AR15 and Blanks

The black rifle we all love. All variants welcome. 223/556 300 BLK, 762, 50, AR pistols.... Bring it.
Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

AR15 and Blanks

Post by Next » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Talking with someone with the American Legion and they were asking me about Blank adaptors and blanks to shoot for a 21 gun salute. I have never tried blanks in my AR15.

What are the in's and out's with shooting blanks in an AR?

Where would you get the adapters and blanks? (5.56)

DDgunslinger
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: AR15 and Blanks

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Next wrote:Talking with someone with the American Legion and they were asking me about Blank adaptors and blanks to shoot for a 21 gun salute. I have never tried blanks in my AR15.

Firing blanks don't hurt anything, they are just dirty as hell. Firing 100 blanks is like firing 500rds of wolf through your weapon lmao. Other than that they are fine.

I've seen blanks and BFAs at army surplus stores, flea markets, and gun shows. Hell I have a couple BFA's laying around house somewhere.

Armyastro

Post by Armyastro » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Next wrote:Talking with someone with the American Legion and they were asking me about Blank adaptors and blanks to shoot for a 21 gun salute. I have never tried blanks in my AR15.

They shoot fine and cycle fine if you have the right adapter for the right one, yellow clamp on for the a2 style flash is normally used on the shorter ar's (m4 style) and red on longer ar's (m16 style) if you are using it for a dedicated 21 gun weapon, then get an adapter that you cant see, the big yellow or red on the end is ugly and the pictures taken while giving honors will be seen and they dont want something taking the focus off the actual funeral. get an adapter that you remove the a2 flash and drop in and then screw the flash back on, just make sure that it is put in and taken out when used, you dont want to shoot a full metal jacket down it.
http://www.mooremilitaria.com/prod03.htm

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

AR15 and Blanks

Post by ssracer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Blanks = RWI malfunction drills
Lol

That's the only time I've ever used them

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:01 pm

I have seen people load their own using like a tissue paper looking wadding
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks I like that you don't see the red thing on the muzzle

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 pm

I have a few i think in the closet. If interested, shoot me a PM if you cant find em local.

Armyastro

Post by Armyastro » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:10 pm

how many rifleman? 7? when you do the 7 man 3 shot volley, it is part of the process to pull the charging handle (usually done with m14) and chamber a new round, you actually dont need a blank adapter if you do it to the honor guard or army traditions, you shoulder, fire, inspection arms (without chamber look), pull charging handle, shoulder fire ect, the blank adapter is used for the holding back of the charge pressure to cycle the rifle and rechamber a round, with an adapter and then charging you would need 2x the rounds to make it work and you also will see a spent round fly, then charge and throw a good round. just use the AR like normal, fire, the round wont eject, then pull handle ect, looks better and it wont make your AR that dirty because the carbon is expelled.also, hand polish the rounds, then have a rag handy, pick up the brass and wipe off, then tuck them into the flag if given or into one of the white gloves the rifleman are wearing, then give to the family receiving, so in short, dont need one at all, (i used to have to do honor guard on active duty) example of the actions
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tcbikerguy6

Post by tcbikerguy6 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:22 am

If I had an AR and some blanks I would have to try one of these:

http://slickguns.com/product/ar15-golf- ... -fsss-2304

Armyastro

Post by Armyastro » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:02 am

tcbikerguy6 wrote:If I had an AR and some blanks I would have to try one of these:

http://slickguns.com/product/ar15-golf- ... -fsss-2304
there was one at the last shoot i was at, it was the charity shoot not this last one

Return to “AR-15”