So, a scared girl showed up on my doorstep today

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

So, a scared girl showed up on my doorstep today

Post by ProCroation » Sun May 24, 2015 10:24 pm

Let me pre-face this post with a point I'd like to make. Somehow, the craziest stuff happens to me/around me. It never fails. Some of you are familiar with my posts about the hectic events that seem to punctuate my life. Sometimes I ask myself, if there's something that I'm doing wrong to end up in these random situations. Today I answered that question for myself with a resounding "no", as I never even had to leave my couch this time.

6:00 p.m. today I'm sitting and watching a movie on t.v. and had just paused it to help my wife carry some groceries into the house from her trunk. I sat back down, un-paused the movie and then shit hit the fan. I had my front entry door opened but my glass/screen door shut. From the corner of my eye, saw a shadow quickly approaching my door. The shadow quickly turned into a person frantically banging on my door and staring at me with eyes the size of saucers. I jumped up and opened the door and the girl practically ran into my house crying and screaming for help.

She starts telling my wife and I, that her dad is across the street, tearing the kitchen up and throwing dishes everywhere. She says he's a very violent person and has hurt her mother, her sisters and even her before. She says she's afraid he's going to hurt them again. We asked if she wanted the police and she said yes. My wife called them for her and I watched to make sure he didn't come across the street. While my wife is on the phone, the girl breaks down crying even harder and said she was embarrassed to tell us "about the rest". Then she starts telling us that her dad has been touching her. A lot. Nearly daily. She's 16 but has younger sisters. She tells us she lets him do it, so he won't beat her up, or touch her sisters instead. She says everyone is afraid of him and couldn't tell anyone else because of the fear.

The last 4 hours at my house has looked like police HQ. We were asked to stay outside, while CPS and police used my living room for interviews with her and one of her sisters. This day has been bananas. According to one officer, the father even tried to cop attitude with them and appears to be a "wannabe bully". The father was forced to leave until CPS completes an investigation over the next few weeks. The girl is home now with her mother, sisters and extended family that arrived as well.

As always, I will be watching my 6, seeing as the guy probably considers us calling police, to be the problem. Kind of sad that he wasn't actually arrested and was allowed to leave home on foot though.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: So, a scared girl showed up on my doorstep today

Post by Toddstang » Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 pm

WOW!
At least the scumbag has now been caught.
I hope Bubba makes his poop shoot extra wide in the slammer.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Toddstang wrote:WOW!
Umm...they let him walk away. I mean sure, he'll probably be brought up on charges eventually. For now though...

Although, when he does go to jail, I agree.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun May 24, 2015 10:50 pm

Sounds nuts. But you can't just make an arrest based on a mad 16 year old telling (true or untrue) stories. It needs to be looked into and if true and can be proved, then yes an arrest is due. If he IS in fact doing it, FUCK HIM!!!
:llama:

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Sun May 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Wow -
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun May 24, 2015 10:55 pm

ProCroation wrote:
Umm...they let him walk away. I mean sure, he'll probably be brought up on charges eventually. For now though...

Let him walk with kids still in house????

Story must not be adding up.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun May 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Toddstang wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

Let him walk with kids still in house????

Story must not be adding up.
I mean let him physically walk away. Not allowed back at the house until otherwise instructed though. He's not off the hook. Just under investigation for now.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Sun May 24, 2015 11:36 pm

Mike wrote:Sounds nuts. But you can't just make an arrest based on a mad 16 year old telling (true or untrue) stories. It needs to be looked into and if true and can be proved, then yes an arrest is due. If he IS in fact doing it, FUCK HIM!!!
I know of two people who were accused of sexually molesting daughters by (soon or already) ex-wives. The daughters even had stories with all the right buzzwords from being coached by mommy. Many folk believe it without a the least bit of evidence or even interviews with the children. The CPS in those two scenarios did not.

One is doing fine after going through months of hell. Once the child was interviewed by professionals, at the pleading of his lawyer, they found some severe inconsistencies in her story. Then the police interviewed mom some more and charges were dropped because mom admitted to lying. She was 'distraught' about the divorce. Somehow she managed to still get joint custody, how fucked up is that?

The other guy quit fighting. CPS kept pushing, despite any real evidence. He was fighting across State lines and could no longer afford a lawyer. He plead to a lesser charge, got put on a sex offender registry and spent 60 days in county. Once his daughter got older she recanted her testimony because she felt bad about what her mom had done to her father, even though she had not seen him since she was little. Even at that, it took some effort and money to lawyers to have his record expunged and removed from the registry.

Perhaps I am jaded, but unless I saw the results of her 'father's anger' in bruises or bleeding I would be skeptical about her claims. Especially if she started telling me, a complete stranger, about about how he "touched her". I was not there to judge the body language or the emotions. Perhaps that could be more telling...

If he is guilty I hope he is not long for this world and karma has a nice bus to hit him and then back over him.

But I certainly hope he is not in the situation that the two men I know found themselves.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Sun May 24, 2015 11:51 pm

If he is guilty of this horrid crime he needs what's coming to him. I for one believe in public stoning for this shit. I have no use for people who do this
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon May 25, 2015 1:41 am

ChopperDoc wrote:
Mike wrote:Sounds nuts. But you can't just make an arrest based on a mad 16 year old telling (true or untrue) stories. It needs to be looked into and if true and can be proved, then yes an arrest is due. If he IS in fact doing it, FUCK HIM!!!
I know of two people who were accused of sexually molesting daughters by (soon or already) ex-wives. The daughters even had stories with all the right buzzwords from being coached by mommy. Many folk believe it without a the least bit of evidence or even interviews with the children. The CPS in those two scenarios did not.

