Louisville Gun Show

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Joe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Louisville Gun Show

Post by Joe » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 pm

I think I will go and look around. The $20 is just an entertainment expense. I have found some good buys even in the last couple of years. I know Dave1965 gets some very good buys at gun shows even here at Louisville.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:06 pm

I went this morning, didn't have time to stick around too long as the CATS have to play today at 4 pm instead of the usual later game. Just my luck. Have been to the Military Show the last two days though. At the military show, I met three Medal of Honor awardees, General Patton's Grandson, and today at the gun show, I met one of the CIA Security Team at the ANNEX at Benghazi (the ones who weren't allowed to go fight for the embassy) and got an autographed book from the guy (Donations for the book go to the Shadow Warrior Fund for those contractors who came home with injuries but no insurance, etc). Interesting person to talk to for sure and I semi collect signed books so it fits my collection too. Plus Fuck Hillary!!

It took me about 5 minutes to get thru the traffic and park and then because I didn't take any guns in, I found Brillo Head (ron dixon promoter) who likes to bring a bucket out to the big foyer and sell tickets himself if you have correct change. You can bypass the big line to buy tickets if you know what he looks like and what he is doing. I didn't have to wait in the big line to have guns checked because I knew that line would be nuts this morning.

Went in and made a quick pass and a half thru the show (saw ADAYTON for a minute) and some other friends. It was NUTS there but manageable. I bought some 5.56 VN dated ammo for about 9 bucks a box in stripper clipped bandoleers though. Worth if for me. And I bought some stuff to make some dollars on via Ebay. I must say though, this is probably one of the BEST gun shows we have had in Kentucky in two years. Lots of Variety, lots of different people from out of town, and lots of things I wish I could have bought and there were some decent deals on some things if you knew what you were looking at.

There was lots of military stuff at this show as people know that it coincides with the big SOS Military Show next door and so they come to capitalize on all the collectors in the area for that show (which winds down today and some dealers migrate their tables over to the gun show from the SOS). Next year the whole deal will be screwed up because for whatever reason, the gun show guy doesn't want to seem to be affiliated with the SOS anymore (which draws people from worldwide---I know two guys who come from ASIA to buy stuff-- plus a number of Europeans who do too). So next year the gun show and military show are supposed to be one week apart unless something changes.

Ammo at this gun show was selling well but there were not a lot of dealers with it. One regular ammo dealer I saw sell his last case of AK ammo for 250 plus tax. He was saying it must be a great deal because he only had the one case left. I wanted to tell his customer, just order it from Centerfire. They have plenty at the same price. Anyway, Green Tip was there, I didn't see anyone actually buying it but it was priced .75 to a dollar a round so I guess if you wanted to go make money, sell it less than that. The guy from KY IMPORTS was probably the highest on green tip ammo...surprise surprise.

Again, if there was a show you were looking for something for a while to find, this would probably be it. Yeah it costs 20 to get in but it costs me that much in gas too. Whatever, I consider it as cheap entertainment as going to a movie and probably something I would like to do better. If you can't afford $20 to go , you probably aren't really into going anyway. I guarantee I save money every time I go and I also enjoy it.

I am going to try and make it again tomorrow over to the gun show so if anyone is going and wants to meet up and hang out, just let me know. Probably earlier in the morning as I find it easier to get away from the wife that way :).

And if there is anything specific you want me to shop for, send me a list and a cell number to text and I will happily pick it up and work out a way to get it to you. Just drop me a PM.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Dave1965 wrote: Anyway, Green Tip was there, I didn't see anyone actually buying it but it was priced .75 to a dollar a round so I guess if you wanted to go make money, sell it less than that. The guy from KY IMPORTS was probably the highest on green tip ammo...surprise surprise.
Double to triple what it was selling for just a little over a week ago
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:23 pm

I used to like the KY Import guy. Before his son ruined his business, he was great to deal with.
With his prices I'm really surprised he stays in business.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Toddstang wrote:I used to like the KY Import guy. Before his son ruined his business, he was great to deal with.
With his prices I'm really surprised he stays in business.

He often is the only one around with what you may be looking for. I have bought some stuff from him over the years but it wasn't crazy priced, just a little higher than you would order it for and you can have instant gratification by buying it right then

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:55 pm

I went today. It was busy, but not insane busy--I think much of the vehicle traffic was for the home and garden show.

It was an excellent day for me. I'd been looking for a clean shooter-grade Colt 1903, and I finally found one today at a reasonable price.

Ammo prices were for the most part the same as we've been seeing the past few months. The only thing that was *ridiculously* overpriced was 62 grain 5.56 (.75/round and up). .22LR was also overpriced, but at least it was available.

Got to meet Hickok45--that was cool.

ETA: should have read the thread before posting--Dave summarized the show *much* better than I did.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I went this morning, didn't have time to stick around too long as the CATS have to play today at 4 pm instead of the usual later game. Just my luck. Have been to the Military Show the last two days though. At the military show, I met three Medal of Honor awardees, General Patton's Grandson, and today at the gun show, I met one of the CIA Security Team at the ANNEX at Benghazi (the ones who weren't allowed to go fight for the embassy) and got an autographed book from the guy (Donations for the book go to the Shadow Warrior Fund for those contractors who came home with injuries but no insurance, etc). Interesting person to talk to for sure and I semi collect signed books so it fits my collection too. Plus Fuck Hillary!!

It took me about 5 minutes to get thru the traffic and park and then because I didn't take any guns in, I found Brillo Head (ron dixon promoter) who likes to bring a bucket out to the big foyer and sell tickets himself if you have correct change. You can bypass the big line to buy tickets if you know what he looks like and what he is doing. I didn't have to wait in the big line to have guns checked because I knew that line would be nuts this morning.

