Introduction

KAC announcements and new member intro threads!
Phil_Osophy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Introduction

Post by Phil_Osophy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Well, for starters, i think i may be the youngest person on this forum. Im 20.
I am a die hard libertarian.
I went to college for political science, but i backed out because i didnt want that kind of debt. I plan to return with my own funds.
I plan to become a police officer when i turn 21 (in february). Not sure which dept yet. Likely shively or jeffersontown. I currently work at a packing company as a team leader, full time.
My edc is a glock 23. I open carry it (thats my only legal way to carry until i turn 21). Thank god i dont live in a liberal shithole where that wouldnt be possible. I occasionally carry a para 1911. I prefer the 1911, but when im out and about, the simplicity and ammo capacity of the glock does it for me. When i get my ccdw, i will likely carry a 357 mag or 38 spl revolver.
I dont live with my parents (apparently most 20 yr olds do?)

Thats about all i can think of.....

Oh, and i love firearms (obviously).

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Introduction

Post by GeminiXD9 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Well welcome to the party! Glad to have you aboard
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Welcome to KAC! You may be the youngest (I take that back, I know of one younger) but not by much. Nice intro. Good luck becoming a LEO. There's a few on the site.

Also, if you like the capacity of the glock, why not get a g26/27 instead of the snubby???
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Phil_Osophy

Post by Phil_Osophy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Marcus wrote:Welcome to KAC! You may be the youngest (I take that back, I know of one younger) but not by much. Nice intro. Good luck becoming a LEO. There's a few on the site.

Also, if you like the capacity of the glock, why not get a g26/27 instead of the snubby???
Thanks. Im looking forward to doing my part in serving the community and upholding the constitution.

A couple reasons.
1) ive never held a g26/27, but i feel the grip will likely be close to the same thickness as my 23, making it harder to conceal. Ive attenpted to conceal my 23 (in my house, where legal, of course), and i find it extremely difficult to do so. Granted, i dont have a concealnent holster, so maybe i am wrong on all counts.

2) reliability. Revolvers are pretty much guaranteed to go bang every time. (Though im aware of casings jamming the cylinder). Itd be a huge ammo sacrifice for concealability and reliability, but im still fishing around for options.

I will be passing my training course with my glock, nonetheless. It was my first serious handgun. I have grown to be quite proficient with it in the aspect of marksmanship, and maintainence is easy (its a glock afterall).

I do like semi autos more, but according to stuff ive read (i know, domt believe everything you read), a revolver would be a good choice.
Other options i have considered are
1911, possibly a shorter model (easier to conceal than the glock, still less ammo)
XD (subcompact) - off topic, i love the full sized tactical XDs. Its like if a glock and a 1911 had a baby

Phil_Osophy

Post by Phil_Osophy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Marcus wrote:Welcome to KAC! You may be the youngest (I take that back, I know of one younger) but not by much. Nice intro. Good luck becoming a LEO. There's a few on the site.

Thanks. Im looking forward to doing my part in serving the community and upholding the constitution.

A couple reasons.
1) ive never held a g26/27, but i feel the grip will likely be close to the same thickness as my 23, making it harder to conceal. Ive attenpted to conceal my 23 (in my house, where legal, of course), and i find it extremely difficult to do so. Granted, i dont have a concealnent holster, so maybe i am wrong on all counts.

2) reliability. Revolvers are pretty much guaranteed to go bang every time. (Though im aware of casings jamming the cylinder). Itd be a huge ammo sacrifice for concealability and reliability, but im still fishing around for options.

I will be passing my training course with my glock, nonetheless. It was my first serious handgun. I have grown to be quite proficient with it in the aspect of marksmanship, and maintainence is easy (its a glock afterall).

I do like semi autos more, but according to stuff ive read (i know, domt believe everything you read), a revolver would be a good choice.
Other options i have considered are
1911, possibly a shorter model (easier to conceal than the glock, still less ammo)
XD (subcompact) - off topic, i love the full sized tactical XDs. Its like if a glock and a 1911 had a baby

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Welcome !!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Welcome aboard!

