ProMag crap!

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Jeepjockey
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

ProMag crap!

Post by Jeepjockey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:59 pm

So all of last year I couldn't find any S&W or Promag M&P9 17rd magazines in stock anywhere, not even through my distributor. Up until February this year that is. My distributor finally got promag ones in stock. I know they dont have a good rep but it was so hard finding more mags for my pistol, so I ordered two. First time I use them, the bottom plate falls out when firing first of 17rds. So spring, follower and 16 rounds fall on ground into leaves.

Call customer service, oh sorry we will email you a rma label and get you new ones. Two weeks later no email! Call them again, email sent that day. I sent the two junk mags in pieces back to them. They got my box the first week of April. Two months (start of June now)and 6 phone calls later my replacements finally get here. Open the box and walla, two 32rd magazines!!!! WTF? Called them up and was pissed. Complained it took two months to get the wrong mags sent to me. They again apologize and tell me the 17rds are now backoreded, so the waiting begins.

After 2 weeks I call, waiting on a production order for them to be made. Would you like us to send you another product for another firearm? No sorry not interested in anymore of your products.

2 more weeks I call, my distributor has them back in stock, sorry man still waiting on a production order for them. I ask why my distributor has them back but not mine from four months ago? We dont know sir.

3 weeks ago, I call, still on a production order. I asked to speak with management, they transfer to voicemail. I left a polite but blunt message.

As of today no return call from them. So I called again, guess what answer is? Waiting on production order.

Asked to speak to someone in management again and not a voicemail. After a 15 minute discussion with him, he tells me that he will contact my distributor and have them ship me two from them and then they will re-supply them.

Lets see how long I wait now!
Last edited by Jeepjockey on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A.K.A MMAJEEPER

Jeepjockey
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: ProMag crap!

Post by Jeepjockey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Sorry that was a long post.
A.K.A MMAJEEPER

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Promag = dog poop
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:21 am

If it says ProMag anywhere on it, that's the only thing I need to know that my money won't be going there. Every time I ever touched anything they made it was a turd, and that's the nicest thing I can say about them. Complete waste of time, every time!
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:06 am

Junk X100

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:46 am

Wyldman wrote:If it says ProMag anywhere on it, that's the only thing I need to know that my money won't be going there. Every time I ever touched anything they made it was a turd, and that's the nicest thing I can say about them. Complete waste of time, every time!

+1.

ProMag is like White Castles...you go a few years after swearing them off, then forget how bad it was and give it another try, just to be reminded why you swore 'never again' the last time...

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Just saw pro mag in an article the other day. Guy was using one of their vertices grips on a keltec KSG and it came off the rail then he shot his hand...and he was talking about suing keltec....

If I'm gonna use a vertical grip on a pump shotgun is use something with a lot more than a detent to hold it in place.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:59 pm

I got a free promag ar mag. Will prolly just be loaded with junk ammo and used as range duty. If it doesn't work I will pack with tannerite and make it the target
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Return to “Everything Else”