Any good pawn shops for guns in the Louisville area?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Just trying to widen the buying field.
I've never been a pawn shop person and the few I have been in the past I saw nothing but overpriced junk.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Any good pawn shops for guns in the Louisville area?

Post by mtchbrian » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Bullitt County Pawn in Hillview has decent stock. everyonce in a while has gets some cool stuff in. he also can order what ever you want. not sure how those prices compare but he's worth checking out
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Ian » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm

http://www.deal4it.com/

I found this from troving around local pawn shops, from what I was told this is all the mister money pawn shops nation wide. You can bid or just browse everyone they currently have out.

Make sure you click on your region and when you find something you like make sure you scroll down to see the address and see where its at. I kept finding things I was interested in and then when I would look down it would be like colorado or something stupid.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:16 pm

That Sharpmart is a pawn shop I think.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:37 am

KYgundude wrote:That Sharpmart is a pawn shop I think.
No

Shineybore
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Shineybore » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:07 am

I've never had much luck with guns in the Louisville area. Most want new prices for used guns. My favorite find was a Ruger Mark I .22 pistol that looked like it was a Civil War relic dug up from the battlefield. They wanted 299.99 for it with one mag. I asked if he was serious and you thought I told him I was gonna rob the place! There is one on Preston Hwy I want to say its a Mister Money, but it's down around the Preston and Gilmore area across the street from Hancock Fabrics on the Bob Evans side. They had some high quality pistols like Kimbers, Sigs, and Springfield's. I asked about his prices and he said cash is king. It's been awhile since I've been to that one but he had by far the nicest selection of pistols I've seen at a pawn shop.

If you have a day and want a little trip, Radcliff has the best selections of guns I've seen. Mostly rifles and shot guns. Just look to the right starting down Dixie after you pass the Gold Vault drive till you hit Hardin Memorial Hospital then cross over and head back and do the same till you pass the the Gold Vault again I bet you'll stop at 8 to 10 pawn shops.

I get most of my tools from pawn shops. Never pay ticket price. I'm sure you know that.
Happy hunting.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 am

Sharp mart is not a pawn shop they just sell stuff. However they are owned by the dans pawn that they are connected too. So the pawn side buys stuff and they sell it thru sharp Mart.

pturner40215

Post by pturner40215 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:13 am

SharpMart is owned by Dan's pawn, and they have another Dan's location in Lexington (Same stuff, just no "SharpMart" sign). If you go there (Louisville), Talk to Tom or Dave, They're good guys.... Some of their prices are a stretch, but they also offer 9 month layaway without fees so... it kind of goes hand in hand...And if they don't have it in stock, they can and will order it for you or tell you where to find it.

There are a few more around the Bardstown RD area that are decent, and one or two near Hikes Lane that aren't too bad off either...

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:20 am

Never seen anything but overpriced stuff for the last few years around Louisville. Once upon a time a deal could be had and I made a few, but now guns are like gold and everyone on the pawn shop shelf, even the junk, is priced that way. Some fools pay it, or it would not be priced so.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:14 pm

pawn shop gun deals in Louisville are looooooong gone. As everyone has said, every one I've been to sells beat-up, hard use-used guns for NEW gun retail price, and sometimes higher than a new gun price.

As a burglary detective, I was in the pawn shops on a daily basis getting stolen property back. I would always look at their guns while I was in them. The only deal I ever found was at Cash America at Hikes and Breck- a Colt Police Positive 4 inch .38 spl made in 1948 that he let me have for what they paid- he said he didn't want some idiot who didn't know what its value was getting it.

Other than that, you see 10/22's for $299....Rem 870's for $450, etc...

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Stewarts on broadway has a decent selection of stuff that is usually over priced but every once in a while you come across a good deal. It's not far from my house so I will stop in and look every now and then.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:45 pm

kokopelli wrote:The only deal I ever found was at Cash America at Hikes and Breck
Last few times I was there they had the same Ruger P95 used for 329 or 338 bucks. 111 sells em new for 319 or 329.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:00 pm

I have found one good deal at deprez and I carry it daily
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 pm

There was one I walked into on Preston, can't remember the name right now, but they wanted $500 for Bersa 380s. I left a vapor trail going out the door.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

AErrorist

Post by AErrorist » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:10 pm

I picked up a G32 from Deprez for $300 even. The trick is to check often. My room mate has snagged a few good deals because at least once a week he just drives around looking.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Sharp mart has good prices on magpul. Best in town on that stuff.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:07 pm

I scored a mint G17 for $420 out the door at Bullitt County pawn shop
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

Return to “Everything Else”