Group Shoot. That is all.

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Group Shoot. That is all.

Post by rustynuts » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:29 am

Let me drag up my soap box pedestal real quick......Hang on, it's kinda heavy.

Thump! Thump! Thump! Is this thing on? Yes? Okay.

I keep hearing, "We need to have a group shoot, we need to have a group shoot", and then almost immediately afterwards there is a chorus of "But there's nowhere to shoot." I'm calling BULL-SHIT.

I understand the politics involved with nixing New Haven, okay, but there are still other places to get people together and go shooting. Knob Creek, TG&G, Open Range.....All it takes is someone getting off their ass and organizing it. So, as I stand here on my soap box, my ass exposed for everyone to laugh at, I am asking....

Who wants to go shooting????

Throw out some places and dates and if need be, I'll make the arrangements. I'm just a bit tired of sitting on my butt talking about guns, I want to put them to use.

That is all. Can someone help me with my soap box? It's a bit on the heavy side and I think I strained my back just now.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Group Shoot. That is all.

Post by Dustin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:49 am

08/30 At Knob Creek lower range. Its $10 per person and we need our own RO or we can hire theirs from 15 hourly.

TG&G, Open Range IMHO because of the crowd we tend to draw. Also New Haven was to small for use someone we going to get hurt.

There is my 2 cents.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:51 am

I would go to anywhere except TG&G

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:01 am

Dustin wrote:08/30 At Knob Creek lower range. Its $10 per person and we need our own RO or we can hire theirs from 15 hourly.

TG&G, Open Range IMHO because of the crowd we tend to draw. Also New Haven was to small for use someone we going to get hurt.

There is my 2 cents.
Double this... Even as much as I think KCR sucks cock, everything points at it. I think out own RO is the only option. (Refer back to them sucking cock...haha)

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 am

100+ people at the last shoot. So need space to accomadate the parking as well. KCR seems like the only viable option unless someone has lots of private land they would be willing to offer up. But with that comes the liability.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:29 am

I pretty much assumed KCR would be the best bet. Saturday, huh? Was hoping someone would say Sunday since I don't get out of work until about 8:30 Saturday mornings, but it is what it is.

Anyone object to Knob Creek? Any other dates?

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 am

Do we have a RSO? I am technically certified but don't have the paperwork yet from the NRA. Lost in the shuffle somewhere. That, and while I've taken the class, I don't have the practical experience to commit to it. I know of another member here who was in the class with me but don't want to volunteer him either.

Anyone else?

gaston_kalash
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by gaston_kalash » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:06 am

I'd like to attend. I will be coming from somerset. I'd prefer a Saturday or even 9/1 is labor day would be fine with me. Just give me time to pick up some ammo.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
SI JE PUIS

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:14 am

My understanding was all it takes to be a Knob Creek RO is just to yell a lot and act like an asshole

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:16 am

rustynuts wrote:Do we have a RSO? I am technically certified but don't have the paperwork yet from the NRA. Lost in the shuffle somewhere. That, and while I've taken the class, I don't have the practical experience to commit to it. I know of another member here who was in the class with me but don't want to volunteer him either.

Anyone else?
:llama:

Don't know about you, but if I was a registered sex offender, I wouldn't be making that public knowledge on this forum.

Just sayin..... :llama:

samb.

Post by samb. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:16 am

I may be able to attend with a few others.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:23 am

KYgundude wrote:My understanding was all it takes to be a Knob Creek RO is just to yell a lot and act like an asshole
hahaha!

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:28 am

KYgundude wrote:My understanding was all it takes to be a Knob Creek RO is just to yell a lot and act like an asshole
Well, heck. I can do that!

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:30 am

Mike wrote:
rustynuts wrote:Do we have a RSO? I am technically certified but don't have the paperwork yet from the NRA. Lost in the shuffle somewhere. That, and while I've taken the class, I don't have the practical experience to commit to it. I know of another member here who was in the class with me but don't want to volunteer him either.

Anyone else?

Don't know about you, but if I was a registered sex offender, I wouldn't be making that public knowledge on this forum.

Just sayin..... :llama:
I ain't skeered and I don't hide from my past!

Double llama.

:llama: :llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:17 pm

rustynuts wrote:
yep all you have to do is yell now that the asshole part is down to a science... Hahaha

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:26 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
yep all you have to do is yell now that the asshole part is down to a science... Hahaha
I've had the asshole part down for years. Just ask my ex-wife.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:35 pm

rustynuts wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
I've had the asshole part down for years. Just ask my ex-wife.
yeah I hear I have it mastered as well....

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ProCroation » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:38 pm

My wife and I are at Shooters Roost in Shelbyville nearly every Sunday lately. However, they only permit pistols, shotguns and .22 rifles. That's probably a turn off to several of you and especially no fun for a group shoot. However, if any of you ever want to join us, just PM me and ask if we're going. We would love to have company. We are usually the only people at the range on Sunday after 2pm. We could all get lunch afterward. Just let me know.

I'm down for a bigger group shoot like Rusty is suggesting too. I like Open Range.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Talked to Marcus about a KAC "sanctioned" event. He said he needs to make a couple of phone calls. If not KAC, I have no qualms about putting something together.

Never been to Shooters Roost. Shelbyville is about an hour from here but I don't mind the drive....Can't do it tomorrow (throwing a friend a diaper party, hah) but Sundays are usually good for me.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:57 pm

you have 10x more of a chance to get KAC to Roosters/Hooters than to a range lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 pm

A gun club that doesn't actually shoot guns.

No llama
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:40 pm

shelbygoat wrote:you have 10x more of a chance to get KAC to Roosters/Hooters than to a range lol
wings!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:42 pm

None of the indoor ranges are anywhere near large enough for a actual KAC shoot. Especial since it's been two years. There would probably be a really large turnout. Quite a few new members also.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:44 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
shelbygoat wrote:you have 10x more of a chance to get KAC to Roosters/Hooters than to a range lol
wings!
I vote Mexican next time.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:49 pm

I tried talking to a few different gun clubs in and around Louisville. None are really up to specs for our members and the type of guns we like to shoot. Not to mention some would not even return calls.
Knob Creek Range (Which Im not a fan of) is the only local range that fits our needs. If anyone outside of Louisville knows of any range that can accommodate up to 100+ people with high powered rifles, please feel free to post up contact info.
Other then that, it looks like KCR is our only choice.

Return to “Everything Else”