Hillview man shoots down drone. . .

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Hillview man shoots down drone. . .

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:02 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Fate0n3 wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Fate0n3 wrote:I guess people just read what they want.....u guys are immediately taking that the drone is a liar and the gun shooter is being honest with what he shot. What if he wasn't shooting bird shot and it was something??????? That is the point here people why is one immediately a lair and the other honest Sam? I said earlier I agree birdshot at a distance is harmless... But can it be proved that is what he shot?????? I have said multiple times I do think the drone owner should have been over his property but my point is the reaction from the owner.

Kicker to me is if I had just discharged 3 shot gun rounds in the air I don't think I would be getting that hostile with police. I would think I would be trying to deescalate and explain and save my butt from going to jail......
Lets see, HMMM, neighbors (Witnesses) seem to have the same story as drone shooter, drone pilot has been changing his story 2 times and never turned over SD card to prove his innocence. SD card even damaged will still hold info.
Yea, going to jail is nothing to be upset about.
OK let's say for a 100% you are correct like I said I dunno I do not believe in speculation but let's play this game u are correct does that give him the right to take the law into his hands???

So another scenario since u seem to be for this....a person is spying into ur neighbors house do you....

A. Call the police
B. Get a firearm and shot them
C. Take him/her to dinner
D. Wonder what they ate for dinner
E. Shoot the vehicle's tire they are in

My point is I don't and you don't know the truth we are reading what is being shown to us. But the biggest point is the discharge of a firearm in an unsafe direction.
TAKE THE LAW INTO HIS OWN HANDS????????

Seriously? LMAO!!!!!!!
Have you been to this area of Hillview? There is not much there at all. He wasn't at the Peddlers Mall or Pondergrossa.
Shooting straight up in the air with birdshot (which the police even said he used) is harmless coming down.
This unsafe direction BS is getting old.
Nothing else was hit, no one was injured.
Do you think the drone was at a 90 degree angle?
I guess you didn't light off fireworks on the 4th huh?

LMFAO!
Yeah but what if he shot an rpg at it? You should be mad at him for things he didn't do. Don't you get it?

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GeminiXD9 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:27 am

I would've used my high power high capacity semi auto slingshot. :llama:
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:35 am

For the record, my anti-drone gun is loaded with 00 buckshot.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:05 am

meow.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:03 am

Frailer wrote:For the record, my anti-drone gun is loaded with 00 buckshot.
I just have an enormous tennis racket to swat the drone out of the air.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438434222.542473.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438434222.542473.jpg (327.51 KiB) Viewed 912 times
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:09 pm

I will use rockets

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:16 pm

You are responsible for where the projectiles land, bullets , shot , rockets, drones, or piss.

The shooter broke the drone, he is liable for criminal and civil damage .
Wanton endangerment is a BS charge and the police have to oberserve the act for the charge to stick.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Let's set some things straight here.

We can "what if" all we want, but it's not what happened. He used a shotgun, in a safe manner, which is LEGAL. Damaging someone else's property is the crime here. It should have been left at that.

The Wanton Endangerment charge is coming from a "what if" aspect of the "possibility" that the drone would come down and pose an immediate threat to someone's life. For this charge, you need a victim. Who was the victim that it nearly killed or dismembered? To correctly pursue this charge you have to list the victim or at least be able to articulate the victim. Is there a victim that this thing almost crashed into?? We don't know. If so, it's a decent charge. If you are using it as a blanket charge with no real victim, it's BS.

Wanton Endangerment 2nd is a misdemeanor. Would require cops to see the offense happen to make an arrest. Wording says "Wantonly engages in conduct which creates a substantial danger of physical injury to another person". I don't believe this is a good charge, but I can see it being stretched to cover it. But cops didn't see it happen to my knowledge so I am thinking it was a WE1st charge.

Wanton Endangerment 1st(FELONY) "When under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engages in conduct which creates a substantial danger of death or serious physical injury".
Sorry but I don't buy it that this guy created that much of a danger. Rifle round? Sure. Birdshot? Not a chance. You can shoot a gun legally in KY if you are doing it safely. Shooting it in the air is safe.
:llama:

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:49 pm

I'll go with what the local cop says

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:26 am

I agree with Mike on WE and an attempt could be made to stretch WE1. What I don't understand is the property laws. Since the drone issue is a little fuzzy, what about something like a deer stand? If someone trespasses, and sets a stand on my property, what am I legally allowed to do according to the letter of the law? Although I doubt it's legality, I have sold several rogue climbing stands over the years
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:46 am

If someone trespassed on my property and left some property of theirs that I find and confiscate, good luck trying to make a case that I stole your property. Tree stand? What tree stand?

