Kel-Tec PMR-30

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
Liberty4Ever
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Kel-Tec PMR-30

Post by Liberty4Ever » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 pm

My latest pistola! The Kel-Tec PMR-30 is a very slim and ultralight standard sized pistol with a capacity of 30+1 rounds of .22 magnum.

It's a lot of fun to shoot!

I was a bit skeptical of .22 WMR in a pistol, and admittedly the performance suffers compared to a rifle, but it's definitely more punchy than a .22 LR pistol. For most ammo, it's close to .22 LR from a rifle. There's little felt recoil and it's easy to stay on target for very fast follow-up shots. There is a decent muzzle flash, and it's loud for a rimfire.

30 rounds is an insane capacity in a standard sized pistol, and given the speed of the follow-up shots, this could be surprisingly effective as a self defense pistol, particularly for people with arthritis or some similar condition.

That's a Crimson Trace CMR-201 laser on the rail, for the ultimate point and click interface.

The PMR-30 fits most Glock 17 mags. It weighs 19 ounces with 30 rounds of ammo in the magazine.

The RMR-30 carbine version is expected in a few months. It'll have a collapsible stock, and will sort of be a poor man's HK MP7.
Buy rice. Buy beans. Buy guns. Buy ammo.
This is your final SHTF warning!

Lincoln Arms

Re: Kel-Tec PMR-30

Post by Lincoln Arms » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Nice Piece. I've been waiting for a while to get some in. Hope you didn't have to over pay. Ladies and Gentlemen, the most hard to get handgun in America.

Liberty4Ever

Post by Liberty4Ever » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:07 am

Lincoln Arms wrote:Hope you didn't have to over pay.
I wanted to pay $300, but I paid $400, which stings, but not nearly as much as paying $500 on GunBroker.

I guess, if you wanna play, you gotta pay.

Any time Kel-Tec firearms are mentioned online, there is an inevitable bashing because they're unavailable at any reasonable price. It's the down side of market economics. When the supply doesn't meet demand, the price adjusts upward until the supply and demand equilibrium is restored.

Many gun manufacturers don't have much inventory lately and as gun sales ramp up again (it tracks elections in the US), the manufacturers have long lead time back orders. Kel-Tec never had inventories. They've always shipped stuff as fast as they could make it, and everything is always back ordered. It's a good problem to have as a manufacturer. It's not such a good problem for distributors, dealers, or customers.

Kel-Tec is slowly ramping up production, probably because of all of the complaints they get at SHOT Show and the calls and emails they receive. It's still not fast enough to catch up to the increasing demand. I think they're hoping not to fall farther behind the supply/demand curve.
Buy rice. Buy beans. Buy guns. Buy ammo.
This is your final SHTF warning!

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:13 pm

keltec does not have many employees and they are always working hard to try to keep up but the demand for a low cost effective weapon is there and keltec fits the bill with the p seiries
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”