It's here!!!

Forum for concealed carry questions, classes, tips, and tricks.
KYGlassman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

It's here!!!

Post by KYGlassman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:40 am

Right on my birthday I get my CCDW from the sheriff and started carrying conealed everywhere I go. I'm finally getting to break in this crossbreed holster and I gotta say I barely notice the thing. I notice the weight of the full size 1911 from time to time but in just a few days I almost don't notice it's there...but it always is and always will be.

Funny enough one of my fellow coaches on the 4H shooting team is married to a rather wonderful lady who wasy carrying concealed before he was. She recognized and commented on my Crossbreed right away. She also pointed out to me that I can tuck my shirt into the holster. I had totally forgotten!!!

I just gotta find a way to mount some holsters in my vehicles now.

yagreg
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times

Re: It's here!!!

Post by yagreg » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:47 am

Congratulations!!!

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:50 am

Congrats

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:51 am

Congratulations!!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:56 am

Way to go! Thankfully my Georgia CWL is not contingent on my residency, so I'm gtg for another 4 years
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:56 am

Congrats!

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:03 am

Congrats KYGM
No more of them d's at a gunshop!!

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Congrats KYGM
Why are you giving him the D at the gun shop Cranky?

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:18 pm

rustynuts wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:Congrats KYGM
Why are you giving him the D at the gun shop Cranky?
You may PM KGM for a explanation or he may choose to do so here.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:24 pm

On second thought, I probably don't wanna know.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:35 pm

rustynuts wrote:On second thought, I probably don't wanna know :llama: .
You forgot the :llama: at the end

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:08 pm

Happy Birthday and Halloween.
Good move getting a ccdw, I like the crossbreed too, but I carry a lighter gun than the 1911, I get plumbers but easy enough with the plastic gun. LOL If you ever want a close fitting owb holster, the best I've found is Raven Phantom, but I see clones that are cheaper, just cant vouch for them. Companies sell specific stuff for car holsters but I like to tinker in the shop, and really like to modify the mount, on the blackhawk serpa holsters w push button lock. I have mounted these in a few different vehicles over time, some even upside down and no worries if a short stop or midland crash will jar the pistol loose, as opposed to stuffing a gun in the crease of car seats. (ps. these can be used w G-Code Holster co. mounting hardware, or just screwem to something permanent wise).
I leave home once in a blue moon without a pistol, usually a post office visit or to doctor, and always feel bare ass/unprepared. We need more good guys with a gun, everywhere, everyday.

KYGlassman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYGlassman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Oh, I have the plumbers butt too. I learned to wear suspenders over the last few months. Without them and this ultra thick leather belt I could never keep the 1911 where it should be.

I'm planning to tinker around a bit myself and find a way to mount holsters in my work van, truck and Jeep. I want it right at my fingertips not buried behind my gut in the seat if I need it. Those are some good ideas I might try.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:28 pm

Congrats
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

z1166

Post by z1166 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:22 am

PDM wrote:Way to go! Thankfully my Georgia CWL is not contingent on my residency, so I'm gtg for another 4 years
Curious if you registered your GA CWL with your county sheriff's office within 120 days of establishing residency here. See Section B below. I actually have a valid CHL from Texas but failed to follow the instructions of section B, which was the real catalyst for me getting the CCDW. I was planning on doing it anyway to learn the laws, but that KRS section accelerated my schedule.

KRS 237.110

(20)

(a) A person who is not a resident of Kentucky and who has a valid license issued by another state of the United States to carry a concealed deadly weapon in that state may, subject to provisions of Kentucky law, carry a concealed deadly weapon in Kentucky, and his or her license shall be considered as valid in Kentucky.

(b) If a person with a valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon issued from another state that has entered into a reciprocity agreement with the Department of Kentucky State Police becomes a resident of Kentucky, the license issued by the other state shall be considered as valid for the first one hundred twenty (120) days of the person's residence in Kentucky, if within sixty (60) days of moving to Kentucky, the person completes a form promulgated by the Department of Kentucky State Police which shall include:
1. A signed and notarized statement averring that to the best of his or her knowledge the person's license to carry a concealed deadly weapon is valid and in compliance with applicable out-of-state law, and has not been revoked or suspended for any reason except for valid forfeiture due to departure from the issuing state;
2. The person's name, date of birth, citizenship, gender, Social Security number if applicable, proof that he or she is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident of the United States, or otherwise lawfully present in the United States, former out-of-state address, current address within the state of Kentucky, date on which Kentucky residence began, state which issued the concealed carry license, the issuing state's concealed carry license number, and the state of issuance of license; and
3. A photocopy of the person's out-of-state license to carry a concealed deadly weapon.
(c) Within sixty (60) days of moving to Kentucky, the person shall deliver the form and accompanying documents by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address indicated on the form provided by the Department of Kentucky State Police pursuant to this subsection.
(d) The out-of-state concealed carry license shall become invalid in Kentucky upon the earlier of:
1. The out-of-state person having resided in Kentucky for more than one hundred twenty (120) days; or
2. The person being issued a Kentucky concealed deadly weapon license pursuant to this section.

Return to “Concealed Carry”