Now that sucks

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Now that sucks

Post by WLJ » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Canada's Supreme Court has said it will not hear the appeal of a Quebec man who missed a C$27m (£18m) lottery jackpot by seven seconds.
Joel Ifergan bought two tickets for the weekly lottery draw in 2008, but the second ticket with the winning numbers printed just after the deadline.
Canada lottery 'winner' missed jackpot by seven seconds
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Now that sucks

Post by PDM » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:39 pm

That does suck. I tend to procrastinate so that could easily be my story :oops:
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Now that sucks

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:55 pm

From the sound of things it doesn't look like procrastination was the issue. The 'sold on' date was seven seconds after the cut-off, so I would assume his card would be valid for the NEXT drawing.

That does indeed suck. Doesn't change the way time works. Though I do wonder if there could be some sort of argument with comparing the clocks in different stores to the 'official' clock the lotto is using.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Return to “Everything Else”