Hillview man shoots down drone. . .

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Hillview man shoots down drone. . .

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:04 pm

Mike wrote:

The legalities of this might be worse than shooting them down.
Yep.
FCC already made cell phone jammers illegal.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:16 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yep.
Making it illegal worked with drugs right?
Just playing devil's advocate here.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:47 pm

WLJ wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yep.
I see what you are saying but I have been trying to get a cell phone jammer for over 5 years now.
I can get drugs any day of the week if I wanted to.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:08 pm

First statement from Boggs is that they were taking photos of a friends home, now he is saying that he was practicing so that he could use the drone to take pics of his kids motocross stuff....

hmmm...
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:14 pm

BIGC wrote:First statement from Boggs is that they were taking photos of a friends home, now he is saying that he was practicing so that he could use the drone to take pics of his kids motocross stuff....

hmmm...
Liars gonna lie.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:16 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:First statement from Boggs is that they were taking photos of a friends home, now he is saying that he was practicing so that he could use the drone to take pics of his kids motocross stuff....

hmmm...
Liars gonna lie.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:34 pm

Toddstang wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yep.
I see what you are saying but I have been trying to get a cell phone jammer for over 5 years now.
I can get drugs any day of the week if I wanted to.

you can order them from england apparently

Fate0n3
Been liked: 0

Post by Fate0n3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:41 pm

This is a sad deal for sure for both people. And stuff like this the government agencies need to handle with laws which I think will be hard to up hold. Do I agree with charging him with endangerment for discharging a firearm yes I sure do. Who are we to know how good of a shot he is or those really were the shells he used. Discharging a firearm is discharging a firearm, how would u guys like to be out with children and let it come down on you. I have shot uspsa around skeet shooters u are correct feels like rain but still shouldnt have happened. Also the way he acted with the police officers to me is a bit odd to be acting with such anger that u can see in the video they are trying to calm him down and he is yelling so loud it can clearly be heard from the video tapers distance. Now unto the drone I have played with them and have friends who have s lot more than most have in cars in them. The flight logs are extremely accurate with recording there altitude and exact location to the point to make a nice GPS look silly. The logs are time-stamped and have information in them that should verify whether he was telling the truth or not. Now as to why he doesn't have video from what I have understood most do the recording from the drone itself either via a gopro or whatever camera system they are using. Now we all know what the chances are they damaged they card are super slim. Now he also could have not been recording. I don't see how he could been giving false data with his flight log as I said he would have it also the iPad would show the date the file was created. Also at his altitude is only 90 yards would the #8 be affective no but these things are small and not made to take something like this so 3 shots might do it to bring one down. Now I am in no sense saying I want anyone flying over my house as I have a small quad copter I fly and it never leaves my property line or I go to public property and try to stay above people and on top of that no camera so no worries just fly by line of sight. The whole story on both sides seems a little shady we all also know how the news reports can be lol I def agree laws need to be in acting because next time it could be someone spying

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:00 pm

^just discharging a firearm is not wanton endangerment. If he fired at the ground would you feel the same way? The specifics matter to me. The guy was mad, yeah we know because he shot a flying object out of the sky at his house that had a camera recording who knows what. Different people react different when angry and some are just louder than others. He had a car load of people come over and try to run up on him after he was possibly being spied on or his children/wife being recorded in the bathroom window. Again we don't know. You say you don't fly yours like that guy flew his and it must be because you know a protective dad or husband will take it down without hesitation. I will just stay focused on the last statement and your call for laws in case "someone is spying" because that is exactly what could have been happening this time. The drone owner has changed story more than once according to the reports so far. One of his stories by default is bs already and where there is smoke there is fire.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:24 pm

Would it be the same if some weird guy was peeping in your windows by standing outside them?

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:30 pm

I don't give a shit if the guy used a Red Ryder BB gun. Something like that hovering over my house,,,,, it's coming down.
Dumb ass spent $1K+ on a drone? Dumb ass should of been more selective of where he was flying it.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:36 pm

Dave1965 wrote:Would it be the same if some weird guy was peeping in your windows by standing outside them?
wheres netto...lets get his take on this

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:45 pm

ssracer wrote:wheres netto...lets get his take on this
Out buying a new drone

Fate0n3

Post by Fate0n3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:46 pm

For the people saying they don't care what he used let's see about next time this happens and the person is using a bolt gun with a 6.5rd what there feelings would be. The problem we have is how far does ur property lines go above. Does this give u the right to shoot down an airplane flying above ur property because according to some they do feel that way. I have kids so I do know the feeling, and I know how I would react but it would be quite different than taking a firearm out of my safe and firing it up into the air. And you are correct they are not the same them I was thinking incorrectly. A firearm being shot at anything other than a target in a proper area or at actual threat to your life or family member shouldn't happen. I def agree with people I am not siding with anyone I think the whole thing is funny. But to hear gun owners proudly admitting on an open forum they would have no issue discharging a firearm in the air and not knowing where the projectile will land or go makes me quite worried. First thing I was taught shooting know ur target and what is behind it. I am beyond proud gun owner and 2a guy hell I have shot uspsa for 3 years and getting into 3 gun now and I am truly shocked by people saying discharging a firearm like it is a toy into the sky is OK.

