Need some help arsenal trigger pin hole egg shaped

The AK-47 and all variants therein.
gaston_kalash
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Need some help arsenal trigger pin hole egg shaped

Post by gaston_kalash » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:13 pm

I noticed today that my trigger pin hole is started to turn oval. Is this normal or should I contact kvar? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is a arsenal slr 104 ur with around 1,000 rounds through it. I bought it brand new and currently waiting on a form 1.

Also when I got it it also looked like the top cover is canted. You can see on the bolt carrier right above the charging handle the top cover rubs.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1398021016227.jpg
SI JE PUIS

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Need some help arsenal trigger pin hole egg shaped

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:33 pm

You have a issue with Arsenal USA, not Kvar

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:42 pm

guncrank1 wrote:You have a issue with Arsenal USA, not Kvar
I thought they was one and the same. Either way your saying I need to contact them?

SI JE PUIS

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:58 pm

gaston_kalash wrote:
I thought they was one and the same. Either way your saying I need to contact them?

KVAR is distributor/dealer for Arsenal

Contact Arsenal

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:19 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
gaston_kalash wrote:

KVAR is distributor/dealer for Arsenal

Contact Arsenal
OK thanks

SI JE PUIS

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Fri May 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Here's a follow up with my arsenal. After contacting arsenal with this issue they took the rifle back on warranty. Bad news is there sending me a brand new rifle which will conflict with my form 1. I guise I will have to cancel it since the serial numbers will be different now. Sad day: (

SI JE PUIS

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Fri May 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Here in a week or so keep an eye out for a brand new arsenal in the classifieds because I'm not going through the wait again.

SI JE PUIS

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:33 pm

gaston_kalash wrote:Here's a follow up with my arsenal. After contacting arsenal with this issue they took the rifle back on warranty. Bad news is there sending me a brand new rifle which will conflict with my form 1. I guise I will have to cancel it since the serial numbers will be different now. Sad day: (

Tell arsenal that you need them to use the same serial number

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Fri May 16, 2014 5:34 pm

guncrank1 wrote:
gaston_kalash wrote:Here's a follow up with my arsenal. After contacting arsenal with this issue they took the rifle back on warranty. Bad news is there sending me a brand new rifle which will conflict with my form 1. I guise I will have to cancel it since the serial numbers will be different now. Sad day: (

Tell arsenal that you need them to use the same serial number
they said they had to give me a new gun which already has a serial number so I don't think its possible.

SI JE PUIS

mike@meridian

Post by mike@meridian » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Just to chime here, I see several options that don't require you to get a new rifle and thus a new serial from Arsenal. The first two are the easy fixes, the third option is the professional fix: 1) Drive on. The axis pin hole is not egged enough to impact function. If it is, there is likely another fitment issue going on with your FCG -- have it looked at by a qualified armorer if this develops into a function issue. Proper heat-treat will not allow for egging axis pin holes, unless we are talking post-samples with tens of thousands of rounds under bad conditions or poor-to-zero PM. 2) Use a an over-sized axis pin. Any machinist with a bench lathe should be able to turn a pin several thousandths oversize. Ream the axis pin hole and trigger/disconnector, fit and install new pin. Lastly 3) Have the hole welded, ground, drilled and reamed to the correct size. This will require refinishing the rifle -- which has the added benefit of REFINISHING THE RIFLE... Since Arsenal rifles have notoriously poor "squid ink" factory finish that will run and drip upon contact with acetone, thinners or even moderately strong solvents. I've done dozens of Arsenal AKs due to this. In any case, enjoy your new rifle and best of luck on your Form 1 endeavor.
Meridian Ordnance LLC
07/02 SOT Gunsmithing, Refinishing & Sales
http://www.meridianordnance.com
Find us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/meridianordnance

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:45 pm

mike@meridian wrote:Just to chime here, I see several options that don't require you to get a new rifle and thus a new serial from Arsenal. The first two are the easy fixes, the third option is the professional fix: 1) Drive on. The axis pin hole is not egged enough to impact function. If it is, there is likely another fitment issue going on with your FCG -- have it looked at by a qualified armorer if this develops into a function issue. Proper heat-treat will not allow for egging axis pin holes, unless we are talking post-samples with tens of thousands of rounds under bad conditions or poor-to-zero PM. 2) Use a an over-sized axis pin. Any machinist with a bench lathe should be able to turn a pin several thousandths oversize. Ream the axis pin hole and trigger/disconnector, fit and install new pin. Lastly 3) Have the hole welded, ground, drilled and reamed to the correct size. This will require refinishing the rifle -- which has the added benefit of REFINISHING THE RIFLE... Since Arsenal rifles have notoriously poor "squid ink" factory finish that will run and drip upon contact with acetone, thinners or even moderately strong solvents. I've done dozens of Arsenal AKs due to this. In any case, enjoy your new rifle and best of luck on your Form 1 endeavor.
thanks for the input but arsenal already sent me a new ak and I've already traded it off.

SI JE PUIS

Return to “AK-47”