Went in and made a quick pass and a half thru the show (saw ADAYTON for a minute) and some other friends. It was NUTS there but manageable. I bought some 5.56 VN dated ammo for about 9 bucks a box in stripper clipped bandoleers though. Worth if for me. And I bought some stuff to make some dollars on via Ebay. I must say though, this is probably one of the BEST gun shows we have had in Kentucky in two years. Lots of Variety, lots of different people from out of town, and lots of things I wish I could have bought and there were some decent deals on some things if you knew what you were looking at.

There was lots of military stuff at this show as people know that it coincides with the big SOS Military Show next door and so they come to capitalize on all the collectors in the area for that show (which winds down today and some dealers migrate their tables over to the gun show from the SOS). Next year the whole deal will be screwed up because for whatever reason, the gun show guy doesn't want to seem to be affiliated with the SOS anymore (which draws people from worldwide---I know two guys who come from ASIA to buy stuff-- plus a number of Europeans who do too). So next year the gun show and military show are supposed to be one week apart unless something changes.

Ammo at this gun show was selling well but there were not a lot of dealers with it. One regular ammo dealer I saw sell his last case of AK ammo for 250 plus tax. He was saying it must be a great deal because he only had the one case left. I wanted to tell his customer, just order it from Centerfire. They have plenty at the same price. Anyway, Green Tip was there, I didn't see anyone actually buying it but it was priced .75 to a dollar a round so I guess if you wanted to go make money, sell it less than that. The guy from KY IMPORTS was probably the highest on green tip ammo...surprise surprise.

Again, if there was a show you were looking for something for a while to find, this would probably be it. Yeah it costs 20 to get in but it costs me that much in gas too. Whatever, I consider it as cheap entertainment as going to a movie and probably something I would like to do better. If you can't afford $20 to go , you probably aren't really into going anyway. I guarantee I save money every time I go and I also enjoy it.

I am going to try and make it again tomorrow over to the gun show so if anyone is going and wants to meet up and hang out, just let me know. Probably earlier in the morning as I find it easier to get away from the wife that way :).

And if there is anything specific you want me to shop for, send me a list and a cell number to text and I will happily pick it up and work out a way to get it to you. Just drop me a PM.
What time do you think you'll be there? I may try and meet up with you.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Johnny you have to meet up with me tomorrow as well;)
:llama:

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Mike wrote:Johnny you have to meet up with me tomorrow as well;)
Definitely. That's why I was asking. Trying to get a game plan. Gotta make Roosters too...haha Figuring you, gun show, Roosters...

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:54 pm

Don't know on a time yet. Wife may want to go into work for a bit so I could drop her off and go to the show. Only she is not too an early riser on the weekend and I like to get out and go. Will try to text you and will leave you a message here. I will likely be over there three or four hours for sure

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Might take my old rail if I go and try to sell it

Jeepjockey
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Jeepjockey » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:00 pm

anyone see Hickock45 roaming around there? He posted pics from the show on his FB page.
A.K.A MMAJEEPER

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:02 pm

Jeepjockey wrote:anyone see Hickock45 roaming around there? He posted pics from the show on his FB page.
He's about 7ft tall.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Louisville Gun Show

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Frailer wrote:I went today. It was busy, but not insane busy--I think much of the vehicle traffic was for the home and garden show.

It was an excellent day for me. I'd been looking for a clean shooter-grade Colt 1903, and I finally found one today at a reasonable price.

Ammo prices were for the most part the same as we've been seeing the past few months. The only thing that was *ridiculously* overpriced was 62 grain 5.56 (.75/round and up). .22LR was also overpriced, but at least it was available.

Got to meet Hickok45--that was cool.

ETA: should have read the thread before posting--Dave summarized the show *much* better than I did.
Frailer did
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 pm

I did indeed. I'm 6'1", and he made me feel like a midget. Excuse me..."little person."

He has hands like hams.

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Eireguy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:24 am

I didnt even know ky imports was still open

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:36 am

Ammo and mags only at KY Imports.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 am

Going to head over soon again. Should be there by 0930 or 1000

Joe
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:04 am

Didnt get to make it yesterday. I am going to try to get there this morning. For those who dont know me if you see someone that kind of reminds you of Santa thats prob me. Say hi.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:16 am

If I make it it won't be till early afternoon.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Dad and I just got home. Had a good time just roaming around together. Almost bought some .22...couple had them for not horrible prices. Green tip was anywhere from .50 to 1.00 a round. Did pick up one thing...ATI stock for the hi-point carbine for $30

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Brother in-law and I had a great time. I just picked up odds and ends, Glock parts, a new ruck, and other stuff.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Had a good time roaming around with niceguy, did pick up some ammo and some bits and pieces here and there. Saw my friend again in the military show right before going to the gun show and he had a badge from another friend of his so he gave it to me to use since he was leaving. Can't beat free admission.

For those of you inclined to go on the cheap, you can always park at the bowling alley and walk over, I have a friend that does that. He also tells me you can bring a sharpie of a few colors in your pocket and when you get there, see what people have on their hand. Put a little ink on your hand and smear it around and you are good to go. The epitome of cheap is what he is. Its a shame ole brillo head doesn't do like the other shows in the area and allow you in two days for one admission. THats just wrong I think.

Ran into Sean and his older brother...er dad...they do look alike. Yes Sean was wearing patches.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Had a good time... Picked a couple HiPower mags and a trigger kit for my G41. Saw some cool shit, saw some stuff that made me want to punch the sellers...haha

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:49 pm

LOTS OF HIIIIIIIIIIGH DOLLAR $$$$ SHOTGUNS!!!

Return to “Everything Else”