Let me say it one more time I am not taking a side if he was flying low on his property his ass deserves to be charged and all the best goodies our good laws can do but I also do not disclose improper use of a firearm. As a firearm community this is exactly the stuff that gives us bad names and helps the push for gun grabbers. And gives fuel for there fire that we do not need.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:03 pm

He didn't use a 6.5 bolt gun and nobody was hurt nor where they going to be with what he chose. I don't applaud him for shooting a gun in the air but when push comes to shove I respect fight over flight in reality. He didn't go looking for the fight is the difference here, it was in his yard. If shooting a plane that is flying passengers miles above is the same thing to you as this drone in his back yard with a camera then I don't know what to say to you.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:18 pm

jackalo626 wrote:He didn't use a 6.5 bolt gun and nobody was hurt nor where they going to be with what he chose. I don't applaud him for shooting a gun in the air but when push comes to shove I respect fight over flight in reality. He didn't go looking for the fight is the difference here, it was in his yard. If shooting a plane that is flying passengers miles above is the same thing to you as this drone in his back yard with a camera then I don't know what to say to you.
BINGO!

Fate0n3

Post by Fate0n3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Can you guys prove this drone was in his property??? Looking the flight log u can barely tell from the looks of after it shot it landed quite a bit off this gentleman's property. And who are u to say what he choose was a proper weapon... U guys are fucking killing me thinking discharging a gun in a neighborhood you can clearly see houses in the air was a good idea. Both are at fault plain and simple the craft should have been no where near his property. will we know the truth nooooooooo never. My point is doing shit like this makes ever respectable gun owner of america look bad plain and simple today several people at work were discussing this a few anti gun there comment "this is why guns don't need to be in the hands of everyone". This is my point plain and simple I have watch shotguns shoot slugs at steel plates well beyond 150 yds. I know he did not use a bolt gun but would it change ur thoughts if he did. You guys are thinking it was OK to discharge the firearm due to it was a shotgun that can't hit crap with his supposed round past 20yds. That is what is funny to me, my point was if u were the neighbor beside of him how would u feel someone letting shotgun rounds off in the air around ur family answer that for me?

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by shaggy1392 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:04 pm

Have you ever shot any birdshot? I have been dove hunting over 20 years and have been peppered with birdshot so many times I couldn't even begin to tell you. I'd can say with 100% confidence that the chance of anyone getting hurt by falling birdshot is 0.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:21 pm

Fate0n3 wrote:Can you guys prove this drone was in his property??? Looking the flight log u can barely tell from the looks of after it shot it landed quite a bit off this gentleman's property. And who are u to say what he choose was a proper weapon... U guys are fucking killing me thinking discharging a gun in a neighborhood you can clearly see houses in the air was a good idea. Both are at fault plain and simple the craft should have been no where near his property. will we know the truth nooooooooo never. My point is doing shit like this makes ever respectable gun owner of america look bad plain and simple today several people at work were discussing this a few anti gun there comment "this is why guns don't need to be in the hands of everyone". This is my point plain and simple I have watch shotguns shoot slugs at steel plates well beyond 150 yds. I know he did not use a bolt gun but would it change ur thoughts if he did. You guys are thinking it was OK to discharge the firearm due to it was a shotgun that can't hit crap with his supposed round past 20yds. That is what is funny to me, my point was if u were the neighbor beside of him how would u feel someone letting shotgun rounds off in the air around ur family answer that for me?
Flight log? Seriously think this guy is telling the truth?
Dude, it sounds to me like you must of been the co-pilot on this idiots flight or you own a drone and you like spying on people. Just my take of you thus far.

Fate0n3

Post by Fate0n3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 pm

I guess people just read what they want.....u guys are immediately taking that the drone is a liar and the gun shooter is being honest with what he shot. What if he wasn't shooting bird shot and it was something??????? That is the point here people why is one immediately a lair and the other honest Sam? I said earlier I agree birdshot at a distance is harmless... But can it be proved that is what he shot?????? I have said multiple times I do think the drone owner should have been over his property but my point is the reaction from the owner.

