Any golfers on the forum?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Any golfers on the forum?

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:20 pm

Any golfers floating around on the forum? I play as often as I can and would love to find some others that play as well.

Also, I'm looking for some new places to play. I've played pretty much everything in bardstown and the elizabethtown area. Some of you guys are familiar with Louisville, anything up that way you all would recommend?

Lastly, I'm looking for a new used putter. Let me know if you may have something. I'd like an odyssey putter or for the right deal, a Scotty Cameron.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Any golfers on the forum?

Post by rustynuts » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:37 pm

I don't consider myself a golfer by any means, but have a friend who drags me around while he plays. We've played most of the Louisville courses and I can't think of any that I wouldn't play again. He lives in Jeffersonville so we play a lot in Indiana too, and his home course is Hidden Creek. We usually play the nine hole course there and I hate the third hole, only because I can never seem to play it correctly. One day though.....

If you ever come across a Groupon deal for Cherry Valley, skip it. I think it's New Albany. I wouldn't play there again if they paid me. Terrible place.

A little closer to you is Heritage Hills in Shepherdsville. Exit 116, highway 480 and go east a mile or so. Very nice place, but a bit pricey.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:47 pm

rustynuts wrote:I don't consider myself a golfer by any means, but have a friend who drags me around while he plays. We've played most of the Louisville courses and I can't think of any that I wouldn't play again. He lives in Jeffersonville so we play a lot in Indiana too, and his home course is Hidden Creek. We usually play the nine hole course there and I hate the third hole, only because I can never seem to play it correctly. One day though.....

If you ever come across a Groupon deal for Cherry Valley, skip it. I think it's New Albany. I wouldn't play there again if they paid me. Terrible place.

A little closer to you is Heritage Hills in Shepherdsville. Exit 116, highway 480 and go east a mile or so. Very nice place, but a bit pricey.
Funny you mention Heritage Hill... I played in a golf scramble there about a month ago before I went on my vacation. it's a beautifully laid out course and it was meticulously maintained. I don't mind spending that kind of money on a round of golf. I just don't expect the course to be a dump I def want to go back and play it again. Best ball scrambles isn't really golf at all in my book. But, what the hell. It was for a good cause. Thanks for the feedback Rustynuts.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:54 pm

I like golfing. I'm fairly horrible at it and only get to play usually a handful of times a year

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:26 pm

I used to play weekly. Haven't really played at all for the last couple years. My favorites in the Louisville were Shawnee and Seneca for the municipal courses, and Nevel Meade for a non-muni. Most of the Muni's in the Louisville area are pretty well ran, even the 9 hole courses. Long Run is another pretty nice muni.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:27 pm

One of the best courses in KY that I've actually played is Dale Hollow State Park. If you haven't played there, I highly recommend it.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:41 am

Man! Bobby Nichols! I played there eons ago. Way back in the early 90's. It was a goat farm back then. Played Oxmoor CC on an unusually warm New Years Day once way back then. It was closed. A buddy who used to be a bartender there, and I, snuck on for free.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:42 am

I've played sleepy hollow a lot in the past couple of years. It's only 9 holes, but it's well kept and fairly wide open. It's nice

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:51 am

Sleepy hollow has a few pretty fun holes. All in all, it was pretty nice. IMHO.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 am

I have been thinking of taking up golf, I been working on my swing here at the house for about a year off and on,thought nothing serious. Been looking at club sets and what not, in fact if I had a whole set of clubs I would be at Butler right now.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:55 am

I like shooting golf balls at distance... does that count?

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:15 am

DDgunslinger wrote:I like shooting golf balls at distance... does that count?
Only if you are shooting putts from the tee.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Golf balls an my scoped 10/22 were always a fun combination

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Fudge wrote:Shawnee is a nice course, and they run it well. Bobby nichols is a worm burner course but I like it. Valhalla is everything you expect it to be.
Never played either Shawnee or Bobby Nichols. I thought Valhalla is pretty exclusive? I was under the impression that it was pricey to be a member there. It's beautiful though. I was there for the PGA event in 2014. Stunning!
Gunsmokin wrote:I used to play weekly. Haven't really played at all for the last couple years. My favorites in the Louisville were Shawnee and Seneca for the municipal courses, and Nevel Meade for a non-muni. Most of the Muni's in the Louisville area are pretty well ran, even the 9 hole courses. Long Run is another pretty nice muni.
I'm gonna try Shawnee I suppose. Two of you have mentioned it now. I play the local muni course. It's the american legion par three. It's a 9 hole course but it's great for the sort game. Only costs $5.
ssracer wrote:I like golfing. I'm fairly horrible at it and only get to play usually a handful of times a year
I've played more this year then I have the last two years combined. It's still early in the summer too!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:09 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:I like shooting golf balls at distance... does that count?
Same here
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:34 pm

I play when i can usually get out 10 times a year
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Fudge wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:
Fudge wrote:Shawnee is a nice course, and they run it well. Bobby nichols is a worm burner course but I like it. Valhalla is everything you expect it to be.
Never played either Shawnee or Bobby Nichols. I thought Valhalla is pretty exclusive? I was under the impression that it was pricey to be a member there. It's beautiful though. I was there for the PGA event in 2014. Stunning!
Gunsmokin wrote:I used to play weekly. Haven't really played at all for the last couple years. My favorites in the Louisville were Shawnee and Seneca for the municipal courses, and Nevel Meade for a non-muni. Most of the Muni's in the Louisville area are pretty well ran, even the 9 hole courses. Long Run is another pretty nice muni.
I'm gonna try Shawnee I suppose. Two of you have mentioned it now. I play the local muni course. It's the american legion par three. It's a 9 hole course but it's great for the sort game. Only costs $5.
ssracer wrote:I like golfing. I'm fairly horrible at it and only get to play usually a handful of times a year
I've played more this year then I have the last two years combined. It's still early in the summer too!

Pricey and exclusive. My great uncle was one of the OG owners, so we play when he wants to. Still diving in his late 80s.
That's pretty badass. I know a guy who has a member somewhere in his family. He's played it several times. Pretty awesome. I guess I'm gonna setup a tee time for Shawnee.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Golf.....lmfao.....no

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Golf requires funny pants and fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor, huge ass...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:36 pm

If there was a defensive line rushing the golfer instead of allowing him 3 *$#! hours to %&#! take the shot then you can start calling it a sport. Oh, and the hole needs something akin to a goalie with a big stick too.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:40 pm

Golf for me is usually just several hours out with the guys on a nice day drinking a crap load of beer and losing golf balls....it's a good time

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:52 pm

ssracer wrote:Golf for me is usually just several hours out with the guys on a nice day drinking a crap load of beer and losing golf balls....it's a good time
Nothing wrong with that. Loosing golf balls gets expensive.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:54 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:
ssracer wrote:Golf for me is usually just several hours out with the guys on a nice day drinking a crap load of beer and losing golf balls....it's a good time
Nothing wrong with that. Loosing golf balls gets expensive.
Just ask any guy who's gone through a divorce about losing balls.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:20 pm

I always tell friends looking to get into golf, don't ever by new golf clubs. Waaaay too many divorced woman looking to sell clubs as cheap as possible to buy them new.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Don't play at all, I have a wicked slice problem.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434424848.294007.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434424848.294007.jpg (371.44 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Return to “Everything Else”