Styrophobia. I'll be damned, it really does exist.

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Styrophobia. I'll be damned, it really does exist.

Post by ChickenLady » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 am

Toecutter1978 wrote:I had a girlfriend that was freaked out by the popping of biscuits in a tube. Good thing is she always made them from scratch, some of the best biscuits I've ever had.
I can't handle the biscuits in a tube either. Terrifies me. I make Joe open biscuit tubes.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:22 am

Rem700 wrote:
Niceguy wrote:I think all these "phobias" are bullshit. Things have scared people and people have not liked things since the beginning of time and just fucking dealt with it. There's lots of shit I don't like but if there's no way around whatever it is, I just don't be a pussy and do whatever it takes. Old dirty dishwater that you can't see through is probably the one thing that freaks me out more than anything. I would rather reach into a port-a-can than dirty dishwater, but I've done it more than once. And I didn't act like a 9 year old girl doing it. I guess the point of my story is , don't be a pussy. There are LOTS!!!!! of shit in life that sucks, but most you still have to do...
......Its called "being a little bitch" the cure used to be someone kicking your ass and telling you to man the fuck up......now they have Dr's who want to talk to you about your feelings and why blah blah blah.......pussification of society in full swing.
That person was my 6'6" 280 Marine dad back handing me in the gut telling me to quit acting like a split tail....haha

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 am

WLJ wrote:Niceguy has Phobophobia (phobia of phobias)
I have a phobia of people with phobias.

I once had to get a 350 pound kid off the top of a "confidence climb" obstacle on an obstacle course. I guess the kid waited until he got to the top to figure out he was terrified of heights--then he froze. I had to grab his hands and feet one and a time and guide them to where they need to be. The worst part was when he decided that his best course of action was to lean on me. I kept picturing myself falling 25 feet and breaking both legs, only to be fatally squashed by Baby Huey's fat ass a half-second later.

The times when I had guys trying to kill me I felt more angry than scared. But *this* scared me.

samb.

Post by samb. » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:02 am

rustynuts wrote:
samb. wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
samb. wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
Whootsinator wrote:Well that's... strange...

Not enjoying it or even hating it for a particular reason I could understand. Being outright afraid of it is strange.
That was my initial thought too. I've heard of some strange phobias but this one is pretty bizarre.

I work at UPS, SOL.
What area?
9/11 Ramp.
I was h wing ramp from 08-10 or so. At wing e shift now on military leave.
Wing H ramp got assimilated into 9/11. A couple of my employees came over from Wing E last summer.
Ive been gone since 2011, I will be back toward the end of 2015 but stuck in E until March when I quit. I was never technically ramp I guess but I was outbound loading for H wing and loaded all the bellies of the wing planes.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 am

haha Definitely not saying you should never fear anything, especially than can get you killed. More saying people that stay home and get a gubment disability check and shit like that for being terrified that a leprechaun is going to steal their lucky charms need to be throat punched and told to quit being a pussy...

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 am

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:Niceguy has Phobophobia (phobia of phobias)
I have a phobia of people with phobias.

I once had to get a 350 pound kid off the top of a "confidence climb" obstacle on an obstacle course. I guess the kid waited until he got to the top to figure out he was terrified of heights--then he froze. I had to grab his hands and feet one and a time and guide them to where they need to be. The worst part was when he decided that his best course of action was to lean on me. I kept picturing myself falling 25 feet and breaking both legs, only to be fatally squashed by Baby Huey's fat ass a half-second later.

The times when I had guys trying to kill me I felt more angry than scared. But *this* scared me.
That happened to me too many times over at the confidence course at Crooked Creek during summer camp. Luckily I was able to get them all down without incident. Fear can stop the bravest, and strongest of people.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:13 am

ChickenLady wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:I had a girlfriend that was freaked out by the popping of biscuits in a tube. Good thing is she always made them from scratch, some of the best biscuits I've ever had.
I can't handle the biscuits in a tube either. Terrifies me. I make Joe open biscuit tubes.
Are you able to operate a jack in the box, or how about the bottle poppers for celebrations?

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:29 am

ChickenLady wrote:
I love popping those tubes!

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:47 am

I have a fear of heights but have overcome it multiple times (in the army--planes, helicopters, rappelling, obstacle courses) and in regular job (bridge towers and more bridges). Also afraid of dumbass drivers in traffic...scratch that, they just piss me off.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:25 pm

I have brokeaphobia.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:32 pm

CL has Nettophobia
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:34 pm

I think my Wife has pantophobia.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:06 pm

WLJ wrote:CL has Nettophobia
Everyone has Nettophobia

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:19 pm

jackalo626 wrote:I have brokeaphobia.
hahaha

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Dustin wrote:I think my Wife has pantophobia.
Fear she'll have to see you with your pants off?
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:
ChickenLady wrote:
Are you able to operate a jack in the box, or how about the bottle poppers for celebrations?
Jack in the box hell no. Bottle poppers yes.

Balloons no. Those fuckers can pop at any time.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Like I can hold a balloon and deal with a balloon. But let it have the option of popping. I'm out.

I'm also afraid of rabbits. Don't trust them.

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:51 pm

and no. Not afraid of Netto. He's a swell guy.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:22 pm

ChickenLady wrote:and no. Not afraid of Netto. He's a swell guy.
You have to say that cause hes watching huh? :llama:

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ssracer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Rem700 wrote:
ChickenLady wrote:and no. Not afraid of Netto. He's a swell guy.
You have to say that cause hes watching huh? :llama:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422387247.742023.jpg

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:11 am

I'd be afraid.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:06 am

ChickenLady wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
ChickenLady wrote:

This can be a great case study for a masters thesis and an even better doctoral dissertation.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:18 am

Toecutter1978 wrote:
ChickenLady wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
ChickenLady wrote:

This can be a great case study for a masters thesis and an even better doctoral dissertation.
Pales in comparison to what's said the pit in that regard
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Penguin23b

Post by Penguin23b » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 am

rustynuts wrote:
samb. wrote:
rustynuts wrote:

Not enjoying it or even hating it for a particular reason I could understand. Being outright afraid of it is strange.
That was my initial thought too. I've heard of some strange phobias but this one is pretty bizarre.

I work at UPS, SOL.
What area?
9/11 Ramp.
This is completely irrelevant, but were work neighbors lol. I'm a driver in cargo

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:29 am

Penguin23b wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
samb. wrote:
rustynuts wrote:

I work at UPS, SOL.
What area?
9/11 Ramp.
This is completely irrelevant, but were work neighbors lol. I'm a driver in cargo
I've probably seen you on my planes then.

Return to “Everything Else”