New bullet. Check website, watch videos. Discuss.

Ammo talk and ammo related topics
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: New bullet. Check website, watch videos. Discuss.

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:21 am

Bigcat wrote:the jeans represent interior upholstery and/or padding on the door panel , and , the board is similar to a interior door panel backing , the metal is the skin and or internal braces.

I don't understand what you want me to do, the RIP performed in a manner in which you want a bullet to when encountering a hard barrier, the jacketed bullets didn't. you want me to Dumb down the test so the jacketed bullets succeed? what is the point of that?

Okay, so you just proved that a solid bullet retains more of its mass through tough barriers than a jacketed bullet. Congratulations on verifying what has been known for years. I did not ask you to 'dumb down' the test, I just questioned your barriers and medium. FBI testing sets up the following for acceptable results though car doors:

- 2 pieces of 20 gauge hot rolled, galvanized steel to simulate a car door.
- 4 layers of clothing over properly calibrated gelatin to simulate heavy clothing
- Result should be 12-18" penetration, uniform penetration, high bullet weight retention and 1.5 times caliber expansion.

It is interesting to note that these rounds do not come apart in things other than soft tissue. Very interesting. But it does not make up for it's lackluster terminal performance otherwise (shooting through cars would be statistically rare for most of us) and absolutely does not justify the cost, at least not to me. Gel testing shows acceptable penetration with a permanent wound channel as effective as a 22LR. If you are a baller and have the bones to be throwing at those rounds to carry and train with, go for it.

I would not want to be hit with that.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Re: New bullet. Check website, watch videos. Discuss.

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:12 am

I would probably just throw rocks then read through all this again

:llama:

Return to “Ammo”