One is doing fine after going through months of hell. Once the child was interviewed by professionals, at the pleading of his lawyer, they found some severe inconsistencies in her story. Then the police interviewed mom some more and charges were dropped because mom admitted to lying. She was 'distraught' about the divorce. Somehow she managed to still get joint custody, how fucked up is that?

The other guy quit fighting. CPS kept pushing, despite any real evidence. He was fighting across State lines and could no longer afford a lawyer. He plead to a lesser charge, got put on a sex offender registry and spent 60 days in county. Once his daughter got older she recanted her testimony because she felt bad about what her mom had done to her father, even though she had not seen him since she was little. Even at that, it took some effort and money to lawyers to have his record expunged and removed from the registry.

Perhaps I am jaded, but unless I saw the results of her 'father's anger' in bruises or bleeding I would be skeptical about her claims. Especially if she started telling me, a complete stranger, about about how he "touched her". I was not there to judge the body language or the emotions. Perhaps that could be more telling...

If he is guilty I hope he is not long for this world and karma has a nice bus to hit him and then back over him.

But I certainly hope he is not in the situation that the two men I know found themselves.
Wow both of those cases sound crazy. You're right though. This could play out either way. I can only hope that if he is innocent, it comes to light. If he is guilty, I hope he is punished accordingly. I tend to believe the girl at present time though. I've never seen anyone so distraught in my life.

The CPS lady seemed to feel the mother feared the husband. An older sister who was moved out of the house, showed up and talked to the girl in my house. She had no idea her little sister was being molested but on the other hand, her first words when she arrived were "did my dad hit her again"?

So...I'll say I believe him to be violent. I can't say for sure on the other part though. Who knows? Hope they find the truth without a doubt.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Sad whether he did it or whether she is lying to get an innocent man in trouble. One of those are the truth and which one is beyond me with 3rd hand knowledge.

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by ChickenLady » Tue May 26, 2015 8:22 am

Jesus. That is insane.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Tue May 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Im just glad someone beside me gots to deal with it. You guys make a lot of sense with your level headed out look, the girl could be making it up , it could be just some ploy to get the house and the kids.

I seriously doubt , it that moment she told me some shit like that, that I would be able to keep a cool enough head, not to beat his brains in with a croquet mallet.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:30 pm

There are always two sides to every story. Both need to be heard before any action is ever taken.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed May 27, 2015 2:10 pm

son of liberty wrote:Im just glad someone beside me gots to deal with it. You guys make a lot of sense with your level headed out look, the girl could be making it up , it could be just some ploy to get the house and the kids.

I seriously doubt , it that moment she told me some shit like that, that I would be able to keep a cool enough head, not to beat his brains in with a croquet mallet.
Believe me, I've held that same mind state before. I'm sour on reacting too quickly, especially without knowing further details with even a hint of certainty.

Twice in my life I've reacted, after witnessing guys hitting women in public. I did what I thought was right and protected the women. The side effect of their safety resulted in boyfriend injuries. In both instances the women defended their "men" and cried assault for their boyfriends. I had enough witnesses to support me in one case. In the other, I would have been headed to jail if the girls face hadn't started showing proof she was abused. She had up till that point denied to the police that anything had happened to her.

I'll always protect the defenseless if I can but I will never react with physical action again until I find myself threatened or in danger. It's a shitty situation either way you cut it.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:35 pm

ProCroation wrote:
son of liberty wrote:Im just glad someone beside me gots to deal with it. You guys make a lot of sense with your level headed out look, the girl could be making it up , it could be just some ploy to get the house and the kids.

Believe me, I've held that same mind state before. I'm sour on reacting too quickly, especially without knowing further details with even a hint of certainty.

Twice in my life I've reacted, after witnessing guys hitting women in public. I did what I thought was right and protected the women. The side effect of their safety resulted in boyfriend injuries. In both instances the women defended their "men" and cried assault for their boyfriends. I had enough witnesses to support me in one case. In the other, I would have been headed to jail if the girls face hadn't started showing proof she was abused. She had up till that point denied to the police that anything had happened to her.

I'll always protect the defenseless if I can but I will never react with physical action again until I find myself threatened or in danger. It's a shitty situation either way you cut it.
Sounds like you almost learned that the hard way. But i agree 100% i would want to react as you did and kick the dudes ass, but at this point in my life i would restrain myself fro fear of legal repercussions that could hurt me and/ or my family. Years ago before i had kids i probably wouldnt even have thought twice about it. One way or the other i hope this is resolved.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Wed May 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Rem700 wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

Sounds like you almost learned that the hard way. But i agree 100% i would want to react as you did and kick the dudes ass, but at this point in my life i would restrain myself fro fear of legal repercussions that could hurt me and/ or my family. Years ago before i had kids i probably wouldnt even have thought twice about it. One way or the other i hope this is resolved.
Yeah almost. I learned a valuable lesson from those days though. It's sad because girls like that make it hard for the ones who are really in trouble, to get immediate help I suppose.

I hope the system works properly and the neighbor girls situation is resolved accordingly. Whichever way the truth takes the investigation of course. I hope they get it right.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Wed May 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Its a difficult situation no doubt, the most prudent way of dealing with it is likely just the way you are. There are a few things in this world that make me want to carve out eyes with a rusty spoon and this is surly one of them, I would hope that at my age I would have enough restraint to not react from my heart, but I question my ability to do that.

The effectiveness of such a reaction such as that is questionable at best, I mean the kids still going to be fucked up, still have problems, and still need help. I can say this right now with a level head but how level it would be at the time..........?

Return to “Everything Else”