KY Food-Stamps to be reduced.

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

KY Food-Stamps to be reduced.

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Ken­tuck­y res­i­dents depending on gov­ern­ment ben­e­fits to buy gro­ceries will have less money to spend begin­ning Novem­ber 1. Time is run­ning out on the 2009 Recov­ery Act’s tem­po­rary boost to Sup­ple­men­tal Nutri­tion Assis­tance Pro­gram ben­e­fits which are com­monly known as food stamps. The USDA says more than 875,000 Ken­tuck­ians par­tic­i­pated in the pro­gram in May. Accord­ing to the Cen­ter on Bud­get and Pol­icy Pri­or­i­ties, the cuts would likely trans­late into $29 a month for a fam­ily of three and $36 a month for a fam­ily of four. The total cuts are esti­mated to save the gov­ern­ment $5 bil­lion in fis­cal year 2014.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: KY Food-Stamps to be reduced.

Post by Niceguy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:58 pm

The bitch is it will only hurt the people with just a kid or two, working but struggling to get by. Not the worthless f&€ks that have 10 kids, no baby daddy's around and not taking care of their kids anyway...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Wait for it

You know it's coming

Another Obama speech about how we need to be more compassionate (aka spend more money) and how it's all the conservatives fault.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Sad thing is, the guy who worked as a millwright for 12 years that just lost his job will suffer as well as his family, but the people who have been on this system for years that are able to work need to get off their ass and find a job! I found 2 jobs when I was laid off in 2009 and never sucked off the govt tit. They weren't the jobs I wanted but they paid the bills.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Don't be fooled into thinking this is a lot of a cut. I knew a girl with 2 kids and they got around $300 a month in just food stamps. When its all said and done with food stamps, section 8, free phones, free health care etc then I make $30,000 a year less than someone that's unemployed. I don't have kids now but I always had gf's with kids before my wife now and $300 was more than enough to feed them.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:54 pm

I mean we are just talking about a $26-$39 amount cut.
No-body is gonna starve with one less porter house steak or one less lobster for the month.
It's gonna be bad when the gravy train comes to a full halt.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Just means less steaks and seafood on the black market to pay for cigarettes and drugs.
:llama:

Shineybore
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Shineybore » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:38 am

I know some people really need it, but it burns my ass to be behind a woman with more gold on than Mr.T, $300 Coach purse, nails freshly done and the latest cell phone. Then when I come out she's unloading all that free shit into the back of a brand new Chevy Tahoe. Aggravating to say the least.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”