VIPs at NRA 2016

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

VIPs at NRA 2016

Post by guncrank1 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:36 pm

Meet James Yager

Mrs Cranky thought he was kind of a dick head for some reason....

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Re: VIPs at NRA 2016

Post by Dave1965 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:39 pm

I don't even know who he is

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:01 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Meet James Yager

Was probably the nicest guy in the building, truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Matt Hughes
Larry Vickers
Ben (Mookie) from Spikes Tactical
James Yeager
Jacob from Century Arms
Dakota from SOE
Jim Scouten and son can't recall name now from Shooting USA
Michael Taylor (owner of Keybar)
R. Lee Ermey
Michael Bane from Best Defense
Eric and Chadfrom Iraqvet8888

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun May 22, 2016 10:47 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:Meet James Yager

Was probably the nicest guy in the building, truth.

Ran into him early on Friday. He was friendly.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

RedRocker
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by RedRocker » Sun May 22, 2016 10:50 pm

I don't know his god given name, but I met hickock45, well known in the youtube world. Super nice guy. Ted Nugent was supposedly there today also, although I didn't see him.
Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:02 pm

oh internet personality

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sun May 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Yager is a nice guy, the internet is a piss poor means of human interaction.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Mon May 23, 2016 9:38 am

Being the Revolver Queen, how could i not get out of there without meeting Jerry Miculek? Got a photo and autograph. Nice guy and a hell of a shooter!
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 57 times

VIPs at NRA 2016

Post by ssracer » Mon May 23, 2016 9:49 am

TacTissy was the only one I got a chance to actually get a pic with. Got pictures of James Yeager, Ted Nugent, Jesse James, R. Lee Ermery, and Larry Vickers. Got a signed pic from Michelle Viscusi.

Saw a couple of the guys from sons of guns at the show.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Mon May 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Met a bunch, passed on Larry Vickers. I think he is a stuck up dip shit. His tirade with Ruger earlier this year proved that with his "Do you know who I am" BS.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon May 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Toddstang wrote:Met a bunch, passed on Larry Vickers. I think he is a stuck up dip shit. His tirade with Ruger earlier this year proved that with his "Do you know who I am" BS.
He actually seemed pretty normal and chill to me. Wayne and I were oogling the new MP5 pistol and talking about it when someone joined the conversation with a couple of comments. Looked over and it was Vickers just being a normal guy talking guns.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:37 pm

Toddstang wrote:Met a bunch, passed on Larry Vickers. I think he is a stuck up dip shit. His tirade with Ruger earlier this year proved that with his "Do you know who I am" BS.

You do know that Bill Ruger was for the AWB right?

This excerpt says it better than I ever could. I still own Ruger products but I still remember what the company did. Yes I know he is gone now. It wasn't coincidence that the AWB and even more recent bans lean to 10 rounds. Wonder why his pistols only held up to 10 rounds?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
He was filmed on television news with Tom Brokaw and said:
"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun." [Even though nearly all cops carry more than 10 rounds to defend their own lives -- as our hired servants.]
and "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round mags or my folding stock."and then said "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."

This TV interview was used (with Bill Ruger's written permission) over and over again to rub our faces in the fact that:
"Even a gun manufacturer thinks gun control is good."

Need more proof? The following is an excerpt from the March 30, 1989 letter Bill Ruger sent to every member of Congress. It is in the Congressional Record and has been reprinted in several newspapers and magazines.
"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines.

"By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item.

"A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger
Sturm, Ruger Firearms
[This letter was taken from the American Handgunner magazine, dated Sept 1992 page 18.]

Bill Ruger is the epitome of a hypocrite and is queen of the "Anti Whores". He is a greedy old bastard and an enemy of freedom loving Americans. Bill Ruger and Sturm Ruger Firearms products should be chastised and disdained.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:45 pm

ssracer wrote:TacTissy was the only one I got a chance to actually get a pic with. Got pictures of James Yeager, Ted Nugent, Jesse James, R. Lee Ermery, and Larry Vickers. Got a signed pic from Michelle Viscusi.

Saw a couple of the guys from sons of guns at the show.
Saw those sons guys to I forgot about.

Bama

Post by Bama » Mon May 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Vickers was cool as shit with myself and 9mil.
Joe and Charlie with Aklys Defense are always down to earth guys.
Passed by Yeager, The Gun Collective guys, and a couple others due to crowds around them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Dave1965 wrote:

You do know that Bill Ruger was for the AWB right?

This excerpt says it better than I ever could. I still own Ruger products but I still remember what the company did. Yes I know he is gone now. It wasn't coincidence that the AWB and even more recent bans lean to 10 rounds. Wonder why his pistols only held up to 10 rounds?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
He was filmed on television news with Tom Brokaw and said:
"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun." [Even though nearly all cops carry more than 10 rounds to defend their own lives -- as our hired servants.]
and "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round mags or my folding stock."and then said "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."

This TV interview was used (with Bill Ruger's written permission) over and over again to rub our faces in the fact that:
"Even a gun manufacturer thinks gun control is good."

Need more proof? The following is an excerpt from the March 30, 1989 letter Bill Ruger sent to every member of Congress. It is in the Congressional Record and has been reprinted in several newspapers and magazines.
"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines.

"By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item.

"A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger
Sturm, Ruger Firearms
[This letter was taken from the American Handgunner magazine, dated Sept 1992 page 18.]

Bill Ruger is the epitome of a hypocrite and is queen of the "Anti Whores". He is a greedy old bastard and an enemy of freedom loving Americans. Bill Ruger and Sturm Ruger Firearms products should be chastised and disdained.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Nothing to do with Bill, he's dead. Vickers was pissed because the Ruger workers told him to GTFO at the shot show. They did not know or cared who he was and he did mad tweets because his butt hole hurt.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:18 pm

I was selling autograph photos for $15 apiece till I saw them on eBay the same day for $25. Greedy bastards...

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon May 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Bama wrote:Vickers was cool as shit with myself and 9mil.
Passed by Yeager, The Gun Collective guys, and a couple others due to crowds around them.

I was looking for the Gun Collective dudes. I have been watching that channel quite a bit lately.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:

I was looking for the Gun Collective dudes. I have been watching that channel quite a bit lately.
same here. Them and Mac, never saw any of them

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon May 23, 2016 6:13 pm

ssracer wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:

I talked to the guy from the MAC YouTube channel almost as soon as I got there for a few minutes. He is a big boy. Pretty laid back. Told him that his review of the Optimus sealed the deal for me.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:
ssracer wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:

I talked to the guy from the MAC YouTube channel almost as soon as I got there for a few minutes. He is a big boy. Pretty laid back. Told him that his review of the Optimus sealed the deal for me.
Yeah he's really tall.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:17 pm

I don't even know what aklys defense is but the party I was at, they kept trying to get me to take multiple koozies. I said "I can only drink two at a time" and he said take some home.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue May 24, 2016 5:27 am

Talked to Jim and John Scoutten from the outdoor channels Shooting USA, on Friday morning. It was cool because I knew who they were and just seen them walking through the crowd and started talking about the show, guns, politics, and food.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Tue May 24, 2016 9:20 am

Yeagers Youtube channel has quality videos of the ILA leadership forum. Great word by Gov Bevin. He seemed sincere, but my first reaction is still not to trust what any politician says in that environment.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Toddstang wrote:Talked to Jim and John Scoutten from the outdoor channels Shooting USA, on Friday morning. It was cool because I knew who they were and just seen them walking through the crowd and started talking about the show, guns, politics, and food.
Me too. He was out in the lobby walking around and he seemed pumped to take a pic with me.

Return to “Everything Else”