Kicker to me is if I had just discharged 3 shot gun rounds in the air I don't think I would be getting that hostile with police. I would think I would be trying to deescalate and explain and save my butt from going to jail......
Last edited by Fate0n3 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fate0n3

Post by Fate0n3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:33 pm

shaggy1392 wrote:Have you ever shot any birdshot? I have been dove hunting over 20 years and have been peppered with birdshot so many times I couldn't even begin to tell you. I'd can say with 100% confidence that the chance of anyone getting hurt by falling birdshot is 0.
Yes but u are still failing to read the point what I'd the gun owner wasn't shooting birdshot.........that is my point u are missing what if it was a slug or self defense ammo....would u want that flying in the air above ur family? We are taking what we read from a newspaper and his word that is what he shot. I guess people should go around neighborhoods and blast shot gun bird shot in the air and when people get pissed say oh it just birdshot can't hurt anyone falling see what the response will be.

Shit like this is what the anti 2a wants to turn people against the proud and responsible gun owners. Imagine how they can use this to make everyone look bad
Last edited by Fate0n3 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:39 pm

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:41 pm

Fate0n3 wrote:I guess people just read what they want.....u guys are immediately taking that the drone is a liar and the gun shooter is being honest with what he shot. What if he wasn't shooting bird shot and it was something??????? That is the point here people why is one immediately a lair and the other honest Sam? I said earlier I agree birdshot at a distance is harmless... But can it be proved that is what he shot?????? I have said multiple times I do think the drone owner should have been over his property but my point is the reaction from the owner.

Kicker to me is if I had just discharged 3 shot gun rounds in the air I don't think I would be getting that hostile with police. I would think I would be trying to deescalate and explain and save my butt from going to jail......
Lets see, HMMM, neighbors (Witnesses) seem to have the same story as drone shooter, drone pilot has been changing his story 2 times and never turned over SD card to prove his innocence. SD card even damaged will still hold info.
Yea, going to jail is nothing to be upset about.

Fate0n3

Post by Fate0n3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:47 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Fate0n3 wrote:I guess people just read what they want.....u guys are immediately taking that the drone is a liar and the gun shooter is being honest with what he shot. What if he wasn't shooting bird shot and it was something??????? That is the point here people why is one immediately a lair and the other honest Sam? I said earlier I agree birdshot at a distance is harmless... But can it be proved that is what he shot?????? I have said multiple times I do think the drone owner should have been over his property but my point is the reaction from the owner.

Lets see, HMMM, neighbors (Witnesses) seem to have the same story as drone shooter, drone pilot has been changing his story 2 times and never turned over SD card to prove his innocence. SD card even damaged will still hold info.
OK let's say for a 100% you are correct like I said I dunno I do not believe in speculation but let's play this game u are correct does that give him the right to take the law into his hands???

So another scenario since u seem to be for this....a person is spying into ur neighbors house do you....

A. Call the police
B. Get a firearm and shot them
C. Take him/her to dinner
D. Wonder what they ate for dinner
E. Shoot the vehicle's tire they are in

My point is I don't and you don't know the truth we are reading what is being shown to us. But the biggest point is the discharge of a firearm in an unsafe direction.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:55 pm

Fate0n3 wrote:
Toddstang wrote:

OK let's say for a 100% you are correct like I said I dunno I do not believe in speculation but let's play this game u are correct does that give him the right to take the law into his hands???

So another scenario since u seem to be for this....a person is spying into ur neighbors (WHY NEIGHBORS? Getting dumb here)house do you....

A. Call the police
B. Get a firearm and shot them
C. Take him/her to dinner
D. Wonder what they ate for dinner
E. Shoot the vehicle's tire they are in

My point is I don't and you don't know the truth we are reading what is being shown to us. But the biggest point is the discharge of a firearm in an unsafe direction.
TAKE THE LAW INTO HIS OWN HANDS????????

Seriously? LMAO!!!!!!!
Have you been to this area of Hillview? There is not much there at all. He wasn't at the Peddlers Mall or Pondergrossa.
Shooting straight up in the air with birdshot (which the police even said he used) is harmless coming down.
This unsafe direction BS is getting old.
Nothing else was hit, no one was injured.
Do you think the drone was at a 90 degree angle?
I guess you didn't light off fireworks on the 4th huh?
Oh yea, Kentucky has a Castle Doctrine/ Stand your ground law.
LMFAO!

Return to “Everything Else”