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Welcome!!!

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Welcome! I am finally a notch higher away from youngest aboard!
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Welcome. Hate to be a debby downer but it's still illegal to conceal a gun on your person in your own house without a Ccdw. Welcome to amerika comrad. Good luck on your LEO goals.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Phil_Osophy

Post by Phil_Osophy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 pm

justang1997 wrote:Welcome. Hate to be a debby downer but it's still illegal to conceal a gun on your person in your own house without a Ccdw. Welcome to amerika comrad. Good luck on your LEO goals.

To my understanding....

The open carry of a handgun is lawful except in certain restricted areas. It is unlawful to carry a concealed firearm on or about one's person. This does not apply to carrying a concealed firearm in one's own real property. A lessee of real property may carry concealed on the real property. Immediate family members may carry with permission of the property owner or lessee of real property. A business owner may carry concealed on real property owned or leased by the business. Also exempt from this prohibition are persons issued a license to carry concealed firearms, police officers, agents and messengers of express companies when on duty, and U.S. mail carriers on duty.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 pm

I like this guy...."i love the full sized tactical XDs. Its like if a glock and a 1911 had a baby"
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Thankyou. You are correct. Looks like that was passed July 12, 2012. I quit doing the ccdw classes so I'm not current.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Welcome

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Welcome.

Glad ya read over the KRS and are aware of them.

Revolvers are not a bad option, but if you are familiar with a Glock why not carry that? When comparing Pros / Cons I am betting that the pros come out on the side of the Glock (or other semi-auto).

I know folks that carry G19s IWB all day long with no issues. Appendix carry is probably the least likely to print, but since Kentucky is an OC state, printing here is not an issue, legally speaking.

Once you turn 21 get your CCDW course (several of us teach it) and then contact RWI (on here) or another reputable training course and get some time in some realistic scenarios carrying a revolver and a semi-auto and see what you prefer.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Phil_Osophy

Post by Phil_Osophy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Kentucky has been passing a lot of pro gun legislation in recent years. There was a senate bill that passed almost unanimously that "nullified" any new federal gun laws and made it illegal to enforce those laws. Thanks to the supremacy clause, those laws couldnt be valid.

But there is the law that prohibits public entities (like city hall) from banning firearm possession.

Phil_Osophy

Post by Phil_Osophy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:56 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:Welcome.

Revolvers are not a bad option, but if you are familiar with a Glock why not carry that? When comparing Pros / Cons I am betting that the pros come out on the side of the Glock (or other semi-auto).

I know folks that carry G19s IWB all day long with no issues. Appendix carry is probably the least likely to print, but since Kentucky is an OC state, printing here is not an issue, legally speaking.

Once you turn 21 get your CCDW course (several of us teach it) and then contact RWI (on here) or another reputable training course and get some time in some realistic scenarios carrying a revolver and a semi-auto and see what you prefer.
I didnt realize there were a lot of ccdw course instructors on here. Ill definitely get in contact when i come of age.

Ive only had a few revolvers and never got much range time with them. Im considering sticking with the glock, but although printing isnt an issue, i want to be as inconspicuous as possible. I dont want anyone to know i am carrying.

And yes, the law is very important to me. 1) i am a political scientist. 2) i am extremely passionate about the right to bear arms.

I came to a realization one day (may go into details later) that i needed to be armed at all times possible. Ever since then, i have studied the gun laws of the state.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 am

Welcome to KAC...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:33 am

Welcome to the forum

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:51 am

Welcome to KAC

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:10 am

welcome
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:12 am

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by kyswede » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:28 am

Welcome to KAC. You will like it here.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:40 am

ChopperDoc wrote:Welcome.

Jerry Michilek just won the IDPA backup gun nationals with a revolver by a pretty fair amount. So a revolver is definitely still a legit option. I definitely understand no one in the world is as fast as Jerry with a revolver, just putting a little revolver love out there...haha

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Welcome
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Return to “Announcements/ Introductions”