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:10 am

PDM wrote:I agree with Mike on WE and an attempt could be made to stretch WE1. What I don't understand is the property laws. Since the drone issue is a little fuzzy, what about something like a deer stand? If someone trespasses, and sets a stand on my property, what am I legally allowed to do according to the letter of the law? Although I doubt it's legality, I have sold several rogue climbing stands over the years
Totally different subject.
To have any legal weight for trespassing, you have to post "No Trespassing " signs on your property.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:35 am

Don't they also have be posted every so many feet. Can't just have one no trespassing sign and that's it. Might need to paint no trespassing on the roof for the drones. :llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Does Defending the Right to Privacy Justify Shooting Down a Drone?
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... ing-a-gun/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:02 pm

It certainly does in my book. No different than if someone hung a trail cam on a tree in your yard. That was the point of my question. What could I LEGALLY do with said trail cam?
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:36 pm

PDM wrote:It certainly does in my book. No different than if someone hung a trail cam on a tree in your yard. That was the point of my question. What could I LEGALLY do with said trail cam?
It's yours if put there and left on your property. My aunt and uncle used to get tree stands and other crap poachers and trespassers would leave.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 0

Post by JustShootIt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Actually, this can be argued from many directions.

When it comes to property lines, it's the duty of the hunter to know where he/she is....mistakes will happen, even when an individual is not necessarily trying to "trespass". But it's their duty and responsibility to know the boundaries.

I can tell you from years of experience and dealing with such issues, that you can give a guy 1,000 acres to hunt on and he will put a deer stand right on the property line 9 outta 10 times. Sometimes it's because those areas are natural draws, breaks, creeks etc....but often just human nature. Seems as if the property next door always looks more appealing or something....and quite often they will end intentionally or unintentionally putting deer stand on adjacent property owner. By rights as the land owner you can remove the tree stand...in many cases folks call the game warden (not a good idea IMO, unless it proves to be a continuous problem) What we usually do is leave a note along with our name and contact info. Most times that is enough and the stand will be moved and no contact is ever made...other cases they will call and apologize and make sure they move...once in a blue moon they will be knuckle heads and argue the situation... but that's rarely the case.

Just realized that was a lot of rambling that has little to do with the OP....so to tie it back to the OP...I think I would first try to handle the drone situation in a similar manner if possible.

Being civil doesn't always work, but worth a shot in most cases. In my life experience, it works more times than not.

*Side note: back to the deer stands....I often hear of folks having their tree stand "stolen" when hunting/leasing private property.... I'd say most times this is exactly what happened to them. Hung the stand in wrong spot and adjacent property owner just took it down and kept it for themselves...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:13 pm

In the case of tree stands(or game cameras), one could make the argument that it is abandoned property(especially if on your property).

I mean, it IS left in the woods usually,

There's lots of grey areas here and with the drone case. This is how laws come about though, and the Hillview law WILL be one for the record books. It will likely set precedent for how laws are applied and I hope it goes to the Supreme Court.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Mike wrote:In the case of tree stands(or game cameras), one could make the argument that it is abandoned property(especially if on your property).

I mean, it IS left in the woods usually,

There's lots of grey areas here and with the drone case. This is how laws come about though, and the Hillview law WILL be one for the record books. It will likely set precedent for how laws are applied and I hope it goes to the Supreme Court.
Yep.

This is why I got to meet and greet all my neighbors around my property.
All of them are great folks, even the ones Marcus pissed off!

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ProCroation » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:25 am

Fate0n3 wrote:I guess people just read what they want.....u guys are immediately taking that the drone is a liar and the gun shooter is being honest with what he shot.
No. The drone isn't a liar. The person controlling it was though. Aside from that it's well established that the "shooter" is being honest with what he shot...he shot a drone down. :mrgreen:
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ProCroation » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:35 am

Fate0n3 wrote: I do not believe in speculation
Fate0n3 wrote: What if he wasn't shooting bird shot and it was something??????
Fate0n3 wrote: what If the gun owner wasn't shooting birdshot
Fate0n3 wrote: what if it was a slug or self defense ammo
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Bingo!
Tench Coxe

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:35 pm

I might just have to shoot it down with a capture net. Seriously, it doesn't take much to knock one of these off course from what I understand. Then your nice little drone will be active and sitting on my bathroom counter while I teabag the camera.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:42 pm

interesting and disturbing mental picture, that....
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Vividia wrote:interesting and disturbing mental picture, that....

Thats the reaction thats intended

Return to “Everything Else”