SHOT Show

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Re: SHOT Show

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Tyler wrote:
ssracer wrote:
Tyler wrote:
ssracer wrote:And would be available to the public. I bet FA only
Why would you think that?
A couple of posts I have seen about it on FB from people at the show
Not that I could afford anything from LWRC, but that would suck.
just saw a little better write up. Said civi versions should be out in 2016.

I'm sure I'll never be able to afford one though...lol

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:26 pm

have to have long barrel or no stock, still wouldn't mind one

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:36 pm

SBR

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:14 pm

Just saw where colt is releasing two ARs...one with a FSP and the other with a low profile gas block. Each comes with no stock, trigger guard, hand guard or sights (except the FSP on one) and MSRP is under $800.

Cool idea IMO. Sell a good, base rifle without the parts that almost everyone replaces anyway and just let them kit it out how they want.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:39 pm

ssracer wrote:Just saw where colt is releasing two ARs...one with a FSP and the other with a low profile gas block. Each comes with no stock, trigger guard, hand guard or sights (except the FSP on one) and MSRP is under $800.

Cool idea IMO. Sell a good, base rifle without the parts that almost everyone replaces anyway and just let them kit it out how they want.
Looks like Colt hired someone worth a dam in marketing finally.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Colt probably couldn't get the parts. :o :o

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:37 pm

son of liberty wrote:
son of liberty wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Tyler wrote:LWRC 45acp, takes UMP mags
That looks like A LOT of fun!
I wish it took glock mags
and came in 10mm
You couldn't find the ammo to enjoy it.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Whootsinator wrote:Geissele is releasing a Tavor trigger to go with their Tavor trigger pack. The trigger and trigger pack are different. If you only use the trigger pack, the mechanism breaks cleanly and crisply, but the trigger itself is still the relatively sloppy bullpup Tavor trigger. If you use their trigger pack AND trigger, it removes much of the slop associated with bullpup triggers.

They're also releasing an AK trigger. A Kalashnikov USA AK, with a Geissele trigger? Yes, please and thank you.
Battle rifles shouldn't have 2 lb triggers but that's my opinion.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:38 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
son of liberty wrote:
son of liberty wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Tyler wrote:LWRC 45acp, takes UMP mags
That looks like A LOT of fun!
I wish it took glock mags
and came in 10mm
You couldn't find the ammo to enjoy it.
Kinda like the .22LR M1 and M1A at shot

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:39 pm

son of liberty wrote:ERSG glock mags

http://www.etsgroup.us/
Nothing wrong with Glock mags now so.......wait wait wait just a second folks, it says msrp under $20. I am excited about the new glock mags now lol.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:39 pm

WLJ wrote:Kel-Tec’s New Sub2000 Ver. 2.0
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... 0-ver-2-0/
Want.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:40 pm

Lol...magpies Glock mags are supposed to be around $15

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:46 pm

ssracer wrote:Lol...magpies Glock mags are supposed to be around $15
And I'm supposed to be driving a Porsche but I am still working on it.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:51 pm

You drive a Z...the engine is just in the wrong end :llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Whootsinator wrote:Geissele is releasing a Tavor trigger to go with their Tavor trigger pack. The trigger and trigger pack are different. If you only use the trigger pack, the mechanism breaks cleanly and crisply, but the trigger itself is still the relatively sloppy bullpup Tavor trigger. If you use their trigger pack AND trigger, it removes much of the slop associated with bullpup triggers.

They're also releasing an AK trigger. A Kalashnikov USA AK, with a Geissele trigger? Yes, please and thank you.
Agreed
What is sometimes referred to as a bench trigger may not be the best trigger for close in combat. Last thing I want while clearing rooms is the guy behind me to have a hair trigger. I personally have zero issues with the Tavor trigger as it is out of the box. YMMV
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

HEYOPEY
Been liked: 0

Post by HEYOPEY » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Not that I have $$$ for it.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:50 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Agreed
What is sometimes referred to as a bench trigger may not be the best trigger for close in combat. Last thing I want while clearing rooms is the guy behind me to have a hair trigger. I personally have zero issues with the Tavor trigger as it is out of the box. YMMV
With all due respect to diversity of preference...

The difference between a "bench trigger" and a stock Tavor trigger is...<struggling for the right synonym for FUCKING HUGE>...rather large.

In any event, my room clearing days are over. These days I don't point guns at anything I don't plan on shooting anyway.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:52 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Agreed

Having an opinion is fine and dandy, and Geissele would actually AGREE with both of your opinions... but you're both insinuating things that aren't true. The lightest trigger Geissele makes and recommends for combat use is a two-stage 3.5 pound trigger that they recommend for DMR/SPR roles, and not general use. Their standard (SSA, SD-C, and G2S) general combat use triggers have 4.5 pound pull weights. They aren't exceptionally light, and are in no way unsafe. What they are is very high quality, resulting in a clean, consistent (and therefore predictable) break.

If someone is so fucked up you don't trust them behind you in combat, the solution is actually making them better... not handicapping them with a poor trigger. For your personal use, it is obviously your call to decide whether a trigger upgrade is worth it to you. I plan to have the appropriate Geissele trigger in any AR I own because it makes that much of a difference to me.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 am

jackalo626 wrote:
son of liberty wrote:ERSG glock mags

http://www.etsgroup.us/
Nothing wrong with Glock mags now so.......wait wait wait just a second folks, it says msrp under $20. I am excited about the new glock mags now lol.

Hey Glock mags are great, but with it being such a huge player in the market, it seems foolish that Korea is the only company making affordable glock mags. Hey im stoked that magpul is making some as well , the more they make the better the cost.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:40 am

ssracer wrote:You drive a Z...the engine is just in the wrong end :llama:
Thanks buddy.

Penguin23b

Post by Penguin23b » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:24 am

Whootsinator wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Agreed

Having an opinion is fine and dandy, and Geissele would actually AGREE with both of your opinions... but you're both insinuating things that aren't true. The lightest trigger Geissele makes and recommends for combat use is a two-stage 3.5 pound trigger that they recommend for DMR/SPR roles, and not general use. Their standard (SSA, SD-C, and G2S) general combat use triggers have 4.5 pound pull weights. They aren't exceptionally light, and are in no way unsafe. What they are is very high quality, resulting in a clean, consistent (and therefore predictable) break.

If someone is so fucked up you don't trust them behind you in combat, the solution is actually making them better... not handicapping them with a poor trigger. For your personal use, it is obviously your call to decide whether a trigger upgrade is worth it to you. I plan to have the appropriate Geissele trigger in any AR I own because it makes that much of a difference to me.
^^This

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:48 am

Be that as it may
Back to the shot show

Not excited over this, just posting for info purpose.

Black Rain Introduces First NRA Branded AR-15
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... ded-ar-15/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:29 pm

tacticool meet tactifashion

SHOT Show: Custom AR Hand Guards from Unique-ARs
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... nique-ars/

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:35 pm

I have to ask the question: if your rifle is camouflaged and you set it down, can you lose it?

From the WyldPhone
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

MoMan

Post by MoMan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:59 pm

HEYOPEY wrote:Not that I have $$$ for it.
That right there is.. SEXXXXXY!!!!
MO

Return to “Everything Else”