Dashcams

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Dashcams

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Over the past few days I put a little thought into this and figured there are few downsides to adding a dashcam to your vehicle, so I decided to invest in one. I scoured the internet for a day and found all the cool ones are over in Korea(which this one is made in Korea I believe) and not here in the US. In saying that I watched a bunch of youtube video reviews on different ones. It gave insight, but only enough to draw some conclusions.

Ended up looking locally quick at Best Buy and found this Thinkware F750 there on sale. My requirements that I wanted this camera to meet was that is had to record video, audio, GPS location, and be able to review video right away. I also wanted it to loop video continuously, but that wasn't a hard requirement of mine. This comes in handy for a lot of reasons. Best Buy does not sell the add on rear camera, so that is on its way via Amazon. I did not hardwire this, but the 12V outlet is hot all the time, so it can run continuously as if it were hardwired. The computer software is very nice, and give you tons of information about the video clip, as well as zooming up to 2X, to where you can really get good shots of license plates in front or around the front of your vehicle.

Just a few pictures of it installed, which took about 30 minutes of getting it lined up and routing the wire around to the 12V socket.

A quick screenshot of the app

View you have of it driving (does not affect your field of view)

Where I have it plugged in

Where its mounted

From the outside it is not very noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it in the truck. I will update when I have the rear camera installed.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Dashcams

Post by JustShootIt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Kinda neat....there's been a million times I wish I had one...but never for anything "significant"

Upload some of the video u get with this camera

Sidenote: one of my favorite YouTube channels is the Russian dashcam videos...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:26 pm

I seen on your other post, you got a 16 gig card....any idea how much record time that is for your unit?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:42 pm

How much did that run you

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by JustShootIt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:54 pm

I think he said $250ish...cheaper than I expected

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:20 pm

Interested to see how low light/night time quality it

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Dashcams

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:27 pm

JustShootIt wrote:I seen on your other post, you got a 16 gig card....any idea how much record time that is for your unit?
Not sure right now as I haven't used it much. It records 1:00 minute video clips. I will know tomorrow morning. Going to leave it on and fill it up with clips. So I'll get a variety of day and night shots to compare.

$250 for the front camera and $99 for the rear camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Rear camera has been installed and is functioning. Very small and I can't see it from my seating position through the rear view mirror unless I look for it.

Return to “Everything Else”