Time Warner Internet

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Time Warner Internet

Post by ProCroation » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:13 am

Do any of you have it?

I found info on their site about 20mbps speed plus FREE wifi for $50 something a month. That sounds pretty decent compared to the other prices I've seen through U-Verse and ShelbyBroadBand etc... My question mainly regards this...

The "Free" wifi. Is there a data limit on this wifi? Their website isn't clear and I couldn't dig any info up to clarify. Any of you guys have TW internet that can chime in?
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Time Warner Internet

Post by KYgundude » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:03 am

Free Wifif probably means they will give you a Wifi router.

1fastmach1
Been liked: 0

Post by 1fastmach1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:51 am

KYgundude wrote:Free Wifif probably means they will give you a Wifi router.
This.

baknblack

Post by baknblack » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:18 am

No limit

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:46 am

The free wifi means they will give you access to all of the time warner hotspots in the country. You have to download an app that lets you pick them.up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411123530.546350.jpg

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:51 am

Now is that the only thing you have through or will be getting from TW? I don't work for them, but with cable it's cheaper

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:27 am

Their new modems have wifi built in them but are weak. Lucky to get a signal in the next room.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:32 am

TW is the devil!

baknblack

Post by baknblack » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:08 am

Rem700 wrote:TW is the devil!
Speaking of that. Have you by any chance seen this?
Comcast Doesn't Give A F*ck: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:26 am

I have my TW modem's wifi router turned off and broadcasted through a Cisco setup. Running the 5 and 2.4 hertz signals. (I think that is what they called) also has a guest wifi signal I can turn on/off quickly, that's password protected.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:47 am

Rem700 wrote:TW is the devil!
No, but he can be seen on public access from time to time.

BTW: Caught the MFs trying to charge me for a wireless router despite the fact I use my own.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:58 am

Had cable internet for quite a few years. have had much less trouble with it than when we had ATT DSL at the office.

ATT offers "UVERSE" but you have to be careful with what they are selling you. The fiber (which is pretty dang reliable and very fast) is not available everywhere, but they still call their package with a dish, DSL and phone service 'UVERSE'. Pretyy damned sneaky if you ask me.

TWC cable is operating on the hardware that Insight put in, with some upgrades by now I suspect. I have had no issues since TWC too over. when I needed customer service on cable TV TWC was quick to respond and the overall experience was far better than I ever had with Insight. In fact, TWC fixed an ongoing problem with my cable TV in one visit (by a TWC employee... the other 4 that took a crack at it were Insight contractors) that Insight could never get right.

As with anything, your individual service will depend on the area. Asking here may not get you the answer for your area. If the node is over subscribed for your area then you may have great service on off times but slow service when most people are online in prime time.

Ask your neighbors for best results.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:15 am

ChopperDoc wrote:Had cable internet for quite a few years. have had much less trouble with it than when we had ATT DSL at the office.

ATT offers "UVERSE" but you have to be careful with what they are selling you. The fiber (which is pretty dang reliable and very fast) is not available everywhere, but they still call their package with a dish, DSL and phone service 'UVERSE'. Pretyy damned sneaky if you ask me.

TWC cable is operating on the hardware that Insight put in, with some upgrades by now I suspect. I have had no issues since TWC too over. when I needed customer service on cable TV TWC was quick to respond and the overall experience was far better than I ever had with Insight. In fact, TWC fixed an ongoing problem with my cable TV in one visit (by a TWC employee... the other 4 that took a crack at it were Insight contractors) that Insight could never get right.

As with anything, your individual service will depend on the area. Asking here may not get you the answer for your area. If the node is over subscribed for your area then you may have great service on off times but slow service when most people are online in prime time.

Ask your neighbors for best results.
Yep....we have UVERSE....but it aint fiber optic. It runs through the phone line, so its essentially DSL. It works ok for us, but trying to play video games online can suck sometimes. DL speed is fine at about 12 megs, but upload speed is stupid slow...usually about 3/4 of a meg when i speed test it. The price is right though. Mich cheaper than i can get TWC and we do internet only. Havent had cable in years.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:19 am

We do internet only 15meg speed from TWC. I have to call them every 6 months or so when they try to charge me for my equipment when i have a signed letter from them saying my modem is purchades and router will have no fees. ( they did it to compete with uvers). Now they say and audit found I am not paying for it, i say o well i have a signiture and will leave if you dont honor it. my bill is only $30 a month including all taxes and fees.
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:51 am

I have Time Warner. Shit goes out all the time. I have to reset my router everyday almost 2 to 3 times a day. They were out here on Tuesday and installed a new router, which helped some but not much. Still losing internet throughout the day and night. I told them the problem is at the main pole out front of the house but they never listen to me. When it was Insight they told me the main switch out front needed to be replaced in the future because it couldnt handle the new service or some shit. But anyhow TW said everything out there was fine, but they lied because my wife has shrubs growing around the in ground pole and none of them have been touched meaning no one has ever checked recently.
If it were me I would choose anyone else but TW, especially since they will transition over to Comcast which sucks balls even worse.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:02 pm

FYI............TW isn't supposed to roll into Comcast.........it's gonna be Charter
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Got home this afternoon NO interwebz, still no interwebz tonight. Fuckers can't figure it out.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:56 pm

Ar-Rob wrote:FYI............TW isn't supposed to roll into Comcast.........it's gonna be Charter
WUT!!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:17 am

Toecutter1978 wrote:
Ar-Rob wrote:FYI............TW isn't supposed to roll into Comcast.........it's gonna be Charter
WUT!!
TW bought Insight
Comcast then bought TW
Comcast then sold parts of the deal, including the Louisville area, to Charter

Think Human centipede
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:37 am

ANY one other than Comcast is a step up. Comcast is the worst service (BY FAR!) I have ever had.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 am

To clear federal regulation comcast is gonna split the tw states up with charter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 am

And from my experience with them, charter is worse in plant maintenance than anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:35 am

So basically the whole damn country is now owned and run by comcast or a subsidiary of comcast. So monopolies are only allowed if the gov says so. That's nice.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:52 am

So it's crap in the right hand and shit in the left. Both the same, just different names.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:41 am

Yup until AT&T deploys the GPON system Kentucky is screwed. At least we are ahead of Alaska.

Return to “Everything Else”