Situational Awareness

Forum for concealed carry questions, classes, tips, and tricks.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Situational Awareness

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 pm

From a FB page I follow:

https://www.facebook.com/NoHomeInvasion

Well, its been just over 2 years since OUR home invasion. Tonight we went out to eat dinner at the same place, at about the same time. So when we were coming home, we got a little nervous. My wife now checks the video on her Ipad and I pull my gun from the console. My wife looks for the "dogs" to see where they are in around the house, and if they are "comfortable" or disturbed. I flash all around the house with the headlights of the car, scanning all the bushes, etc.

You see that frightful night, they were hiding in the bushes. Two armed criminals with masks. The dog was raising cane and I just assumed she had a rabbit pinned in the bushes. When they jumped us 5 seconds from exiting the car and put a gun to my 7 year old daughters head, from that point on, no security measures mattered. No gun in a compartment could be reached. As instructed, "I" unlocked the door, "I" turned off the security alarm, "I" opened the safe, "I" packed the safe, "I" loaded the bags into MY car, "I" gave them the keys, "I" showed them where the video dvr was so they could unhook it and take it with them. I took a horrible beating too. Thankfully, my family and I are still alive to tell the story.

You see, having a GUN, a dog, an alarm, video dvr, or all the above isn't enough. Step ONE: is conscious awareness of your surroundings...ALWAYS. - Mac
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Return to “Concealed Carry”