Pawn shops

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Pawn shops

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:40 am

What pawn shops do you guys/gals like to visit?
Mostly looking for louisville area myself ;)

P.S. Gun related shops!

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Pawn shops

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 am

I rarely find good deals in the ones around Jeffersontown any more.

I guess they have found a bunch of folks that assume because it is in a pawn shop it is a good deal.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:48 am

ChopperDoc wrote:I rarely find good deals in the ones around Jeffersontown any more.

I guess they have found a bunch of folks that assume because it is in a pawn shop it is a good deal.
You mean like them wanting $500 for a scratched up Bersa 380?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 am

The ones around here Ive found some damn good deals in....actually going to hit them all friday before I make a purchase from a gun shop on the odd chance they have what im in the market for...dont have very high hopes for this one tho

Sent from a methlab using Obamaphone
WLJ wrote:Keep logic out of this
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Livewire wrote:Pretty sure it's because you're not hitting her enough.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 am

WLJ wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:I rarely find good deals in the ones around Jeffersontown any more.

You mean like them wanting $500 for a scratched up Bersa 380?

Yeah or $450 for a used Benelli Super Nova without the extra chokes and stuff that it comes new. That was very close to the new price MSRP at the time.

Or the DPMS Sportical on the rack for $1200. I had to laugh and say something on that one. I told them you do realize that is more than the MSRP new?" He just put it back on the rack and said "Someone will buy it".

They don't like you to field strip the gun and I can imagine that returns are not going to happen, so if I did find a deal in one of these shady places it very likely could turn into "not a deal" very easily.

nah, I really don't waste my time around here anymore by even going in. Maybe there are places where there are some deals to be had and the sales crew are not shysters.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Looksdeadtome

Post by Looksdeadtome » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I give up on the pawn shops, they ask retail on almost everything these days.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 pm

I go to Bullitt county pawn. Craig amd his goons do right by me
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Return to “Everything Else”