This GTR gets the business...

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Re: This GTR gets the business...

Post by Marcus » Tue May 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:Never looked up one of those cars but over 400 Hp and 400 torque with twin turbos...how can I get me one too
His has 1300hp now.

How did he get it to that?
Boost
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:Never looked up one of those cars but over 400 Hp and 400 torque with twin turbos...how can I get me one too
His has 1300hp now.

More air and fuel in, more air and fuel out...haha

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Niceguy wrote:Being able to keep the car together and get it down the track is an even bigger part of a race than making big power. Anyone with some knowledge and money can make big power. Most struggle to keep it together and get it down the track.
There are of course fast cars and then there are fast drivers. .

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Wyldman wrote:You're right. I know a lot of people who have the money to make major league power, but totally lack the the talent to use it, or the know-how to keep it together.

I still laugh every time I see/hear a really loud vehicle that that makes all kinds of mean noises and goes nowhere. I just can't seem to get across the idea that loud does not equal fast.

Living just off of Westport Rd., I hear really mean sounding vehicles using it as a race track, all the time. The funny part is that the noise starts, and goes on, & on, & on.

Fast means that the noise starts and diminishes rapidly as the vehicle dopplers away. This is very rarely the case, around here.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
Drag racing isn't impressive to me anyways. Since we are on topic, fast cars do more than go straight for 10seconds and actually brake and turn. Road course racing is where fast drivers and fast cars meet up to do work. Not a straight line as some people think the benchmark is.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:32 pm

Marcus wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
His has 1300hp now.

Boost
Well that's a bit of it. He spent 70k in upgrades on a close to 100k car. A bit more than turn up boost but you know that.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Tue May 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Yeah. But let's be honest, most of that is just making it live under big boost.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Marcus wrote:Yeah. But let's be honest, most of that is just making it live under big boost.
I was kind of saying that.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 12, 2015 3:36 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Wyldman wrote:You're right. I know a lot of people who have the money to make major league power, but totally lack the the talent to use it, or the know-how to keep it together.

I still laugh every time I see/hear a really loud vehicle that that makes all kinds of mean noises and goes nowhere. I just can't seem to get across the idea that loud does not equal fast.

Living just off of Westport Rd., I hear really mean sounding vehicles using it as a race track, all the time. The funny part is that the noise starts, and goes on, & on, & on.

Fast means that the noise starts and diminishes rapidly as the vehicle dopplers away. This is very rarely the case, around here.

Drag racing isn't impressive to me anyways. Since we are on topic, fast cars do more than go straight for 10seconds and actually brake and turn. Road course racing is where fast drivers and fast cars meet up to do work. Not a straight line as some people think the benchmark is.
I agree to an extent. I enjoy a good drag race, but definitely prefer road coarse racing. Only motorsport I don't give 2 shits about and rather be shot than watch is Nascar. If you even consider that a motorsport...haha

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Niceguy wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I agree to an extent. I enjoy a good drag race, but definitely prefer road coarse racing. Only motorsport I don't give 2 shits about and rather be shot than watch is Nascar. If you even consider that a motorsport...haha
Correct. I don't hate drag racing but it is far less skill to do than road racing.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 12, 2015 3:43 pm

The pussys of Nascar don't even race in the rain. The fucking bikes do 200mph in the rain! Puuuuuussaaays!!! haha

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Tue May 12, 2015 3:47 pm

That's why, while I have done a considerable amount of drag racing in the past, I always enjoyed the autocross & road racing events much more. I used to get lots of stink-eye from people who got beat by a 2.5 ton pickup truck.

IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Wyldman wrote:That's why, while I have done a considerable amount of drag racing in the past, I always enjoyed the autocross & road racing events much more. I used to get lots of stink-eye from people who got beat by a 2.5 ton pickup truck.

For a heavy truck, those things handle pretty damn good too...

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:32 pm

Ok splain how he gets the boost....adding stuff to the engine? Tuning? what?

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Dave1965 wrote:Ok splain how he gets the boost....adding stuff to the engine? Tuning? what?
All the above. Larger turbos, maybe more displacement, tuning, just to start with.

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Tue May 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Usually bigger turbo(s) for more airflow...then letting them build psi

...fuel system and ecu to keep it gassed

and drivetrain upgrades to handle more torque

Not a gtr expert or anything...nor do i know anything particular on the car in the vid

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:57 pm

You guys know a zillion times more than me on this though SNL

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:08 pm

If I remember correctly, he said the car made like 30 pounds of boost. It has a completely built bottom end with reworked factory heads. Bigger turbos and waaaay more boost. That's plain rowdy!

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Yeah. That power at that displacement would be 30-35psi.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Dave1965 wrote:You guys know a zillion times more than me on this though SNL
Turbo cars are much easier to get extra power from and to up it really cheap comparitive to a naturally aspirated car. The higher the boost psi, the more power you make. The more boost though requires more air and fuel so high pressure fuel pumps, bigger injectors, timing maps, bigger exhaust to get it out quicker are the general idea. That being said, a good tuner (person) is the difference between a clean good running 1300hp and a blown apart engine on the first pull.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:03 pm

I had one turbo car in my life, it was a nearly new 89 toyota supra. Biggest problem car ever.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Tue May 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I had one turbo car in my life, it was a nearly new 89 toyota supra. Biggest problem car ever.
Electronics and fuel injection really wasn't ready for big or reliable power in 89. Especially boosted.

Jonwoos
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Jonwoos » Tue May 12, 2015 10:26 pm

jackalo626 wrote:

I like all racing, but if I could afford it, I would be road racing, or autocross.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue May 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Jonwoos wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I like all racing, but if I could afford it, I would be road racing, or autocross.
Same here. Used to do SCCA racing. Good times.

Return to “Everything Else”