Life in a small town...

Forum for concealed carry questions, classes, tips, and tricks.
KYGlassman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Life in a small town...

Post by KYGlassman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:52 am

It's been a crazy ride here in Cadiz. We had a bank robbery one day and a few days later some long time family friends were murdered. I'm sure most of you heard about the quadruple murder here. Growing up here we didn't even lock the doors to our homes. Those days are over.

The Champions were long time family friends. My grandparents and my great grandmother lived next door to them all my life until they passed. My cousin live right across the road. I grew up spending much of my time at my grandparents. They were really good people and our little community is torn up over the tragedy. My oldest and I got home Sunday from camping for three days with some other fathers/sons over at LBL for the youth quota deer hunt and I had all these messages waiting for me once I got signal again on my phone. It was just unbelievable at first.

Mr. Champion was a rather serious gun collector and I'm surprised he was not armed. If he was perhaps he just didn't have time to react. I don't know.

As far as I know the robber of the bank hasn't been caught. The details surrounding the murders are verky sketchy but I won't get into spreading the rumors. One thing is for sure, it was yet another affirmation this week that the decision to carry a concealed weapon ALL THE TIME was the correct decision. You just never know when or where something will happen. It may not be when you're on the wrong side of town or somewhere unfamiliar. Potential harm can be waiting for you at your own home when you get home from church one day, like it happened here just this week.

TC

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Life in a small town...

Post by Toddstang » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:56 am

You're not safe anywhere anymore.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:11 pm

Sad, but true.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:43 pm

No such thing as a safe place, only less likely
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:49 pm

Small towns never were as safe as people like to remember them being, many of the old time crooks preferred knocking off banks in small towns, less police and traffic to fight which made it easier to be gone in a flash with a min of fuss. Actually when you look at crime per population many small towns can be statistically scary
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:09 pm

True, WLJ. In the relatively small town I graduated in three people that graduated when I was a freshman or sophomore abducted, murdered, then dismembered a student I graduated with. Two of the killers were friends of friends I had hung out with before, and I had known the victim since 6th or 7th grade. My graduating class was 108 or so, the first class over 100. The victim was a complete shithead, for the record.

Anything can happen, anywhere.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:16 pm

Our County was rated as the safest in the state. There is not much crime here and every other person seems to be carrying anyway in case their was. I hope it stays that way but growth brings problems.

Return to “Concealed Carry”