely a tack driver.

Shooting from the bench (just my elbow support) I was getting 1" groups at ~100 yards.

I did not do so well at the Appleseed with it, but that ain't bench shooting and the heavy barrel combined with the standard (not extended) mag release cost me some points on missed opportunities when time ran out (fumble f**king mag changes) and standing shots with the heavier barrel were more difficult than when using the M&P 15-22 or the REM 597.

Any other recommendations for an Appleseed gun? I'm not necessarily building mine just for Appleseed, but preparing it for Appleseed defines the priority of my changes. Got a auto-bolt release, new mag release, and sling studs so far. Will have tech sights before the event. Building the gun primarily for Dorothy, I'm planning on using my 15-22; ordered two stubby mags for it to make prone shooting more betterer.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by burn360 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 pm

justang1997 wrote:I have a butler creek barrel also. With a hogue stock and I can punch some crazy small groups with it at 100 yards. I have popped spent 12ga shells at about 120yards at kcr. One time at 25 yards I put 5 rounds in a hole that was no joke too small to put a 9mm casing through.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
I was there when he did this and mine shoots better than his lol
Hard Core Wild Banshee Style!!!!!

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:39 am

travisccook wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:The one I got from Coach is absolutely a tack driver.

Any other recommendations for an Appleseed gun? I'm not necessarily building mine just for Appleseed, but preparing it for Appleseed defines the priority of my changes. Got a auto-bolt release, new mag release, and sling studs so far. Will have tech sights before the event. Building the gun primarily for Dorothy, I'm planning on using my 15-22; ordered two stubby mags for it to make prone shooting more betterer.

Sounds like you got about everything I would consider. Mudcat can chime in more better on that than me.

Think I am going to use the M&P 15-22 next time as well. I have been told that a stock Marlin 795 (the magazine fed version of the Model 60) is a great Appleseed gun. I still think I would want tech sights on it though.

g19

Post by g19 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 am

Man I love my 10/22 awesome awesome gun.

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mudcat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:15 am

ChopperDoc wrote:Howdy Mudcat!
Howdy back friend. Hope you and the family are well.

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mudcat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:32 am

travisccook wrote:
The addition of a Tuffer Buffer really helps a lot of people it just smooths out the rifle. Of course a GI web sling, you will be amazed at how stable your shooting position will be with the use of this simple add on. Tech sights are great but if you happen to have an astigmatism it is very difficult to over come during the rapid pace of an Appleseed weekend. I could not do it and my second shoot I ran a rifle with a low power scope. It takes a lot of work and practice for a person with an astigmatism to shoot well with iron sights. So you may want to put a low 3 or 4 power scope on it mounted as low as possible if either of you do.
I don't do much to triggers a good trigger squeeze will overcome a heavy gritty trigger and make the person a better shot in the end. Remember you are the one taking the instruction not the rifle. Sounds like you are ready for a shoot, which one are you going to attend?
I added a couple links below. Sorry about the thread jack.

http://www.tufferbuffer.com/
http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.co ... 10&cat_id=

The Marlin 795 is another great rifle I have seen many of them on the line with very few having any issues that could not be fixed with a little bit of research. Optics and rear tech sights fall of these rifles is the major culprit.

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by travisccook » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:56 am

Not sure on a date yet, will post up here when I figure out one that works schedule-wise :).
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:16 am

I dtill need to sit down and tune the trigger on mine. Lobe me some 10/22's though... I'm on my 3rd or 4th onr and always go back to them as my 22 of choice... Also getting really good at turning people on to them!

Return to “Rimfire Rifles”