Hey, did you know that it might snow tomorrow?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Hey, did you know that it might snow tomorrow?

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:43 pm

ssracer wrote:With the temps coming up in the negative double digits I'd say school will probably be out all week
Yep, they don't want kids standing around wating for the bus in -10F with -25F windchill conditions. Besides many back roads are going to be sheets of ice in the morning.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Do they make a chapped nipple cream?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:49 pm

I seem to recalled when I was a kid they didn't call off school unless it was a F*ing blizzard.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Toddstang wrote:Do they make a chapped nipple cream?
Udder balm
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:07 pm

WLJ wrote:I seem to recalled when I was a kid they didn't call off school unless it was a F*ing blizzard.
Yeah, school getting called off was a major thing, and we wouldn't know until we woke up early in the morning and turned on the radio. Society Is Getting soft.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:15 pm

rustynuts wrote:
WLJ wrote:I seem to recalled when I was a kid they didn't call off school unless it was a F*ing blizzard.
Yeah, school getting called off was a major thing, and we wouldn't know until we woke up early in the morning and turned on the radio. Society Is Getting soft.
Society has been a marshmallow for a long time.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:24 pm

If the milk delivery trucks couldn't make their deliveries to JCPS then that's when they called school off when we were kids.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:26 pm

ssracer wrote:With the temps coming up in the negative double digits I'd say school will probably be out all week
My school district has already made the call: we're out all week.

I'm heartbroken. Not.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Course last time we had rediculous temps some dumb ass parent left there kid standing at the bus stop for 45 mins. Parent left kid and went to work. Bus was substitute and missed the kid. Kid damn near froze to death. I think kid finally went to a neighbors house when he couldn't get In his own. Stupid parents.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:34 pm

Rem700 wrote:Course last time we had rediculous temps some dumb ass parent left there kid standing at the bus stop for 45 mins. Parent left kid and went to work. Bus was substitute and missed the kid. Kid damn near froze to death. I think kid finally went to a neighbors house when he couldn't get In his own. Stupid parents.
Cant blame the parents if the bus was 45 minutes late. Most parents drop their kids off and go on to work.
Growing up my parents went to work and I was on my own from age 10 at getting myself ready and going to school.
Most employers don't want to hear your sob story about being late because your kid is cold. At least my employer doesn't any ways.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:35 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Rem700 wrote:Course last time we had rediculous temps some dumb ass parent left there kid standing at the bus stop for 45 mins. Parent left kid and went to work. Bus was substitute and missed the kid. Kid damn near froze to death. I think kid finally went to a neighbors house when he couldn't get In his own. Stupid parents.
Cant blame the parents if the bus was 45 minutes late. Most parents drop their kids off and go on to work.
Growing up my parents went to work and I was on my own from age 10 at getting myself ready and going to school.
Most employers don't want to hear your sob story about being late because your kid is cold. At least my employer doesn't any ways.
There was a time when most kids weren't so F*ing helpless.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Toddstang wrote:
UPS would fire you if you were late and that was why. That is, if you were "pointed out". You can't put yourself in that position though I guess.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Yep. Now days that's called abandonment.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:20 am

WLJ wrote:There was a time when most kids weren't so F*ing helpless.
Like when we could still take guns to school
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 am

My 410 was in the trunk of my Mustang in September.
Left school to go squirrel hunting.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:39 am

Toddstang wrote:My 410 was in the trunk of my Mustang in September.
Different times my friend.....better times. Too bad im not old enough to remember them.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:45 am

I had a shotgun in my truck while a senior in HS used to go shoot skeet after school
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:03 am

I kept a blank firing mp40 german smg on the back seat of my 75 monte carlo in plain sight. and a fake pineapple grenade on my column shifter for poops and giggles.

No one ever thought or said a thing about it.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:06 am

I took my Ruger Blackhawk and at least one other gun INTO high school to show my wood shop teacher in the mid90's. And I was considered a bad kid and they still didn't hesitate to let me bring them in. DEFINITELY different times now... Sad to see.

baknblack

Post by baknblack » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Nothing to see a rifle or shotgun in a pickup gun rack at Henry County hs during the late 70s.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:55 pm

And no school for JCPS Thursday

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:25 pm

Rest of the week out for Henry Co.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Now they're talking about the possibility of more snow and perhaps freezing rain over the weekend.

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:54 am

Toddstang wrote:
This. I was in elementary school in Indianapolis in the 90's. I remember being in the freezing cold standing around waiting on the bus. Mom left for work an hour before the bus showed. We just waited at home, made sure to lock the door when we went to the busstop and dealt with it.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:00 pm

School canceled for tomorrow

Return to “Everything Else”