Officer shoots off finger after clerk hands him loaded gun

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Joe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Officer shoots off finger after clerk hands him loaded g

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:04 am

I hope you all did notice him rack the slide.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:08 am

Yep, sure did
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:26 pm

Joe wrote:I hope you all did notice him rack the slide.
A semi auto where the slide didn't stay back and a round went in visibly just add to my frustration with these careless people. He carried a gun for a living for 30+ years doing this type of stupid behaviour and it is amazing it just now finally caught up to him. All guns are loaded.....

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Officer shoots off finger after clerk hands him loaded gun

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:35 pm

To be fair here though....how many of your average beat cops are gun guys? How many actually shoot their pistol any more than qualifying every so often? I'd be willing to bet many or most of us here are more familiar with each other's firearms than most cops are with their own. Just because you strap one on your belt every day for 30 years doesn't mean you're a gun expert.

I'm not saying he SHOULDN'T have known better. But just because he has a badge doesn't men he DID know better.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 pm

I always rack the slide to chamber a live round.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Its just typical behavior , from nearly everyone! Even people who train with a firearm, they lay there guns out on there tailgate at the range, load up magazines, load there weapon, stand in front of there man target , and then get serious. How many of you have run drills , draw or bring up your weapon and have the hammer fall on an empty chamber? The same seriousness that goes in to running Elpres needs to go in to every action, not just the fun ones. The first thing in the manual of arms should be to live by the 4 laws of safety, the very next is check the magazine (thats why they have view holes) and press check the chamber.

Stop casually handling firearms, have a practiced routine and perform it every time and with a purposes.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:53 pm

ssracer wrote:To be fair here though....how many of your average beat cops are gun guys? How many actually shoot their pistol any more than qualifying every so often? I'd be willing to bet many or most of us here are more familiar with each other's firearms than most cops are with their own. Just because you strap one on your belt every day for 30 years doesn't mean you're a gun expert.

I'm not saying he SHOULDN'T have known better. But just because he has a badge doesn't men he DID know better.
I didn't call him a gun guy at all. I'm saying that a grown ass man who if even only shot to qualify once a year did so more than 30 yes in a row and apparently did this dumb stuff throughout. I know most cops aren't gun guys from my experience but a typical person who has been to the range knows don't shoot at fingers....

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm not arguing with you, just pointing that out.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm

son of liberty wrote:Its just typical behavior , from nearly everyone! Even people who train with a firearm, they lay there guns out on there tailgate at the range, load up magazines, load there weapon, stand in front of there man target , and then get serious. How many of you have run drills , draw or bring up your weapon and have the hammer fall on an empty chamber? The same seriousness that goes in to running Elpres needs to go in to every action, not just the fun ones. The first thing in the manual of arms should be to live by the 4 laws of safety, the very next is check the magazine (thats why they have view holes) and press check the chamber.

Stop casually handling firearms, have a practiced routine and perform it every time and with a purposes.
Not typical from anyone I shoot with.

Return to “Everything Else”